Old 03-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #14403
The_Precious_Juice
Underway

Oddometer: 1,438
could be there Monday or Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Precious_Juice View Post
Thanks for the response.

My time table got pushed to the right. It is just an oil change.

I'll let you know after I push from this camp. I'm just south of Crosby.

Thanks for reading
Greetings,

I'm in Natchez now. After it rains tonight I could push to your location, or just visit Vicksburg tomorrow and then ride your way on Tuesday. Whatever is best for you.

Thanks again for your response.
The_Precious_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:05 AM   #14404
Schall87
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Supermoto

I'm sure this will start some arguments, but arguments keep threads interesting. I'm curious why people supermoto their dualsports. Maybe aaron2a has some insight. I have seen supermoto guys talk about "beating up the squids on their liters in the twisties"-- How and why would someone on a dual sport (sm) out perform a racing bike? (assuming both riders are equally skilled)

On a sidenote, a big thanks to DQ and the gang for your help Saturday it was good to see everyone. If its in the 70's Saturday I will be looking to ride.
Schall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #14405
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,379
Hey Schall! Welcome to the group! :-)
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #14406
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 1,999
Jackson MS riders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schall87 View Post
I'm sure this will start some arguments, but arguments keep threads interesting. I'm curious why people supermoto their dualsports. Maybe aaron2a has some insight. I have seen supermoto guys talk about "beating up the squids on their liters in the twisties"-- How and why would someone on a dual sport (sm) out perform a racing bike? (assuming both riders are equally skilled)

On a sidenote, a big thanks to DQ and the gang for your help Saturday it was good to see everyone. If its in the 70's Saturday I will be looking to ride.

We had a good time. In the future we just need to remember to never let Supah touch the tire spoons.

I'm not a SM guy but I will take a stab at your question.

SM wheels are smaller than DS wheels. This makes the bike respond better and more "flickable" in the corners.

Most people don't know how to ride a bike (to its maximum) in the twisties. Therefore, when you hear people talk about outrunning someone, any bike (except a cruiser because of their limited cornering ability), through the twisties, chances are they have just encountered someone that either doesn't know how to, or chooses not to maximize his bike in the twisties.

A race track is different than the twisties. Tracks are about corner speed and straight away speed. Twisties are about corner speed only. If you take two riders of equal skill on two different disciplines of bikes (say DS and SM or SM and crotch rocket), put them in the mountains where only corner speed matters, the race would be a lot closer than you would imagine. Obviously there are a lot of other factors, besides rider skill, that would come into play. Such as: road condition, tire size, air pressure, bike and rider weight, suspension set up, etc, etc, etc.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012

DavidQ screwed with this post 03-04-2014 at 09:37 AM
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #14407
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schall87 View Post

The main reason I like Supermotos is that they are really responsive and easy to throw around. I've always heard they would out corner a crotch rocket and I have out cornered quite a few but I think a lot of it is the willingness to push it that far. I like that it makes people look and wonder what the heck is a dirt bike doing with sport bike tires. It's nice to be able to jump onto a trail if I want and I do a lot of playing on stairs and other places I shouldn't be. The main thing has to be that its just plain fun and I like the way it handles better than a dual sport or a crotch rocket. Plus unlike a crotch rocket when I mess up it's not a couple grand fix. Dual sports in my mind are more for just getting to a trail to ride and a sm is for acting like a hooligan and playing anywhere and everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaron2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #14408
Schall87
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
DQ and Aaron2a thanks for your in depth responses. The two of you covered everything, so now I don't feel so uneducated about supermotos. Has anyone ridden since the weekend? Chuck Norris has been riding around Jackson this week, with no jacket or shirt.
All kidding aside, My buddy is a trooper; he rode his bike to work on Monday, 27*.
Schall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #14409
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

I ride everyday to work but you won't catch me in summer clothes. Haven't been joy riding lately except the short sprint to and from work (supermoto hooliganism FTW). This Friday I'm going to Gulfport to get my new project. It's a 1991 international gull sized school bus. Comes with all the pieces off a camper to convert it to a rv/toy hauler. I'm also putting a 2 ton lift off the back of a box truck on it for loading my motorcycle up in the back. Should be fun. I'm either gonna post pictures on the farkel thread or make a new one for the progress as I go.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #14410
optikalilluzion4
Okie Dokie

Oddometer: 337
I ride almost every day to work, be it rain, snow, or shine.
optikalilluzion4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #14411
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

^^^i second that... (Unless it's 6am and I'm half asleep AND it's freezing or raining) plus the cars and truck have to be driven every now and then just enough to knock the rust off the rotors

Old 03-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #14412
aaron2a
supermoto hooligan

Jackson MS riders?

On the subject of Supermotos... Go on YouTube and watch jakethegardensnake, fireguy24, and Armenian. Makes me want to go to Texas lots of good stuff

Also spicy110 over in Europe but he's on a 125 and doesn't drive crazy. There's superretards, and supermotohooligans. The list goes on but I'll stop with those

aaron2a screwed with this post 03-04-2014 at 04:23 PM
Old 03-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #14413
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Jackson MS riders?

Travis, an inmate from Virginia, stopped by my house yesterday. He is on a trip doing a tour of the South. I think he is on day 46 of his trip and he is slowly making his way back home. Travis is a Navy veteran and also a very nice guy. We did some maintenance to his bike and then took him to Dukes for lunch. He was heading for Montgomery today. Then on into North Georgia.

Here is a LINK to his ride report.

A couple of pics.

Thanks for stopping by, Travis. I hope the rest of your trip goes well.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
Old 03-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #14414
The_Precious_Juice
Underway

Oddometer: 1,438
thanks!

Yesterday was a great day.

Much warmer
Toured Jackson,
Good back roads to Brandon
Great hospitality. David is great. Love the KTM.
went for a ride on Shiloh rd. Very twisty.
Good eats at a local restaurant
Meet another great inmate with the GSA
Made good time on the 80 east.

Crossed into Alabama and saw two wild pigs grazing off the road. Never seen wild pigs before.
Thought about camping in a abandon gas stations or something similar, but mill from Montgomery took me in one day early. I did not want to break camp or ride in the rain the next morning.

Almost a 300 mile day. Big day for the DR.
I'll be back at the base camp in 9 days. I'll get the ride report in order then.

Thanks again David!
The_Precious_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #14415
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Does anyone around the Jackson area have a 4 person tent that you want to sell?
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012