ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #106
Wicket009
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Wicket009's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Bainbridge Is, WA
Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
reviving an old thread here.....dont hate me..
how much taller is the standard TT seat compared to the standard bmw seat?
i read online that the even the standard TT seat is taller...
thx
I did not notice any difference in height with the standard TT seat vs standard BMW seat. Drove into Touratech and went back and forth on several test rides with the TT low, TT standard, TT breathable, and BMW stock before going with the TT Standard. The TT Breathable was noticeably taller than the BMW standard. The Rep pointed that out before throwing it on the bike. Went from the normal balls of my feet to just my toes.

Been extremely happy with the TT standard and would buy it again.
__________________
2010 F800GS
2007 F650GS
1998 K1200RS
Wicket009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #107
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco
 
inmate-n00b's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket009 View Post
I did not notice any difference in height with the standard TT seat vs standard BMW seat. Drove into Touratech and went back and forth on several test rides with the TT low, TT standard, TT breathable, and BMW stock before going with the TT Standard. The TT Breathable was noticeably taller than the BMW standard. The Rep pointed that out before throwing it on the bike. Went from the normal balls of my feet to just my toes.

Been extremely happy with the TT standard and would buy it again.
Cool. Thx.
I have a 30" inseam and I've been debating whether or not to get the low or standard.
I'd like to have the extra foam from the standard.
I think I can hack it. I just need to find someone in my area to let me try the seat out for a few minutes...................
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #108
Wicket009
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Wicket009's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Bainbridge Is, WA
Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
Cool. Thx.
I have a 30" inseam and I've been debating whether or not to get the low or standard.
I'd like to have the extra foam from the standard.
I think I can hack it. I just need to find someone in my area to let me try the seat out for a few minutes...................
The TT low seat felt like I was sitting in a bucket. You notice the lack of foam and could not adjust myself back and forth in the saddle. I have a 31" inseam and I am on the balls of my feet with the standard. I wear and Aerostich for commuting and a Revit suit for playing in the dirt. Neither suit slides on the seat. Material is great. I would let you take it out, but you are on the wrong coast...
__________________
2010 F800GS
2007 F650GS
1998 K1200RS
Wicket009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #109
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 289
I wear a 32" length Levi. I have the TT breathable regular height and it is fine. With my riding boots I can almost flat foot it. Never been an issue in the dirt. I really like the seat.
oclv454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #110
OmenF1
wannabe explorer
 
OmenF1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 69
I am 1m 77cm ( 5' 9"?) and have problems beeing confident on the F800gs ( which I would really really like to swap for my current Triumph Tiger 800 roadie)

I have tried the low seat by BMW, no good enough yet.
I am wondering, would the Touratech low seat for the F800gs be lower than the BMW low seat ?
Can 't tell from the specs, as they indicate the distances from saddle to pegs at TT, and I need to know from saddle to ground....

Tiger is 810mm in lowest std seat position, and with the LOW seat it goes down to 790mm. Which is perfect for me
800gs is 850mm with the LOW seat installed..

What would it be with the TT low seat installed, anybody compared the BMW low seat already with the TT low seat on a F800 GS ..?

BR

Omen
OmenF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #111
hellyhans
Adventurer
 
hellyhans's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal,Canada
Oddometer: 34
Back from the dead!

did a 1000 mile trip this weekend with my stock BMW ass breaker seat.. wow the pain.

Had a quick question concerning passenger comfort on the TT comfort seat.

My buddy was with me and he has a 800GSA with the BMW comfort seat.. I liked it,it was comfy and all, but I didn't like the fact that you can't really back your butt up on the seat because of the ridge.

for the passenger : is the TT comfort seat more comfortable than the stock one?
will she like it? lol

I'm 5'11 180lbs going for stock height.

She is 130lbs

Thanks
hellyhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #112
Beairmo
Adventurer
 
Beairmo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Fishers, IN
Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyhans View Post
Back from the dead!

did a 1000 mile trip this weekend with my stock BMW ass breaker seat.. wow the pain.

Had a quick question concerning passenger comfort on the TT comfort seat.

My buddy was with me and he has a 800GSA with the BMW comfort seat.. I liked it,it was comfy and all, but I didn't like the fact that you can't really back your butt up on the seat because of the ridge.

for the passenger : is the TT comfort seat more comfortable than the stock one?
will she like it? lol

I'm 5'11 180lbs going for stock height.

She is 130lbs

Thanks
I have the TT Breathable and the pillion seat is "ok".... But my passenger prefers the couch on the K1600GTL so we don't ride double on the GS any longer. I am very satisfied with the TT seat though. I can ride ALL day, after day, after day, etc.. without screaming uncle.

HINT: Put an airhawk on the TT seat for those long rides and you will be amazed at how long you can ride.
__________________
'13 F800GS; '14 K1600GTL; '09 WR450F
'74 RD350 (Winter Project)

"If your going through hell...keep going!
(Winston Churchill)
Beairmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #113
hellyhans
Adventurer
 
hellyhans's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal,Canada
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beairmo View Post
I have the TT Breathable and the pillion seat is "ok".... But my passenger prefers the couch on the K1600GTL so we don't ride double on the GS any longer. I am very satisfied with the TT seat though. I can ride ALL day, after day, after day, etc.. without screaming uncle.

HINT: Put an airhawk on the TT seat for those long rides and you will be amazed at how long you can ride.
Ok thanks!
yeah well if I have to spend close to 700$ Canadian for another seat.. I would like it to be comfortable and not add on another accessory like the airhawk. That we be almost a 1 grand setup ! Plus I don't want to add more height to the seat. It would come to the same I'm guessing if I just add the airhawk to the std ass-breaker seat.

I'm going to go try a BMW comfort seat this week and a touratech comfort seat and let the wife decide lol
hellyhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #114
Beairmo
Adventurer
 
Beairmo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Fishers, IN
Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyhans View Post
Ok thanks!
yeah well if I have to spend close to 700$ Canadian for another seat.. I would like it to be comfortable and not add on another accessory like the airhawk. That we be almost a 1 grand setup ! Plus I don't want to add more height to the seat. It would come to the same I'm guessing if I just add the airhawk to the std ass-breaker seat.

I'm going to go try a BMW comfort seat this week and a touratech comfort seat and let the wife decide lol
I tried the BMW comfort seat. Search and you will see where I took a picture with them all lined up.

I bought the air hawk when I was trying to use the stock seat so had that already. I Ride a lot off road so like having a semi sporty seat to move around. The comfort seat locks you in. I only use the air hawk when I hit the interstate and even use it on my K1600 when pounding the straight aways. I recommend it with any seat if you want to endurance ride....:-)
__________________
'13 F800GS; '14 K1600GTL; '09 WR450F
'74 RD350 (Winter Project)

"If your going through hell...keep going!
(Winston Churchill)
Beairmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #115
hellyhans
Adventurer
 
hellyhans's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal,Canada
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beairmo View Post
I tried the BMW comfort seat. Search and you will see where I took a picture with them all lined up.

I bought the air hawk when I was trying to use the stock seat so had that already. I Ride a lot off road so like having a semi sporty seat to move around. The comfort seat locks you in. I only use the air hawk when I hit the interstate and even use it on my K1600 when pounding the straight aways. I recommend it with any seat if you want to endurance ride....:-)
Yeah thanks!

I ride a lot off road also, that's why I'm more interested in the Touratech comfort seat... By the looks of things, the BMW seems more road oriented
hellyhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014