Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #721
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 493
Somewhere around 10,000-12,000km (don't remember exactly, and shed is frozen shut so I cant check). I'm planning to do a 4500-4700km trip this summer out to my aunt and uncles in BC in a sort of round about way.

So for sure by the end of this coming season I should check my valves.

The only thing I wanted to do was to adjust my clutch pack as my clutch has been slipping a tiny bit (only under high rpm shifts or dumping the clutch from a stand still) but the problem is that requires taking off the water pump and the entire right side of the engine case to just twist a couple nuts. Unlike the nice simple designs where you pull a clutch cover and that's it, you don't even have to drain the oil.

If I am going to go through all that trouble I may just change the clutch pack to an ECB fiber pack with steel spreaders instead of the shit kawi aluminum spreaders. Just need $140 for the whole kit and then $15 for a new gasket for the cover.

Oh, and a power distribution block with a relay would be a nice addition, turns all accessories off or on with the key.

BOBMUNZ screwed with this post 02-26-2010 at 02:01 PM
BOBMUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #722
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm
They can also install audio speakers that plug into an MP3
What sort of $ are they charging for a set with speakers built in?
Cheers, PM
PiffleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #723
worm
Tailgunner

Oddometer: 49
Ear Plugs

I will have a price list next week.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #724
stubblejumper

Oddometer: 207
Dual Sport Apparell

I was wondering if anyone has found any KLR logo clothing. T-Shirts, sweat shirts. I google KLR Clothing and not much comes up. It could even be a Dual Sport logo. Something with a design on the front and back of the clothing. Thanks
`11 Ram SLT Hemi 4x4

stubblejumper screwed with this post 02-27-2010 at 10:23 AM
stubblejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #725
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper
I was wondering if anyone has found any KLR logo clothing. T-Shirts, sweat shirts. I google KLR Clothing and not much comes up. It could even be a Dual Sport logo. Something with a design on the front and back of the clothing. Thanks
Nope, I haven't seen any KLR or dualsport specific clothing; but Backroader seems to have a keen distain for the California\Hawaiian surfin' shirts that Ms. PiffleMaster dresses me in. Do they count?
hehehe.

PS. Go to this site and scroll down to see an example. :-)
http://piffleco.com
Old 02-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #726
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper
I picked up an ADV rider wick-away shirt a few weeks ago. I like it.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503112
Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #727
stubblejumper

Oddometer: 207
Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiffleMaster
Nope, I haven't seen any KLR or dualsport specific clothing; but Backroader seems to have a keen distain for the California\Hawaiian surfin' shirts that Ms. PiffleMaster dresses me in. Do they count?
hehehe.

PS. Go to this site and scroll down to see an example. :-)
http://piffleco.com
Sure
`11 Ram SLT Hemi 4x4
stubblejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #728
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,666
Has anyone started to plan their trips for this season...?

Just going through the bucket list and I think I will start with an early April run to the Lake of Prairies Area, then off to Thunder Bay for the Ice Breaker, followed up by Salt Lake City at the end of May, for the world super bike races. Local rides for July and maybe a rip to Sturgis in August, then off to Thunder Bay for the Northern Ontario Rally in September. If all goes well, end the season with a late run to Elie Min....great steak and beers before the snow sticks.

I plan on wearing all my winter gear into June this year

Who's doing what ?...maybe our paths will cross...
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black SOLD, 2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. SOLD. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #729
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader

Just going through the bucket list and I think I will start with an early April run to the Lake of Prairies Area, then off to Thunder Bay for the Ice Breaker, followed up by Salt Lake City at the end of May, for the world super bike races. Local rides for July and maybe a rip to Sturgis in August, then off to Thunder Bay for the Northern Ontario Rally in September. If all goes well, end the season with a late run to Elie Min....great steak and beers before the snow sticks.

I plan to change diapers, and more diapers, and more diapers. yep, got #3 due (actually, overdue, it was due last week)

but that won't stop some fun. Taking the camper to SD (Custer SP) in July for a week. As for motorbiking...I'll try to make that Spring ride to Neepawa area...otherwise just local, 1-day rides.

EDIT: The NOR in TB is penciled in the calender, but that Eli run sounds like fun too, I think I saw some pics you posted last year.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #730
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 886
Quote:

I've been staring at maps all winter... not sure if any of these will happen, but these are on my list of things to try for:

- South-central Saskatchewan (Qu'Appelle Valley, maybe Moose Jaw)
- A north-ish place, like Thompson or Gillam
- Trail and/or dirt (not sure where, just need more time off-road)
- NW Ontario
- Visit my sister and her family in Victoria (not likely to happen, but would be really cool if it worked out)

I've got the KLR in for some work right now - based on how much it costs I may have some cash left over for some crash bars and other things like luggage, it'll make deciding which trips to do a little easier.
SoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #731
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Not so slo...

- South-central Saskatchewan (Qu'Appelle Valley, maybe Moose Jaw)
^I'm in... Heading East, West, and a couple other directions this year...

- A north-ish place, like Thompson or Gillam
^Been there, done that, in a different time... Going again. When ya wanna go? I'm up for mid March.

- Trail and/or dirt (not sure where, just need more time off-road)
^Not me...

- NW Ontario
^Been there, done that, don't remember a thing. :-) (Years ago except for a quick trip last summer.) But happy to try it again...

- Visit my sister and her family in Victoria (not likely to happen, but would be really cool if it worked out)
^Going that way, happy to travel that way with you in late April, or early May. (have to be in Hay River in Mid/Late May, enroute Inuvik.)

- I've got the KLR in for some work right now - based on how much it costs I may have some cash left over for some crash bars and other things like luggage, it'll make deciding which trips to do a little easier.
^many here can help, know how to do some things on the cheap...
Cheers, PM
Old 02-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #732
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 493
Other then a spring ride around Nepawa, my big plans are a 4500km ride around through BC, found a couple ghost towns and some nice gravel pass roads and forestry service roads along with a couple ferries.

Staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Vernon BC then up to Jasper then Banff then home, anybody is welcome to come if they want link to the ongoing thread here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...6#post12277406
Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #733
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 738
not too much planned

i booked myself in for the CENTRAL ADV RALLY IN WISCONSIN IN AUGUST. sept for the northern ontario rally ,part of the ICEBREAKER in may. end it all with an october run to ELY,MN.

north rider
1987 HONDA XL600V ( TRANSALP )
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #734
Oznay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:

Will do the Moonshine rally again,which is April 10 this year,central Illinois. After that,will meander over to catch the Branson Blitz,for my 5th year in a row,then my annual visit to visit my nephew in prison,down in central Louisiana. Am anxious to get my trusty'92 airhead gs back on the road,am really looking forward to pounding on some miles,it's still gonna be awhile until all our snow disappears.
Oznay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #735
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH RIDER
i booked myself in for the CENTRAL ADV RALLY IN WISCONSIN IN AUGUST. sept for the northern ontario rally ,part of the ICEBREAKER in may. end it all with an october run to ELY,MN.

north rider

Looks like you forgot to include your BMW onto your growing list of bikes
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black SOLD, 2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. SOLD. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote