Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #46
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,297
Mr. Ed's Moto seats. In Albany Oregon. Did my 800 seat. It's perfect. He can do mail order
Old 08-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #47
DolphinJohn
Really, Really Cool

Oddometer: 3,703
Getting ready to spend the next 3 weeks on my TT touring high seat, the majority will be off-road. (TAT)

I will give a full report when I return, or possibly sooner if one of my friends lets me use their iphone.

My Ride Reports
DolphinJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #48
DolphinJohn
Really, Really Cool

The seat was great (Touratech Touring High). I was doing 10 hour days every day for 15 days and had only the normal late-day discomfort occasionally. No pain like with the stock seat after just a few hours.
Well worth the price for me. I also really like the look of the seat on the bike.
I wasn't too excited about the grey color at first but it has grown on me.
The profile of the bike is changed considerably with the high seat. I really like it.

My Ride Reports
Old 10-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #49
Aether
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
I have a stock standard height seat which is just about as far as I'd consider going height-wise. When I come to a stop, let's just say that I suffer the wrath of the nutcracker. It sounds like from what I'm reading, the Touratech standard height is actually higher, so I may need to consider their low model if I'm going to go with one of their seats. Can anyone (male) with the low touring seat comment on whether it similarly punishes the nuts?
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #50
Zacharia_11
11th Assassin

Oddometer: 248
Update?

Many of you have had this seat for some time now. I am interested in feedback on this seat for those of you who have had it for awhile. Are you looking for another seat - or is this your seat? Also thought a bump of the thread might get some more feedback or new reviews of the seat.

I am 6' 2", 34" inseam

Touratech High is on my short list. I'm looking for a seat that looks good on the bike, provides a comfortable sitting position, and firm - supportive seat foam (...mmm Corbin...)

Pros
  • I like the idea of extra height and more distance between seat and pegs.
  • Seat stays true to original lines, looks like it fits the bike.
  • Not many negative reviews.
Cons
  • Not many reviews.
  • Not a fan of the Grey Seat Covering.
  • EDIT: Touratech pricing :)

2013 Honda CB500X

Zacharia_11 screwed with this post 05-09-2010 at 09:22 AM
Zacharia_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #51
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
Give the tall 1 a shot! i'm very happy with mine, its not perfect but wayyyy better than stock the high is better for the knees, the shape is what the bike needs if you ride offroad at all, and the foam is a good compromise in mho. I couldn't ride the stocker with out discomfort for more than an hour, if i get uncomfy on the tt i stand for a min and sitback down and all is well,never could do that with the stocker.
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #52
DolphinJohn
Really, Really Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry
Give the tall 1 a shot! i'm very happy with mine, its not perfect but wayyyy better than stock the high is better for the knees, the shape is what the bike needs if you ride offroad at all, and the foam is a good compromise in mho. I couldn't ride the stocker with out discomfort for more than an hour, if i get uncomfy on the tt i stand for a min and sitback down and all is well,never could do that with the stocker.

What he said.

I like mine a lot.

My Ride Reports
Old 05-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #53
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
I have the Touratech breathable standard height. I really like it. Very comfortable and easy to shift around on it if you want. It was a bunch of money but I am very pleased. oclv
oclv454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #54
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,837
i have the touratech standard and am very pleased with it
IBA #42016

my ride reports

lakota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #55
blender
Just another rider

Oddometer: 726
I too have the TT standard height. The standard height feels to me a bit higher than the stocker, not sure if I'd want the tall version. On the stock seat I was able to almost flat-foot the bike. On the TT seat I'm up on the balls of my foot. Not a big deal in my book.

As to comfort it's an improvement over stock. It's not a radical improvement, but it is an improvement. I've done several 200 mile rides without the pain the stocker inflicted. I haven't done a 400 mile day yet so can't address all-day comfort.

It seemed the seat needed several hundred miles to break in. The first miles on it I thought I'd made a mistake.

Was it worth the $525 price? I'd say yes.

blender screwed with this post 05-11-2010 at 06:18 PM
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #56
mesopotamia
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
In case some of you think that there is a diffrence in comfort between the TT touring seat and the breathable seat, I just want to let you know that I've talked to the TT guys in Germany yesterday and they confirmed that the foam of those 2 seats is exacly the same. The only difference is the cover material (the breathable has goretex and the color /texture is different).
mesopotamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #57
jodyz121
Mostly Harmless . . .

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by blender
I too have the TT standard height. The standard height feels to me a bit higher than the stocker, not sure if I'd want the tall version. On the stock seat I was able to almost flat-foot the bike. On the TT seat I'm up on the balls of my foot. Not a big deal in my book.

As to comfort it's an improvement over stock. It's not a radical improvement, but it is an improvement. I've done several 200 mile rides with the pain the stocker inflicted. I haven't done a 400 mile day yet so can't address all-day comfort.

It seemed the seat needed several hundred miles to break in. The first miles on it I thought I'd made a mistake.

Was it worth the $525 price? I'd say yes.
My experience has been exactly the same (except I can do the 200 miles without the pain). Thanks for typing it for me!
jodyz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #58
Multiducrider
SC Adv rider

Oddometer: 51
Touratech Seats

I have tried both of the TT seats and I prefer the tall grey vinyl one the best. Both are a huge improvemnet over the stock standard height seat. i first ordered the Black breathable one due to it matching the bike, but when i received it and sat on it for a while with my bmw gortex riding pants I noticed that i kept sliding forward under braking. The gortex seat and gortex pants are not a good fit. the other thing that i noticed was the only part of the breathable touring seat that gives is the very front portion which you will see in the photos. Both seats are the exact same shape and foam. the seat pan is the same as the factory BMW also in the photos. the grey vinyl seat is seems to be more comfortable due to the cover giving more and the seams being below the legs pressure area. it looks lighter in the photos due to the flash but it is darker in real light and looks awesome with the white GS IMO! Stay turn for an update with the Renazco Seat!!! i have one on order and have had 3 in the past which is why i order another. It won't be here till the 1st of June. i hope the pics are not too big.

Stock seat height

TT tall seat height
Multiducrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #59
blender
Just another rider

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyz121
My experience has been exactly the same (except I can do the 200 miles without the pain). Thanks for typing it for me!
Ouch! Altho not literally! That was a typo on my part (I'll try and correct the post). A 200+ mile ride really is no problem with the TT seat these days.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #60
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
I have the standard touring seat coming. Will report when it arrives.
dsrydr is offline   Reply With Quote