User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #76
GrommettAZ OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
follow up after 1 year....

It's good...not great. Seat is not really dished out so as your butt sinks in it still pushes up into the taint (6'3" 210lbs). I am thinking about doing a Renazco.
GrommettAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #77
Big Duke 6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Not Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelWisman
Many dealers stock these seats and are happy to let you test ride them on your or our bike. I know we do the above and have Seargents, TT low touring, BMW ralley, BMW low, BMW normal, and one other that escapes me.

Call your local dealer.
Boy your dealership really seems to have there act together. Out here you have to find a product your interested in, look for the dealer, realize that the dealer is the one you were in that afternoon, call and ask so they can tell you "yea we can get that it's special order" I'm now in the market for a seat and it would be great to have those try options!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Duke 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #78
Big Duke 6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Just did the 50mm/2inch lowering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downer
I ordered the bike with the Low Seat option. Decided to upgrade the seat to the Touratech Low and went to the closest dealer. Sat on it for about 10 seconds and decided the shape was not for me. I went with the standard height. I have been happy with the comfort side of it but not real happy with the stretch to the ground. I have scheduled an appt to get the Hyperpro lowered suspension. Probably the wrong approach for most but I don't need to clearance for off road and spend enough time in the seat that the added comfort was a tradeoff I was willing to make. Sorry if this complicates the situation but I thought you should know that the issue for some might be more then the height of the seat.
I just did the lowering-I haven't figured out how to the thread link-up yet but you can find it easy- so far so good!
Big Duke 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #79
jwolfk
SCruz ADV

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORider
I have a Corbin and can ride ALL day, was thinking about TT breathable because it looks better. Maybe I should forget about the look and stick with the comfort... at least my butt will be happy!
I checked with corbin and they can do some mods, but can't really get to where I want with the enduro style seat, plus I'm not real crazy about the idea of a steel pan.

The TT seats look good, extremely high priced, the reviews are 50/50 and they won't do any mods or changes. They're not really a seat maker, they just slap their name on it and charge a small phenominal fee.

The Renazco looks great and has great reviews(all 2 of them), but I think a lot of that might be a little hype, because so few people have them. Plus, I'm not willing to send my seat off and wait.

Sargent is sending me some samples which I should have this weekend for their 'enduro' seat. I have the 30 year anniv. model with the red seat and I kind of want to keep it red, so far, Sargent seems very accomodating to the idea.

If I like the materials that Sargent sends, I'll place the order and post the pic and review when I get it.
jwolfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #80
L0rdBuD
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hello,

For information I received my touratech high touring seat. I was very disapointed as it was harder than the stock one.

I first thought it was a personal bad feeling but after a ride with friends, they all agree it was harder than the stock one.

I returned the seat to Touratech and re-installed the stock one.

Bud.

10 F800GS

06 R1200GSA (+- 50.000Km)
95 Transalp (+- 70.000Km)
92 CR 250
90 KDX 200

gs@lordbud.be
L0rdBuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #81
DolphinJohn
Really, Really Cool

Oddometer: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0rdBuD
Hello,

For information I received my touratech high touring seat. I was very disapointed as it was harder than the stock one.

I first thought it was a personal bad feeling but after a ride with friends, they all agree it was harder than the stock one.

I returned the seat to Touratech and re-installed the stock one.

Bud.

Harder does not necessarily mean worse. Did you ride it for a while?

I find mine to be a whole lot better for extended rides vs. the stock seat.

To each his own I suppose.

My Ride Reports
DolphinJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #82
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinJohn

some people just won't be happy till they get their lazy boys bolted on there!
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #83
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry
some people just won't be happy till they get their lazy boys bolted on there!
The sensative bottom type I can deal with, it's the "not happy untill they have a windshield bigger then Texas" types that drive me nuts.

I've hidden my true feelings so far, but one of these days I'm going to give one of them directions to the local Toyota dealer, cause what they need is a car lol
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #84
L0rdBuD
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinJohn

I tested it for 250Km of highway and around 200km on small roads.
After only 30km I felt uncomfortable as the stock seat give me a small 100Km.

Anyway, like I said, it is a personal feeling. I'm pretty sure the seat will be perfect for almost everybody.

Just keeping my tears for me, alone.

10 F800GS

06 R1200GSA (+- 50.000Km)
95 Transalp (+- 70.000Km)
92 CR 250
90 KDX 200

gs@lordbud.be
L0rdBuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #85
OverlandHank
Loves to Farkel

Oddometer: 59
My TT Standard Touring seat arrived yesterday and... I really like it so far! I was concerned by the mixed reviews and haven't had a chance to do a long ride yet, but I have to say it feels 200% better riding around on it last night. Very happy (so far).
OverlandHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #86
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,865
I purchased the TT standard for my 650.
The stock seat gave me 'hot spots' just riding around town.
I immediately went for the Toura Tech standard (tried the high also), and then a 325 mile cross state ride.
The TT is no comfort queen either.
It still rotates my hips down and I'm sitting on the family jewels - even with cycling shorts.
My Triumph Scrambler solo seat kills the F650GS for all day comfort, hands down.

Sounds dangerous.

Maxacceleration screwed with this post 08-10-2010 at 01:14 PM
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #87
Tor
Native Viking

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by blender
I too have the TT standard height. The standard height feels to me a bit higher than the stocker, not sure if I'd want the tall version. On the stock seat I was able to almost flat-foot the bike. On the TT seat I'm up on the balls of my foot. Not a big deal in my book.

As to comfort it's an improvement over stock. It's not a radical improvement, but it is an improvement. I've done several 200 mile rides without the pain the stocker inflicted. I haven't done a 400 mile day yet so can't address all-day comfort.

It seemed the seat needed several hundred miles to break in. The first miles on it I thought I'd made a mistake.

Was it worth the $525 price? I'd say yes.
Got the TT Standard in yesterday. Looks very good. Is a little harder to latch than the stock. It is also just a tad higher, at least it feels like it. I am 6'2 / 34 inseam / 200#. The seat pictures are somewhat deceptive, because you really don't see how flat the seating area is, and how steep / deep the back edge cut of the seating area is because of the stretched cover. Feels good so far. No long miles yet.

2005 Honda ST1300 / 2010 BMW F800 Gelände-Straße

Tor screwed with this post 08-10-2010 at 06:31 AM
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #88
lmclamore
Citation Collector

Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor
Got the TT Standard in yesterday. Looks very good. Is a little harder to latch than the stock. It is also just a tad higher, at least it feels like it. I am 6'2 / 34 inseam / 200#. The seat pictures are somewhat deceptive, because you really don't see how flat the seating area is, and how steep / deep the back edge cut of the seating area is because of the stretched cover. Feels good so far. No long miles yet.
Received the TT High on my 658 yesterday as well. 6'0/34 inseam/200#. I wanted the additional legroom without lowering the pegs. Ride 2 up most days. So far so good after commute #1 on the TT.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #89
Lounge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Fyi...

Bought my F8 with the Sargent seat already on it. Rode it around for a day and switched it out to the TT tall seat (I'm 6'4" 235). Liked the TT tall seat and rode from Austin TX to Colorado Springs, CO in two days with hardly any discomfort issues.

What I didn't like about the Sargent seat was that I wasn't able to slide/reposition back and forth as easy as I could with the TT seat. The Sargent seat kind of 'locks' you into a set position. With the TT, no "monkey butt" or soreness in the end. Very happy with the TT seat and will be selling the Sargent seat.

$0.02,
Tom
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #90
blender
Just another rider

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelWisman
The sensative bottom type I can deal with, it's the "not happy untill they have a windshield bigger then Texas" types that drive me nuts.
I have to chuckle and agree at this. Too many folks try to turn the F8GS into a Goldwing with a barn door windscreen and big-arse seat. If I need a touring bike I'll pick up a K11LT (or whatever).

I bought my F8GS for what it is: a bike that will take me to the interesting roads, take me down those roads, and get me back. It did that quite well this summer getting me out to the GDMBR and back.

Oh yeah, subject matter seats: After 4K miles so far and a couple 600+ miles days (yeah, not Iron Butt territory), the TT standard seat is still "OK". The best I can say about it is "sometimes I actually forget it's even there".