Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #9646
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyswoman View Post
I don't know where you saw that mosquito, I know we saw quite a few bugs down near Kenora...I got a nasty bite at my left maxilla/mandible joint, and now my entire face has broken out in hives...it ain't pretty...nor is it fun :-(
That sucks... I hope you're okay!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #9647
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
While the girls were out camping at Rushing River, 2Whlr and I got the KLR's a little dirty on the pipeline/powerline trail. Dave was exploring the limits of his KLR on the rough parts. Here Dave is about to kick out some rocks on the hill before him! It was only a 500 meter swamp that turned us back. It was spirited and technical riding that was great fun! Thanks Dave!

That's a great pic!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #9648
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,569
Quote:
While the girls were out camping at Rushing River, 2Whlr and I got the KLR's a little dirty on the pipeline/powerline trail. Dave was exploring the limits of his KLR on the rough parts. Here Dave is about to kick out some rocks on the hill before him! It was only a 500 meter swamp that turned us back. It was spirited and technical riding that was great fun! Thanks Dave!

Looks like the shit we have done before... Over the hill, through the swamp and repeat!!! Good stuff!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #9649
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 629
Quote:

Looks awesome !! Was it the super ten or the klr for Carl?
Old 06-17-2013, 04:32 AM   #9650
2whlrider
Where to next?

Oddometer: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark96 View Post
Looks awesome !! Was it the super ten or the klr for Carl?
Carl was on his KLR. It was a fun ride for sure.
Nice photo Carl.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #9651
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSlow View Post
That sucks... I hope you're okay!
I'm fine, just spotty and WHINEY...LOL

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...B7MsmZi3RGt4c2
Whyswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #9652
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,569
Just moving this forward, for anyone who is looking for something to do on the July Long...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #9653
Mark-II
Turn The Gas On

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
This BMW was spotted alone sitting amongst a 1000 plus HD's at Cavalier ND today... It might be MarkII's.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Yay! That's me My friend's Roadking is next to it. The other 2 guys had to park elsewhere (Heritage, Sportster).

Was the other GS yours, Greg? I didn't get a close look at it.

I was just walking past mine when this bright lad points it out to his girlfriend and says how he wants a GS some day. Felt a bit of pride there.

Definitely a fun event to go to. The burn outs were amusing. The announcer has to get her finger out next time and stop telling us "...In about 5 minutes..." every 10 minutes for an hour before the event actually starts, though
Mark-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #9654
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 485
So it seems I'm still having carb issues, I've reseated the diaphragm to no avail and now I'm wondering if I messed up my hoses when I reconnected them, the fuel line from the petcock goes to the lower of the two black swivel nipples and the clear line comming of the tank goes to the upper right? Because if that's all correct then I'm wondering if my petcock is messed up resulting in the bogging down when I throttle up.

EDIT: so I checked the petcock, no issues there checked all hoses, they are in the right spot and I pulled the shim from the needle and made sure the diaphragm spring stop isn't blocking the vent hole, I have vac on the vac line, bike starts an idles fine but still bogs on throttle up, revving it to 5-6k it runs but pops every now and then, I'm running premium gas, pulled the muffler and also tried it back on while blocking the exhaust to see if more back pressure would help. Now I'm at a loss, I have tried everything short of pulling the carb and tearing it down again.

BOBMUNZ screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 02:46 PM
BOBMUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #9655
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBMUNZ View Post
So it seems I'm still having carb issues, I've reseated the diaphragm to no avail and now I'm wondering if I messed up my hoses when I reconnected them, the fuel line from the petcock goes to the lower of the two black swivel nipples and the clear line comming of the tank goes to the upper right? Because if that's all correct then I'm wondering if my petcock is messed up resulting in the bogging down when I throttle up.

EDIT: so I checked the petcock, no issues there checked all hoses, they are in the right spot and I pulled the shim from the needle and made sure the diaphragm spring stop isn't blocking the vent hole, I have vac on the vac line, bike starts an idles fine but still bogs on throttle up, revving it to 5-6k it runs but pops every now and then, I'm running premium gas, pulled the muffler and also tried it back on while blocking the exhaust to see if more back pressure would help. Now I'm at a loss, I have tried everything short of pulling the carb and tearing it down again.
Bob, I'm in the middle of working on my KLR as I just swapped out the engine for a fresh one ('08 bottom end, '96 cylinder/new 685 kit,and an '06 cylinder head... self ported). Bit of a Franken engine. Am not quite ready to fire it up just yet. I have a spare '08 carb I bought off eBay... and a factory service manual. When I pulled the carb off my bike I wasn't thinking and cracked the plastic nut the choke cable slips into. Supposedly this causes erratic running. An Arctic Cat P/N is exact fit, and you can buy billet aluminum (with pretty anodizing :^) for about $20. Check that and see if you accidentally cracked or broke it. Hope this helps.

Daryl
Old 06-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #9656
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

That seems like the kind of rookie mistake I'd make, thanks ill look into it.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #9657
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
Whiteshell ride in today

Got a nice ride in today thru the Whiteshell from Seven Sisters to West Hawk. Saw 5 deer along the way, and just north of Red Rock Lake we came upon a bunch of guys with a tow truck trying to pull an upside down semi submerged car out of the water - we stopped for a quick chat... turns out they'd been spooked by a big wolf that ran across the road right in front of them, and they wound up in the lake! Nobody hurt or drowned, but quite something to see! Nice to see wildlife, but not when it winds up like that. A pic of Ilsa-the-she-wolf happy in the sidecar... she so prefers this ride over the KLR :^(

Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #9658
Mark-II
Turn The Gas On

Oddometer: 328
The weekend trip makes me realize that if I could find a workable set of highway pegs, my life might be better.

I was pondering a crash bar as a prerequisite for this, until google told me about these

http://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorc...=19-600&pID=51

With the way my legs do and don't bend, they might even work better than crash bar mounted ones (and be less spendy over all). I'll have to try to visualize it the next time I sit on the bike and try to get a feel for how they'd work.

Otherwise I was looking at the Motech crash bars, as they do not block access to the valve covers
Mark-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #9659
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,340
Followed somebody up Pembina past Wildwood yesterday in full BMW garb, on a nice RT with helmet cam and aft facing trunk cam. About 4:00 I think. Quite the show.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #9660
BOBMUNZ OP
In jail for a while.

Went to the Suzuki demo ride, tried a bunch of stuff the gsx1250se is really nice and practical, and the gsx1000 goes like a stuck pig, but what put the biggest smile on my face was the M109R. When you put the power on in first and second gear the whole bike lifts a couple of inches and takes off, the amount of torque that thing has is absurd. Sadly I can't justify that bike as its only purpose is cruising around town.