Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
Singletrack_mind
Cave Man

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius
Last One...
Sorry to deviate from topic, but could you identify those cases for me please?
Singletrack_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack_mind
BMW expandable - the "original cases". I decided against those and to go with the Adventure cases (the ones for the F800GS, not the Holan mount with R12 cases).
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
Lindeberg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Thanks for the pics. The breathable looks better on the yellow F800GS, but itīs more important with function, so I will probably go for the grey high touring seat.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
Dr. Zaius
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack_mind
BMW Vario Cases.
Dr. Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
GrommettAZ OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Seat recess

Can you share a little info on the "recess" that touratech refers to in their description? Does it really help? My biggext issue is that the stock seat puts a pressure point right on my tailbone. Thanks.
GrommettAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #21
Lindeberg
Adventurer

A couple of days ago I bought Touratech Touring seat. I was in Germany and asked them which one was the best to go for comfort. My german is not the best, neither is the germans english, but as I understood even the breathable was good for long distance touring too. I tried them both on a F650GS and the touring one felt a little more comfortable when just sitting (not driving) on the bike. It was something with the foam that felt more comfortable.

I will mount it later today, and after that take som photos and try it for a couple of miles.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #22
Steffo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindeberg
A couple of days ago I bought Touratech Touring seat. I was in Germany and asked them which one was the best to go for comfort. My german is not the best, neither is the germans english, but as I understood even the breathable was good for long distance touring too. I tried them both on a F650GS and the touring one felt a little more comfortable when just sitting (not driving) on the bike. It was something with the foam that felt more comfortable.

I will mount it later today, and after that take som photos and try it for a couple of miles.
Can you please take a picture from the side of the bike while at it?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:58 AM   #23
Cornbread82
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 374
A side shot of the TT Low that is on the wife's 650, she loves it the longest day was 600 mile. We just did 2870 mile last week and she loved it.
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #24
Lindeberg
Adventurer

So here is my Touratech comfort/touring seat, the high version

I have only tested it for a couple of km:s, will ride further tomorrow. I like the extra hight, now the tubulence at the bottom of my helmet is reduced. Probably donīt have to buy a lower screen
Old 07-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #25
Steffo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindeberg
So here is my Touratech comfort/touring seat, the high version

I have only tested it for a couple of km:s, will ride further tomorrow. I like the extra hight, now the tubulence at the bottom of my helmet is reduced. Probably donīt have to buy a lower screen
Looking really good. Too bad Touratech knows how to charge loads for their stuff.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #26
Bobo1167
On a different frequency

Oddometer: 269
Mine is a Touratech "touring low"

which I needed for more confidence in reaching the ground. my 30" inseam wasn't getting any longer trying to strech down from the stock seat.

Yes the TT is wildly expensive, in comparison, but they use the oem pan, so ya gotta pay for that too. And you have two complete seats. Also I was able to get it, "right now". TT USA is just down the street, I went by there during lunch one day, test sat, and left happy, but poor.

Cut-out for the tailbone is deceptive. In pictures the seat fabric is streched tightly front to back. There's nothing but air under most of it, the "padding" is cut pretty much to be flat where ya sit. I think it's no worse than a good custom, gel pad equpped Rich's seat. The sliding forward thing is mostly solved, but I need to wear my riding pants with padding and a leather butt piece to be really comfortable. In jeans alone, this seat can be hot and pinches. That's knida a good problem.

I've stained the passenger section fabric by carrying an Ortleib bag and not keeping the dust cleaned out regularly. I don't care, I think the seat color, fabric, giant TT logos all look weak anyway. In the winter I'll take the whole thing to a customizer and have them change the fabric to something the looks right to me.

Mostly this seat solved my short legs problem. the sidestand is now easy to manipulate 'cause I can lean safely to the right.

Given long legs, I'd get anybodies FLAT, gel padded, custom seat. If i remeber I'll try to get pics.

bobo
Bobo1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #27
Lindeberg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Looking really good. Too bad Touratech knows how to charge loads for their stuff.
Thatīs right. I bought it in Germany. Compared to the Swedish TT reseller the price was approx 30% lower, 335€ (467$).
Old 07-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #28
Lindeberg
Adventurer

Now Iīve tested it for approx 150 kms. I still have that feeling in my ass that Iīve been on an motorcycle for some hours, but I donīt think that I will be without that feeling.

So the seat padding comfort is a bit better (for me) than the original seat, but the extra hight makes the helmet turbulence to a mimimun (for me). Plus, the extra height makes the nut-cracker-slope smaller, so I am not crushing my nuts anymore
Old 07-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #29
rous44
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,296
Comarison of Touratech vs. Sargents seats

Had the good fortune of putting in some seat time on both of these seats.
Opinions on seats are purely subjective, as your ass may vary.
Rating the two seats on a numerical scale of one to ten; I would rate the Touratech seat as a 9 and the Sargents as a 7; the stock seat being a 4.
Have about 800 miles on the Touratech and about 200 miles on the Sargent. The Touratech sits higher by about an 11/2", and is easier to move around on. The Sargents tends to capture you in the "bucket" and limit movement to a degree. In situations where you need to put your feet down, the ridges in the seat foam may irritate your thighs.
The Touratech belongs to a friend and I just used it for a trip while waiting for my Sargents to be delivered. Ultimately, I think I will be happy with my purchase, considering the price and improvement over the stock seat.

"picking up hookers, instead of a pen, the words of my youth slipped away" Waylon Jennings

MX '06 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176637

MX '07
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278826
rous44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #30
Dr. Zaius
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
I have done a couple of 300 mile days on the TT Touring and it is working out great. I have a couple of 14 hour day rides next week that will put it to the test.

So far so good!
Dr. Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote