Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #7006
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,897
Went for a good boot about this afternoon...

Bit of country and city riding... about 50 km worth. Pretty chilly out, and a stiff south wind too. Tested out the Gerbing heated gear again. Nice to be able to stay toasty warm, but while you really feel the jacket liner get warm, the gloves not so much - not that the hands get cold mind you. Not nice being bundled up like Michelin Man tho!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #7007
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
That was me that flashed and waved while you were eastbound on Roblin west of the Perimeter!
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #7008
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

You live out that way?

I wasn't sure who it was! I thought it may have been a fellow ADVer, but there's a fellow that lives somewhere along Roblin in south Headingly that owns 2 or 3 sidecar rigs, so thought that might have been him. I did my routine country putt out to Beaudry Park... too windy today to brew a coffee out there. You live out that way? We'll be moving out that way (to Breezy Bend) as soon as we win that HSC dream home that we bought a ticket for
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #7009
theshaneler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
supposed to be nice this weekend... so on Monday i said to myself, you know what would be a great idea.. ill just fall down some stairs and break a bone in my right foot.
guess im sitting out the rest of riding season :(

that being said, it is my right foot, i could probably still ride well enough :p
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #7010
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
supposed to be nice this weekend... so on Monday i said to myself, you know what would be a great idea.. ill just fall down some stairs and break a bone in my right foot.

that being said, it is my right foot, i could probably still ride well enough :p
Sorry to hear about the foot.... Front brakes compensate well for the lack of rear brake. Matter of fact my first bike had no back brake. It did have a right hand shift and left hand kick start.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #7011
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaneler View Post
...break a bone in my right foot.
That sucks, but at least it's not the START of the riding season.
PiffleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #7012
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 614
I swear it is like herding cats...

Has anyone come up with a clear plan for which day to ride, when and where to start that ride, and what route might be taken?

I have read that one or two want to ride tomorrow, and one or two who want to ride on Sunday, and I am open for either one or both...Is anyone ready to commit yet?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #7013
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
I wasn't sure who it was! I thought it may have been a fellow ADVer
Not out that way, live in La Salle, but was on my way to Headingley for valve shims!
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #7014
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

West Hawk Lake/Falcon Lake loop

We were thinking of a loop thru the Whiteshell. Maybe Dugald Rd east to Elma, (Hwy 15), 11 N to 44 and thru Rennie to West Hawk. We could go inspect the HSC dream cabin at Falcon Lake and I'd even be up for going back same way (beats the Trans Canada).
Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #7015
stubblejumper

Oddometer: 211
San Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencejinn View Post
Just wondering if any of you here had any riding experiences around San Francisco area. I'm going there in a few weeks and have a free day on Sat. Would like to check out some areas with nice road and view of the ocean.
Thanks a lot.
You have probably noticed that I enjoyed San Fran. Head west on Geary Blvd or Balboa St. You will get to the Pacific Ocean. The last place I lived in San Fran was close to Pacifica in Daley City. I wish I was going with you. Lots of really good Chineese places to eat. My fav`s anyway. Working For Pacific Bell we had more access to places than the average person. There is just lots to see. Have a great time
`11 Ram SLT Hemi 4x4
stubblejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #7016
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 728
Castrol oil

Where can you get a case of Castrol 10w40 M/C oil ? The price at Canadian tire has climbed to $6.64 plus tax is $14.87 for 2 litres.Yikes! I bought some but ouch!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #7017
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fry View Post
Mel can't come out until after 4pm. Her plans changed.
Whiteshell loop sounds good if we (me) can be back by 4ish to meet up with Mel.
What time were you thinking of going GreatWhite? I assume you were talking about Sunday.
Lee does that work for you?
Gregg?
Anyone else?
I'm commited to something Saturday that I have no idea of end time. If you all go that day have fun!
Will check for replies tomorrow or, call/text me.

I'm in, no matter which day it is...GWN, when/where do we meet?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #7018
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

It's saturday for us

Angelika has Saturday off, and works Sunday. Lee, or anyone else, I'd want to get going around 10:00 or 10:30 latest, so we'd get out there early... maybe have lunch at a restaurant at West Hawk or Falcon Lake? There is a Subway restaurant 995 Marion close to Lagimodiere - meet there at 10:00ish and leave at 10:30? Sound good? we're super flexible regarding stops, etc. A smart stop this time of year is a quick look at the goose sanctuary at Rennie - am betting there'd be lot's of goose action happening.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #7019
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark96 View Post
Where can you get a case of Castrol 10w40 M/C oil ? The price at Canadian tire has climbed to $6.64 plus tax is $14.87 for 2 litres.Yikes! I bought some but ouch!
Mark, if you're OK with running automobile blend Castrol GTX, it's on sale at Cdn Tire right now... a 5 litre jug is $16.89... approx $3.40/litre. Pretty hard to beat that - a KLR oil change for $8.50. I've been bouncing back and forth a bit between mc and car oil.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #7020
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
Angelika has Saturday off, and works Sunday. Lee, or anyone else, I'd want to get going around 10:00 or 10:30 latest, so we'd get out there early... maybe have lunch at a restaurant at West Hawk or Falcon Lake? There is a Subway restaurant 995 Marion close to Lagimodiere - meet there at 10:00ish and leave at 10:30? Sound good? we're super flexible regarding stops, etc. A smart stop this time of year is a quick look at the goose sanctuary at Rennie - am betting there'd be lot's of goose action happening.

I will be there - with several layers on - as I don't own any electric clothing...that said, the Burgie has heated handgrips and seat, so that will help...