Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #13801
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 1,977
With the abundance of excuses used on this board, I thought I would come up with a list of common excuses for the MS ADV community. I thought it would save some of the time spent typing. Now, If you want to respond to an offer to ride or meet, you can respond with a number only.

1) It's too far to ride.

2) It's too cold to ride.

3) It's too hot to ride.

4) I can't find the location.

5) I need to work on my bike.

6) I have to work.

7) I have family in town.

8) I need to work on my shed / house.

9) I need to work on my vehicle.

10) I have run out of excuses. Just pick one of the above mentioned excuses and apply it to this, and every other riding or social situation that may arise.

On second thought, there is no need to bother responding to any offer to meet or ride with an excuse. We all know you are not coming because it's nothing new. Showing up would actually be an oddity. Posting your excuse is a waste of your time and ours.

Have a nice day!
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #13802
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

Oddometer: 631
So.... Anybody wanna go riding tomorrow? Since I don't have to "6"... Although it might be a little "2" for some people.
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #13803
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
With the abundance of excuses used on this board, I thought I would come up with a list of common excuses for the MS ADV community. I thought it would save some of the time spent typing. Now, If you want to respond to an offer to ride or meet, you can respond with a number only.

1) It's too far to ride.

3) It's too hot to ride.

6) I have to work.

10) I have run out of excuses. Just pick one of the above mentioned excuses and apply it to this, and every other riding or social situation that may arise.

On second thought, there is no need to bother responding to any offer to meet or ride with an excuse. We all know you are not coming because it's nothing new. Showing up would actually be an oddity. Posting your excuse is a waste of your time and ours.

Have a nice day!
I personally take the approach of just not posting unless I'm specifically asked if I'm in . Which is why y'all haven't heard from me much since the rally. Hell, it's been 2 weeks since I've ridden at all.
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #13804
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,293
Looks like 100% rain and cold tomorrow... SO I guess 2 covers me.

Oh, and BABS just helped me put the hard top on the Jeep and asked me what the plans were for NYD ride 2014... Talk about planning ahead! i think he liked the freezing cold rain ride last year!
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #13805
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

Oddometer: 631
NYD ride eh? So we ride till midnight right : Im in unless it's just the next morning in which case probly "6" as usual... It's nice to have a job and sucks all at the same time
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #13806
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2a View Post
NYD ride eh? So we ride till midnight right : Im in unless it's just the next morning in which case probly "6" as usual... It's nice to have a job and sucks all at the same time
If you can't go, you don't have to post up and tell us, besides its usually an all day ride on New Years DAY. :-)
And it is weeks away, so everyone has plenty of time to think up excuses... right now I'm gonna use 11." I need a new front tire" but I guess that falls under the "I have to work on my bike"....
Old 11-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #13807
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,425
I'll offer up a dose of 1,2,6, and 12 (my bike don't ride them kinds of roads )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #13808
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,264
I was just thinking about the NYD ride today actually. With how little I'm riding these days, going to a (semi) knobby on the Tenere makes sense, especially this time of year. Anybody try the Karoo 3 on a big bike yet? Oh wait, nobody here rides...
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #13809
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
I was just thinking about the NYD ride today actually. With how little I'm riding these days, going to a (semi) knobby on the Tenere makes sense, especially this time of year. Anybody try the Karoo 3 on a big bike yet? Oh wait, nobody here rides...

I am considering trying a set of Karoo3's on the Tiger. Problem is, only my front needs changing right now. Guess I could put the front Karoo3 on and wait to change rear later.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #13810
unclejimmy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Any specifics on the NYD ride,,,,,,I am planning to attend Stagecoach !i might have to do an overnight in Jackson to catch both riders,,,,uj
unclejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #13811
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Got in a 2 hour ride early this morning. Thanks to DQ for helping me fix my heated gear which wan't working for today's ride. I was still warm though. I'm hoping the heated gear will keep me from layering so much. I hate riding when I can't move freely.

I'll fully admit to #6. The other don't apply to me very often but I'll add another which I'm guilty of lately:

#11 I need to spend time with my wife and kid.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #13812
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy

Oddometer: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post

1) It's too far to ride.

3) It's too hot to ride.

6) I have to work.

Have a nice day!
You forgot a major one... I broke my foot! I hope it is feeling better.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #13813
babarnette
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
I'll offer up 3 more excuses:

13. Too drunk

14. Too hungover

15. Everybody I invited gave me a bunch of damned excuses and riding by yourself isn't as much fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Looks like 100% rain and cold tomorrow... SO I guess 2 covers me.

Oh, and BABS just helped me put the hard top on the Jeep and asked me what the plans were for NYD ride 2014... Talk about planning ahead! i think he liked the freezing cold rain ride last year!

That ride was invigorating!
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:43 AM   #13814
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 869
Well -

If things hold together and my old bones and body can do it - I'll be leaving Fri am headed to Baton Rouge.
I have a warranty thing and have set the appointment up for 9 when BMW opens--last time it took 45 minutes to fix=
and as soon as they put the new tank sensor in I hopefully will try to beg for a tour of the swamp roads out of Baton Rouge----if Redknight and Dirty Sanchez will feel pity for an old man

if any one wants to go they would be welcome

at this point start giving excuses why :::::

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:52 AM   #13815
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,103
Sundays bounty with Wera at Nola Motorsports park

Two seconds but I should have won the last race. I led from the start but screwed up T8, almost came off the bike in 4th gear at a good clip. Wind blew me off line into the car bumps, I lost the front end over the bumps. Left leg/foot came completely off the peg while leaned into the right hander. The guy behind me snuck under neath me while I was trying to stay on the thing. I had two more chances to get him back before the finish line but my eager throttle hand on the edge of the tire spun it up to much and I had nothing for him after that down the front straight. Lost by .36 seconds.

Btw the winds down there were 20-30 mph all day out of the north. Very tough to keep these bikes on line.
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote