User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #31
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,146
sparrowhawk,

that looks like the technique for the centerstand model pre-easy-up widget. Certainly the kickstarter would help you pull the bike up onto the centerstand, and the rear rack handles are too high for that, but on my 03 with the newer centerstand design I don't have to pull up; I just pull backwards while stepping on the easy-up and it pops right up.

Am I cheating?
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:03 PM   #32
Mike Figielski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Figielski
Does anyone know if the SW Motech rack will fit the 620 RXC bikes? Can't tell from the description at Twisted throttle.
mike
Well I ordered the SW rack for my 620 and it does not fit really. It required different spacers at the forward mounts and an adapter bracket for the holes on top of the fender to line up. Got it to work and am happy but anyone with a 620 should expect to do a little work to get it to fit. Worth it for $75 considering the stock KTM rack is twice that price.
Mike

Check Out:
beemerboneyard.com
Mike Figielski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #33
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Figielski
Well I ordered the SW rack for my 620 and it does not fit really. It required different spacers at the forward mounts and an adapter bracket for the holes on top of the fender to line up. Got it to work and am happy but anyone with a 620 should expect to do a little work to get it to fit. Worth it for $75 considering the stock KTM rack is twice that price.
Mike
Did you try reversing the left and right spacers at the forward mounts? The included instructions are not very clear and the rear holes didn't align with the rack when I tried to follow them. A quick switch and all was good with the world.
Sparrowhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #34
Mike Figielski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk
Did you try reversing the left and right spacers at the forward mounts? The included instructions are not very clear and the rear holes didn't align with the rack when I tried to follow them. A quick switch and all was good with the world.
I did try that but and no-go. The main problem was that the tabs at the rear of the rack were way off from the bolts going through the rear fender. They were off by at least 1 1/2" inches. The 620 rear sub frame is somewhat different than the 640. I probably could have ground off the rear mounting tabs from the rack and re-welded them in the correct position but I did not want to mess up the powder coat finish on the rack and this way i can sell the rack to anyone with a 640 if I decide I don't want it.
Mike

Check Out:
beemerboneyard.com
Mike Figielski is online now   Reply With Quote