ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
scorch OP
Poser

Oddometer: 3,352
Berkleys springs

Xsquiggy, Dana(xsquiggys brother) and I did about 400-450 miles today.

After you guys left, I found some awesome roads north west of Berkley Springs. I can upload you the mapsource file if you want xsquiggy. The roads had hairpin turns and were twisty as heck. Its always nice finding new roads.

After leaving you guys, i made the left onto 522, and 1-2 miles down the road, I got a flat tire! My rear was about due anyway. But I rode back to the shop, and they had closed. But they hooked me up, the mechanics stayed a bit longer and installed my tire. It was cool. Definatly good prices and good people over there. The shops around here would just turn you away.
Attached Images

scorch screwed with this post 07-17-2004 at 05:27 PM
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
scorch OP
Poser

Oddometer: 3,352
here is the route.

We got to go back and explore that area.

Anyone know the area north east of berkley springs well?
Attached Images

scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:16 AM   #3
storymitchell
Member of the proletariat

Oddometer: 1,242
Heading to Berkeley Springs from Winchester via RT 522, a nice side trip is to turn left on RT 127, right on RT 29, and right onto RT 9. A further variation from that (once you are on RT 127) is to turn left onto Smokey Hollow Rd, turn right onto Smokey Hollow Rd (this is not a typo - there is a poorly labeled intersection where to stay on Smokey Hollow you have to turn right), turn right onto RT 50, turn right onto Edwards Run Rd (though Mapquest has the road as Coldstream Rd), turn right on Twin Flower Lane and then immediately left onto Croston North River Rd. Get it right and you'll hit RT 29 where it heads North. Miss a turn and you'll need to turn right on RT 29 get back onto it where it heads North towards Berkeley Springs.

Only caution - the locals know these roads fairly well, and flat out haul ass. Stay well over on your side of the road on any turn you can't see through.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
storymitchell is offline   Reply With Quote