Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #7321
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,729
They are nice, eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeKLR View Post
Wooooowwwww. Very nice cases. the rack is for a newer model KLR though which i don't own but I'll definitely take a look at the alberta kijiji page. Thank you very much for the info!
I wouldn't mind mounting 1 box something like that on the LH side of the sidecar rig... already have a good flat rack. Sometimes you see seconds on clearance at mail order suppliers like Happy Trails, etc. I'm sure not adverse to buying used - a little minor battle damage adds character. If anyone knows a good deal for just 1 hard box, please keep me in mind.

Edit: Oh, and Brian aka Piffle, ride safe & happy trails. Looks like with any luck you'll duck the advancing snowstorm!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #7322
calan818
The CarMexican

Oddometer: 1,221
1000 Vstrom

Looks like someone at Suzuki has been fraternizing with someone at BMW! New 2013 Vstrom 1000

calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #7323
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Much nicer looking!

I know the Wee-Strom & it's bigger brother are great bikes, but good looking, IMO, they're not. I'm not a fan of the slanted eye double headlight look in general... must say this is a much prettier face on this new V-Strom! Great engines, eh! ...kind of a budget Ducati Multistrada in my mind.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #7324
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
Looks like someone at Suzuki has been fraternizing with someone at BMW! New 2013 Vstrom 1000

I heard it was a bet between designers to see who could make it uglier and still have the execs approve the drawings.

Agree with GWN, I think it's closer to a duc than the beemers
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #7325
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

I'd take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humvee View Post
I heard it was a bet between designers to see who could make it uglier and still have the execs approve the drawings.

Agree with GWN, I think it's closer to a duc than the beemers
Heck, for the right price (free?) i'd take either. It's weird - 2 years ago I thought adventure bikes were, well, dumb (dare I say it!), but now, knowing better, I'm totally taken by them. There's something so cool about getting off the more beaten path. I actually like the looks of that new Suzuki... and the Versys, but if money wasn't an issue, would sure like to try Euro brands. I really like that new Honda NC700X - if they were smart they'd do that as a litre bike.

Jeez, sure put the bike away at the right time... bloody cold out!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #7326
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Old 11-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #7327
calan818
The CarMexican

Duc Like

Good side x side picture Humvee, there are a lot of similarities! I just wonder if the orange seat is going to be closer to the red of the tank/fender when it hits the showroom. Seems to be quite a clash of colors on the picture.

GWN, what type of motorcycle did you like before you discovered ADV rides? I can't imagine you on anything else!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #7328
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 681
Bundled up and went for an hour and a half ride yesterday. Took a spin to St Adolphe. Wanted to get some stabilizer through the carb and warm up the oil for the last change of the year. Nice ride heading south along the river but the brutal 40k north wind was cruel on the way back. Kind of a harsh slap of reality after 9 days of riding in Moab with above normal temps.

Piffle, I hope your ride goes well..........
Old 11-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #7329
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Street bikes

When I was younger, and stupid/no fear, I had sport bikes... Yamaha RD400 was my 1st bike (wheelie prone crotch rocket), traded that for a Honda 750 SuperSport (wrote that off, and almost myself too, in the Rockies), replaced that with a Yamaha 650 Seca Euro sportler (nice!) which I took with me to Germany. At the end of my tour there I sold it and didn't get back into bikes until about 4 years ago. I bought a Goldwing, an '82 GL1100, and then a 2nd '81. I sold them both, and bought a CB450 Hawk to play with... sold that and then bought a 1500 Goldwing... which I still have. If you've never ridden one, I joke it's like the Battlestar Galactica (big ship!)... all 880 lbs of it, plus it has a sidecar on it too! Early in spring it gave me grief losing power on the way to West Hawk Lake, with Mrs GWN onboard, and our little dog too. I was actually forced to park it and call CAA for a tow. Have been puttering away troubleshooting it on and off ever since. Have changed quite a few (expensive) parts. It'll be back on the road next summer:

From my annual trip to the Rockies previous year:

Old 11-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #7330
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Oddometer: 512
Till we meet again

Is what I sadly said to my bike when I put her to be yesterday. To console myself I took a drive down to the new Grffin Cycle shop to check it out. WAAAAY better than the old shop.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #7331
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,680
Stuffed the last of the fleet into shed today... The KLX400 proved to be s handful as a lot of Moab came back with it. It seemed to take forever to get all the sand out of the air filter.

Hopefully we will see an early spring, maybe by mid March
Old 11-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #7332
Tothelake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Riding over?

I was thinking I might pull the mighty KLR out of the garage at the lake and see if I could make a nice single tire track through the snow on Gundy Lake Road tomorrow If only I can summon enough of the inner Pifflemaster to try that one I'll let you know Hopefully he is well South of the snow by now.
Tothelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #7333
calan818
The CarMexican

PfilleMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothelake View Post
I was thinking I might pull the mighty KLR out of the garage at the lake and see if I could make a nice single tire track through the snow on Gundy Lake Road tomorrow If only I can summon enough of the inner Pifflemaster to try that one I'll let you know Hopefully he is well South of the snow by now.

Where was the bearded wizard heading?
Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #7334
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
Where was the bearded Icicle heading?
fixt
Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #7335
maraisrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
I was heading into Letellier before lunch to get my mail. I see a headlight coming towards me, sure as hell here comes Brian. I'd recognize that bike anywhere! (and who else would be crazy enough to race a snow storm)
Wish I could have got my camera out faster.
Get enough snow on that beard and kids will be thinking Santa is trying to get out of the cold
2013 Arctic Cat XF800 (6 months of winter)
maraisrider is offline   Reply With Quote