Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #46
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed King
So, what can a guy expect to pay for a '09 Tuono? What would be a good deal?
There you go and a good read as well
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2009-streetfighters-shootout-aprilia-tuono-1000-r-buell-1125cr-triumph-speed-triple-87798.html
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #47
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,148
I have almosk 10k on that bike. Never rode a better bike, just would wish my deceased father would have ridden it . The old man loved his bikes....
No time for many pics, typically wife is in charge of camera, so... plently pics of the old Capo and new Connie.
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:35 AM   #48
_Tuf_
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
Tuf the roads look CA ish and havnt you heard the line " IT wasnt me officer"
The AZ mountain roads look pretty similar to CA. And that's a line you'll have to master yourself if you end up getting the bike and give in to the sweet temptation.

Anything makes sense if you don't know what you're talking about.
_Tuf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #49
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tuf_
The AZ mountain roads look pretty similar to CA. And that's a line you'll have to master yourself if you end up getting the bike and give in to the sweet temptation.
Nearly had to yesterday my budies behind me were going very slow for some reason ( about 60mph/95kph) on open road and I was bored and thought arr ill drop thunder (Tuono in Itallion) into second and do a wheelie but I resisted cause I didnt want to seem like the poser that I really am, later I asked why they were giong so slow and was told we were being followed by the Police ( It wasnt me officer might not have worked in this case )
Old 06-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #50
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olie
I have almosk 10k on that bike. Never rode a better bike, just would wish my deceased father would have ridden it . The old man loved his bikes....
No time for many pics, typically wife is in charge of camera, so... plently pics of the old Capo and new Connie.
Hi Olie sorry to hear about your Father , I sure he would have enjoyed Tuono as much as you and I do.
Regards wife, careful now, remember who feeds you etc
Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #51
_Tuf_
Gnarly Adventurer

whoops ... reading comprehension fail on my part. Either that or I confused this with another thread where someone was thinking about buying one. In any event I said "if you end up getting the bike," and I gave you a laundry list of problems to look out for.... I'm NOT on crack.

Quote:
Nearly had to yesterday my budies behind me were going very slow for some reason ( about 60mph/95kph) on open road and I was bored and thought arr ill drop thunder (Tuono in Itallion) into second and do a wheelie but I resisted cause I didnt want to seem like the poser that I really am, later I asked why they were giong so slow and was told we were being followed by the Police ( It wasnt me officer might not have worked in this case )
I think we've all had those moments where we exercise uncharacteristic restraint and it saved us from financial (or physical) pain. I actually only received a warning in that pic. My friend there was on leave from the Army and I think that bought us some consideration from Sgt. Walters

Old 06-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #52
RoadsContinue
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I have had my 08 Tuono for over a year now and it has not disappointed me yet. The best investment I have made on the bike is a set of Mivv GP Carbon Exhaust. Best sounding and looking exhaust I have ever found and no other bike like it.

motovationusa.com

I am thinking of going to the race map on my factory ECU and going down a tooth in the front. Anyone had this done?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #53
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,148
I have 15T sprocket on the front, huge difference, but I would keep the standard map unless you want to do track days.
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:47 AM   #54
MCmad OP
Banned

Hi Guys hows it going.
My Touno has a Micron single can so is a bit more responsive down low than with the stocker ( no chip).
To be honest for the road anymore grunt that the 15t might add would be over kill for me.
Im quite grateful with the slight lule in the power before it goes berseck and throws its wheel at the sky .
This allows me to ride round like a normal person if I so feel the urge, so long as I short shift it.
Otherwise let it run up the revs a bit and bam up she goes , generally I average about 4 wheelies per ride and dont need the encouragement of extra grunt to increase those stats

Tuonos are bit like having a 130hp motorcrosser for the street, nuts
Old 06-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #55
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
'04 Tuono

2004 Tuono R/Aprilia
Ti slip-on and chip/K&N filter/early model intake snorkel/16-42 gearing w/DID ZVRM2 chain and a Sargent seat.
Chassis set up-4 rings showing on the forks with Factory Connection 5WT/stock shock w/spring for my fat ass/Raised rear ride height 8MM measured at pass footpeg/180/55 rear tire

66 thousand trouble free miles and God knows how many wheelies.Not even a valve shim needed yet.Intakes have begun to move,soon.Best motorcycle I've ever owned and that's not a short list.

anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #56
Bikeaddict
Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer: 216
Found a used 04 model w/ 31000 kms on the odo. It looks mint. Service intervals? Anything big coming up on 40000 kms? Electric problems? Its black and its beautiful and its cheap. So should I go for it?
Old 06-27-2009, 02:56 AM   #57
MCmad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeaddict
Found a used 04 model w/ 31000 kms on the odo. It looks mint. Service intervals? Anything big coming up on 40000 kms? Electric problems? Its black and its beautiful and its cheap. So should I go for it?
Hi Bkeaddict Check out previos post then go buy it

Not my bike but still looks good in the snow
Old 06-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #58
benwiggin2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeaddict
Bought my 1st one with 24k on the ticker. All I knew about them at the time was that I wanted one. Not a problem since I bought it (only been a few months) but I am sure glad that I got it. You won't be sorry.
benwiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #59
immortal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Well...Just beat the crap out of my 07 Tuono.

Rode the Yukon and Alaska, covered in bugs and mud and loaded with camping gear and extra fuel. Shredded a rear tire in 3000 miles, bent the rear axle and wasted 4L of oil, but other than that, it was brilliant.
Got a Laminar lip winscreen, but the handguards and other comfort bits never did arrive in time.
Touring on a Tuono is like having a big Fast Forward button...been there seen that? Twist the throttle and blast by...
I will say there is so much to see in Alaska, but some parts were just out of reach because of fuel range or my tires.
The roads are hard on tires (and riders), but Tuono touring is not only possible, but satisfying as hell, especially when the Aprilia dealer in Anchorage has not yet received any Aprilia bikes...and totally goes above and beyond to get me back on the road with an new tire and CBR1000RR substitute rear axle. I would have been so screwed waiting for a replacement Aprilia axle...
Old 07-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #60
_Tuf_
Gnarly Adventurer

holy crap .... 66 k ... good on ya.

Quote:
I am thinking of going to the race map on my factory ECU and going down a tooth in the front. Anyone had this done?
Don't listen to Olie! Drop one tooth in the front, go up two in the rear and hit up your dealer for map2 and I guarantee you will not regret it. Such an inexpensive mod and what an improvement. It'll smooth you out on the bottom end and really wake it up. The stock gearing is a bit on the tall side.