ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #13381
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,088
Great weekend at Barber!!

I managed some good laptimes this weekend and even got to walk the track Saturday afternoon which is a rare treat at barber.


Had trouble with my troublesome bad right wrist had to ice it Saturday night and between each session Sunday. Sucks that 40 years of riding is finally catching up to my wrists. Not pinning riding on all my causes of a bad right wrist I do think my day job has a lot to do with it. Either way it was bad timing for it to flair up non the less I rode through the pain. Not easy on a 160+ HP superbike.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #13382
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
I think you did good editing that. That mud looked suckey.
+1


Good wheelies too
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #13383
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer
 
Kingsized's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Central MS
Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
Don't know how to make it viewable on a phone but here's the video I made of optikalilluzion4, babarnette, and me riding last Saturday...

http://youtu.be/xYMw3fjLZow

Warning: noob editor
Good video edit. What are they doing out there to have taken all the gravel off the top? That looked down right snotty.
__________________
Everything's better in retrospect.
My ride through Bourbon county http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post22154447
Kingsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #13384
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan
 
aaron2a's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: canton, ms
Oddometer: 581
Don't know what they are doing but it was definitely slick... Thanks for the compliments on the video :)
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #13385
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
Don't know what they are doing but it was definitely slick... Thanks for the compliments on the video :)
Is the mic picking up you talking to yourself while riding? Wasn't sure what I was hearing in the back ground. Nice video!!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #13386
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
Don't know how to make it viewable on a phone but here's the video I made of optikalilluzion4, babarnette, and me riding last Saturday...

http://youtu.be/xYMw3fjLZow

Warning: noob editor

Good video. Supah can show you how to add some flair to those wheelies.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #13387
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan
 
aaron2a's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: canton, ms
Oddometer: 581
Yes I've got a Mic in my helmet but it was not set right so it was really fuzzy sounding... Just figured out YouTube doesn't like that I used copyrighted music. Gotta find some non copyrighted music to use.
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #13388
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
Yes I've got a Mic in my helmet but it was not set right so it was really fuzzy sounding... Just figured out YouTube doesn't like that I used copyrighted music. Gotta find some non copyrighted music to use.

You tube always marks it as copyright. Just don't claim you own it. They flag most of my videos but nothing ever happens. As long as you aren't using it commercially, no problem.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #13389
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
I managed some good laptimes this weekend and even got to walk the track Saturday afternoon which is a rare treat at barber.


Had trouble with my troublesome bad right wrist had to ice it Saturday night and between each session Sunday. Sucks that 40 years of riding is finally catching up to my wrists. Not pinning riding on all my causes of a bad right wrist I do think my day job has a lot to do with it. Either way it was bad timing for it to flair up non the less I rode through the pain. Not easy on a 160+ HP superbike.

It's no fun getting old. I also battle with the daily pains that stem from self inflicted abuse through the years. Age just seems to remind us of all the stupid things we did, and continue to do. I just have to look at it and think, Yes, it was worth it.

I bet that was quite the challenge to deal with on a race bike.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #13390
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan
 
aaron2a's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: canton, ms
Oddometer: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
You tube always marks it as copyright. Just don't claim you own it. They flag most of my videos but nothing ever happens. As long as you aren't using it commercially, no problem.
I can't make it viewable on Mobile when it's flagged either
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #13391
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
I can't make it viewable on Mobile when it's flagged either
They flagged some of mine that way. People just have to get to a computer to see it.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #13392
optikalilluzion4
Okie Dokie
 
optikalilluzion4's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Brandon, Mississippi
Oddometer: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
They flagged some of mine that way. People just have to get to a computer to see it.

Well that sucks. I can't view it because they have youtube blocked on my work computer. I am gonna have to wait till I get home to check out the awesomeness that is the ride we had.
optikalilluzion4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #13393
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan
 
aaron2a's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: canton, ms
Oddometer: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by optikalilluzion4 View Post
Well that sucks. I can't view it because they have youtube blocked on my work computer. I am gonna have to wait till I get home to check out the awesomeness that is the ride we had.
And that's why I prefer to not have it flagged
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #13394
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post

I bet that was quite the challenge to deal with on a race bike.
Yes it was. The ice really helped. The tight gauntlet gloves I wear have a sinch at the wrist that was right over the ligament that gives me the problems. Once tight that kept the ligament from springing out. That's when I get the pain when it pops out like a rubber band. Ice seemed to shrink it and numb it during the 40 minutes between sessions. Being my right hand I made an adjustment to my CRG brake lever and set the lever further out which reduced the amount of finger movement over the lever when hard on the brakes. It did cause me some pain trying to flick the big girl left to right at speed. I somewhat solved that by using my lower body more mainly my thighs to help me leverage those left and right transitions. It was more mental thought work than actual physical work. Things are balling fast at those speeds and last thing I need dive bombing an upcoming turn is for my gimp hand to not muster enough braking force up front. I also shortened my sessions into sprints instead of running the solid 20 minutes I'd do 5-6 laps really quick then hit the pit with all but a numb right hand.

Setup on the bike is pretty solid so she's not a bucking bronco but stuff can go wrong quick if you pull the pin to early leaned over exiting a turn. Can't spend too much time on the edge of the tire with a lot of throttle on a 1000. It can be costly in the wallet for a tire or worse a hospital trip.

Even with the little hiccup I still had a wonderful time and just took it in stride.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #13395
Supahflid
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
Good video. Supah can show you how to add some flair to those wheelies.
Nah, I'm done with those. I've moved on to stoppies.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014