Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #9601
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
The t mod is supposed to prevent stalling when the bike is in high water, where the line end gets covered. The dual opening the T provides will prevent that. On a stock KLR if you cover the end of this vent line, the bike will idle, but fail to come up on RPM's when the throttle is opened.(stall)
It's gotta be something simple, like the line or as Piffle sez the diaphragm
The .020" washer under the needle will smarten up the bike, and is not a significant change in carburetion to cause it not to run.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #9602
calan818
All squint eyed&confused

Oddometer: 1,183
BobMunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ View Post
Just been a combination of sick and busy, been a crazy few months, bought a house that I get in August, thinking I'm going to be hosting a tech day, the house has a workshop and garage both. On top of that I'm also getting married now.
It's good to have the founding father of this thread back on it! Trevor started this thread 06-06-2009 (4 years ago), and it's still going strong.
calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #9603
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,524
Had the opportunity to sit at the picnic table in front of the grocery store in La Salle yesterday evening for about 10 minutes.

New Husqvarna 650 Terra passed by one way. Then a nice looking ST1300 the other way.

That's more bikes than I've seen in La Salle all this year.
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #9604
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
It's good to have the founding father of this thread back on it! Trevor started this thread 06-06-2009 (4 years ago), and it's still going strong.
I'm just glad to see that the following has stayed strong and even grown, there are a few people I will need to meet now too, a few names on here I know are new since I disappeared.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #9605
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,576
lotsa bikes out on the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
Had the opportunity to sit at the picnic table in front of the grocery store in La Salle yesterday evening for about 10 minutes.

New Husqvarna 650 Terra passed by one way. Then a nice looking ST1300 the other way.

That's more bikes than I've seen in La Salle all this year.

Les, I was out to Killarney (nice country!) Saturday on the Gold Wing, and looped back thru Morden & Carman on the way back - I saw lots of bikes on the road, and it was blowing a gale too. LaSalle is (literally) on the road less travelled (not a bad thing).
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #9606
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ View Post
Got hail downtown but not bad enough to damage the cars. Was there and then gone in no time. Sadly I can't ride, did the .22 cent mod and cleaned the whole carb, now I can't make it run properly, thinking I need to reject now, fuel air mix is all wrong and wants to stall out as soon as I touch the throttle.
As Piffle said, your diaphragm isn't seated properly...I did the same thing when I did my 09 and it would run but bog and almost stall when you gave it gas. Took the carb apart again and saw that it wasn't fully seated. Used the Vaseline and got it sitting properly and problem solved. Good luck!
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death

Lappeman screwed with this post 06-12-2013 at 09:25 AM
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #9607
Mark-II
Turn The Gas On

Oddometer: 328
I'm supposed to be going to Cavalier ND this saturday with a few friends for the rally down there. Predictably there is rain in the forecast.

Annoyingly I seem to have lost my as-yet-untested-in-the-wet gaiters, and will have to buy another pair tonight.

I was fortunate Monday pm to be coming north from Morris in a pocket of sunshine between the storm to the north and the one to the south. One fat drop of rain (or something...) hit my visor and that was it.
Mark-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #9608
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
I started putting together a ride report from our week in Black Hills:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=21606045

Great job on the RR Les....can't wait to get back there for some more off road exploring and of course a few more rides on Iron Mountain, Needles, Vanocker Canyon, etc. Mid September will be hoping to get a few adv buds together for a week of more Black Hills enjoyment.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #9609
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Got a big wave from a silver Versys eastbound on south Perimeter this evening about 9:30. Anyone here? I was westbound KLR.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #9610
Mark-II
Turn The Gas On

June 18th noon-8 Suzuki demo days.

I'm not in the market, but I still want to go test a V-strom and anything else even remotely comfy.

Honda demos are next week too: 20th at Westside, 21st at Bills Cycle, 22nd at WSL.

And now the weather for saturday seems to be shaping up. Hopefully won't need the rain suit after all!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #9611
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
June 18th noon-8 Suzuki demo days.

I'm not in the market, but I still want to go test a V-strom and anything else even remotely comfy.

Honda demos are next week too: 20th at Westside, 21st at Bills Cycle, 22nd at WSL.

And now the weather for saturday seems to be shaping up. Hopefully won't need the rain suit after all!
Hmmph. All cleverly scheduled for days I can't attend.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #9612
Mark-II
Turn The Gas On

yeah, it often sucks that way. I end up having to take time off work (still have some banked time to use)

I think HD demos are coming up too, but I kinda rode the crap out of their lineup last year to the point that I probably don't dare show up at Winnipeg HD again (especially on a new BMW).

Might go to Lone Star though
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #9613
speedracer
The Lucky One

Oddometer: 176
Riding boots on sale

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't been out much but I've been getting my son and I ready for a trip with his Scouts Troop in July to Alberta for a couple of weeks.

Thought you guys and gals might like to know that this Saturday they are blowing out all their motorcycle boots at the Work Boot Factory Outlet at 1500 Regent. I bought a pair from them earlier this year and they've been great.

Keep posting those upcoming rides. I'll get out on one eventually.

Kyle
Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #9614
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Red/black Gen II KLR, Hi Vis jacket, white modular helmet with face flipped up, turning eastbound onto Broadway this evening about 5:30 PM. Was that you Jing?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #9615
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,576
Motorcycle lift

For those who don't already have one... in todays Canadian Tire flyer is a Powerbuilt brand "special purchase" 4000 lb combo car/mc lift for $99. Just bought it and used it on the KLR rig - nice piece of kit!