Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #61
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Seat came today. It's a keeper! I have had a Sargent, Rick Mayer, Air Hawk, Alaska leather sheepskin ( Keeper as well ). This is the first seat that has done any good for me at all.

The seat ( standard touring ) Is wider and flat where you sit. I guess the stock seat is the same width if you slide back but it's like sitting on a ramp. The quality/density of the foam is better, the cover is better quality and the shape is right. This is the seat that should come stock on the bike in the first place!!

You do ride a little higher but it feels right. No sliding when stopping or accelerating at all.

I will report back after a longer ride (an hour maybe hour and a half today) but I can already tell this is the seat for me, period!

It's a shame I had to ride for a year and a half and spend $$$$$$$ to find a good seat. It's almost like having a new bike again!
dsrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #62
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,880
Thumb

Thanks guys, just ordered mine today (*breathable* Standard) plus a bunch of other stuff, I only hope the shipping makes it to Mexico within 2010. With the Euro at an all-time low of u$1.24us per E1.00 Touratech's pricing has largely improved as opposed to a few months ago when I was drooling at some of the accessories with a u$1.60 Euro exchange

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #63
jwolfk
SCruz ADV

Oddometer: 10
Eh?

I'm between the Touratech standard and high, I have a 32" inseam, so I'm not sure if the high will too much? Any advice would be appreciated.
jwolfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #64
RamblerTim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfk
I'm between the Touratech standard and high, I have a 32" inseam, so I'm not sure if the high will too much? Any advice would be appreciated.
I have a 30th anniversary model as well & I got standard breathable. I also have 32" inseam. With the Touratech standard I can't put both feet flat on the ground at the same time, I'm on the balls of my feet with both feet down. One foot down no problem getting my foot flat all the way on the ground.

High will most likely be too tall, depending on what you are wanting.
RamblerTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #65
jwolfk
SCruz ADV

Thumb

Thanks! Thats what I needed to know.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #66
L0rdBuD
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I just order my Touring High at Touratech.

Let you know when I got it.

For information, I'm 1m86

10 F800GS

06 R1200GSA (+- 50.000Km)
95 Transalp (+- 70.000Km)
92 CR 250
90 KDX 200

gs@lordbud.be
L0rdBuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #67
nat_han
2 Wheelers By Choice.. =]

Oddometer: 201
has anyone tried the Touratech "Touring" Low Seat for the F800gs?

how is the seat height and comfort compared to the OEM low seat?
thanks for any help/pictures of the seat on your bike that is rendered..
nat_han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #68
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_han

there are pictures and testamonials on the TT low seat further back in this thread.

It's 1000 times more comfortable then the oem low in my opinnion, and the same height.
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #69
Downer
Downer

Oddometer: 210
Tried the Touratech Low

I ordered the bike with the Low Seat option. Decided to upgrade the seat to the Touratech Low and went to the closest dealer. Sat on it for about 10 seconds and decided the shape was not for me. I went with the standard height. I have been happy with the comfort side of it but not real happy with the stretch to the ground. I have scheduled an appt to get the Hyperpro lowered suspension. Probably the wrong approach for most but I don't need to clearance for off road and spend enough time in the seat that the added comfort was a tradeoff I was willing to make. Sorry if this complicates the situation but I thought you should know that the issue for some might be more then the height of the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_han

Downer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #70
nat_han
2 Wheelers By Choice.. =]

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelWisman
there are pictures and testamonials on the TT low seat further back in this thread.

It's 1000 times more comfortable then the oem low in my opinnion, and the same height.
thanks! will click back a couple of pages to search for those pictures, and reviews if there is any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downer
I ordered the bike with the Low Seat option. Decided to upgrade the seat to the Touratech Low and went to the closest dealer. Sat on it for about 10 seconds and decided the shape was not for me. I went with the standard height. I have been happy with the comfort side of it but not real happy with the stretch to the ground. I have scheduled an appt to get the Hyperpro lowered suspension. Probably the wrong approach for most but I don't need to clearance for off road and spend enough time in the seat that the added comfort was a tradeoff I was willing to make. Sorry if this complicates the situation but I thought you should know that the issue for some might be more then the height of the seat.
oh no... you've just complicated the matter for sure!
but thanks for the honesty. i'm almost in the same situation as you. hardly go offroad, even if i do, it's those mild terrain- small rocks/gravel/patches of sand/mini potholes... and the high clearance isnt of much use to me, that i am not willing to sacrifice.

you mentioned the shape of the TT low seat... hmmm.. looks like i have to order and test it out before i know if it fits me.. BTW, i've a small butt... i'm only 1.69m, 57kg!
nat_han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #71
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Many dealers stock these seats and are happy to let you test ride them on your or our bike. I know we do the above and have Seargents, TT low touring, BMW ralley, BMW low, BMW normal, and one other that escapes me.

Call your local dealer.
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #72
cobblecrazy
'09 F800GS

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfk
I have a 31" inseam, and I purchased the Touratech high (breathable) several months ago. I'm on the balls of my feet, but I don't feel uncomfortable in the positioning (I also have a 12GSA w/standard seat). It was a little stiff when I first got it, but it seems to be "molding" to me and is getting more comfortable.

Unfortunately I was not able to try out the "standard" one to see how it felt. When I originally called to ask some questions I discovered they have some "Demo" seats they can send to you to try, but the did not have a demo of the breathable/high so I had to purchase on faith...and I was not dissapointed.
cobblecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:54 AM   #73
RamblerTim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Cool2

I got the Touratech breathable & did about 800 miles over this past weekend, here is my review.

Much better than stock. With the stock I got sore spots in the upper inner thigh/groin area. I started feeling I wanted to take a break after 40 miles.

I can go for 100 miles on the Touratech breathable without a break but after a couple of long days, on the 2nd day I was wanting a break after 60 miles.

I do get sore spots from the Touratech breathable. The spots that get sore are where my leg bones join my butt, on each side. Then when I get off after a long ride the base of my spine is sore too.
However it is better than the stock & I can deal with it. I have been thinking that maybe I should have got the Corbin or big Sargent.

When I wear my nylon riding pants with the seat I am able to slide backward & forward very easily. I like this because it makes it easy to adjust.

I have ordered the alaska butt pad that I will put on top of the touratech breathable & I am hoping this will be the finishing touch & will lessen the sore spots I get on the touratech.
RamblerTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #74
jwolfk
SCruz ADV

Thumb

Thanks for the update RT, I'm holding off on the TT for a few days, I live about 45 minutes from the Corbin factory and am thinking of driving in tomorrow and just seeing if they can do something custom(not like the cruiser looking one on their site). Maybe they can even match the color and design of the original. If not I'm going to go with the TT, but if Corbin can do something I'll post some pics and review.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #75
CORider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Laugh Corbin...

I have a Corbin and can ride ALL day, was thinking about TT breathable because it looks better. Maybe I should forget about the look and stick with the comfort... at least my butt will be happy!
CORider is offline   Reply With Quote