ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,222
Pleasant Surprise - Adventure Rider in the Family

My wife's side of the family scheduled a North Georgia family reunion, primarily around a cousin's passing through Atlanta from New York. I remember meeting the cousin a few times at family reunions in the past - nice guy. He's in his mid 60's and lives in New York City. A few years ago he was an incredible host to my wife and her sisters on a visit to New York. The original story I heard was that he was passing though with a group of riding buddies going to Florida. What comes to mind when you hear that? I assumed a group of maturing guys riding Harley's or cruisers going on a leisurely cruise.

I thought even though,they probably do a different kind of riding, I'll track him down and give him a call, and offer to show them around North Georgia on motorcycles while they were here. So, when I call him, the real story is this: For the past month and a half, he's been riding SOLO all around the country following Blues music festivals, awards events, and visiting famous and completely out of the way hole in the wall Blues clubs and visiting friends. So now, he's piquing my interest, big time! "What kiind of bike do you ride Jamie?" I asked, and waited with anticipation. "A BMW GS." he answered. Heck yeah! I thought - I've found a real Adventure Rider in the family. Jamie grew up in his early years in Atlanta, but never really motorcycled the roads here. When I asked him if he wanted me to show him around, he was all over it. We had a great day in the North Georgia Mountains. He is a very good rider, with quite a riding history by the way and an all around great guy.

Jamie is not really familiar with this site, so he is writing his own blog about the trip. Cool stuff: http://twowheeledblues.blogspot.com/

I'll point him to this thread, so if you don't mind let him know what you think. Maybe he will re post it in the Ride reports section in the future.
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,700
nice to see y'all the other day and glad you stopped by (even if an unplanned vist )
Old 06-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
mikem9 OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,222
Bobby - it was great to meet you guys also. Great service and we enjoyed swapping adventure and racing stories at your place! Unsolicitied plug for BMW Atlanta: http://www.bmwma.com/

mikem9 screwed with this post 06-13-2009 at 01:22 PM
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
NC HILLBILLY
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,066
Super cool. Glad your motorcycle family has expanded.......Mark

Current Stable:

2007 DR 650 (For The Rougher Stuff In Life)
2009 DL 1000 (For Those Laid Back Days)

Bygone Days:

69 Honda 50-----72 Suz 90
74 DT 250-------78 TT 500
80 KZ 650-------87 KLR 650
88 NX 250-------99 DR 650
03 DRZ----------04 SXC 625
06 950 ADV----- 99 DR 200
NC HILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote