Cool ride Trophy.
tslaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #4202
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 trailblazer View Post
My friend john and I rode the proposed route yesterday and these are the numbers. We left rigby farms 09:00 with half a tank of gas, rode generally south to meadville about 11:00 and filled up, about 90 miles so far.

Crossed hwy 84 and headed south into the Homachito NF. A controled burn had large areas of landscape black and smoldering, but some nice forrest gravel roads none the less. Made it to vine brothers in Centerville for lunch around 12:00 and about 140 miles.

They specialize in barbequed and smoked meats with all the fixins at a buffet lunch line. We had ribs and brisket that were great.

About 1:00 we headed northwest by more mixed gravel and pavement to HWY 61 near the Homachito river bridge. Crossed that and then back on backroads and the NF again. Came out on liberty road and the north Natchez, Washington area to gas up around 3:00 and 250 miles.

We headed north along the river into the Rodney/Lorman area and came out right next to the old country store about 5:00. I don't know if they are open in the evening, if so that could be our dinner stop. If not we will need a plan B

We crossed 61 headed east into denis crossroads /patteson and back to the farms at 6:30 and 360 miles. We had no issues/problems to halt us, we did not stop very often to chat and carried a fairly agressive pace, so I"m pretty sure we should count on a little more time to get a group through the ride.

John made a track with his GPS which I believe can be copied, but I would like for a couple more of yall to ride it with me and save the route so if we get seperated or if it is real dusty we could have several groups spaced enough to keep folks from riding in a cloud all day.
Bob, i wish i could make this ride. antique car club event, and i'm hosting it. also a roadtrip...
anyway, sounds like you have made a good route. NW out of Centreville, thru macadonia,is where i began riding dualsports,in 1972-1974.
some of the dualsport riders of louisiana might be interested in meeting at vine's and riding back to camp satty night. some of the guys here know how to contact them...
might want to allow the hearty eaters a few minutes to adjust the buttons on their jeans after lunch !!
enjoy the ride,, Jeff
jeffrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #4203
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,266
Looked like the rain was Going to hold off so finally got out for a ride...

Triples on the run!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #4204
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,250
Whose Speed Triple?
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #4205
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Where are all the Harleys? Oh yeah, its cloudy...

Old 03-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #4206
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Whose Speed Triple?
Guy I met through the Jeep Club and come to find out he knows JeffRides, Roy, and others on here... I'm trying to get him on a Tiger instead of that little toy bike!
Old 03-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #4207
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
Bryan is a very good rider,known him since he was a little fellar.
IBA#54495 Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,and your government when it deserves it.Mark Twain.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #4208
990 trailblazer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrides View Post
Bob, i wish i could make this ride. antique car club event, and i'm hosting it. also a roadtrip...
anyway, sounds like you have made a good route. NW out of Centreville, thru macadonia,is where i began riding dualsports,in 1972-1974.
some of the dualsport riders of louisiana might be interested in meeting at vine's and riding back to camp satty night. some of the guys here know how to contact them...
might want to allow the hearty eaters a few minutes to adjust the buttons on their jeans after lunch !!
enjoy the ride,, Jeff
then you would feel right at home on this ride as that is the area we will be riding through. sorry our schedules conflicted too, but if you get a day off and want to ride the route, hollar I'm pretty flexable (retired).

Good idea on the louisiana group, I'll jump on their thread and extend an invitation.
990 trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #4209
990 trailblazer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
When are y'all planning to go? I could be convinced to meet up and have lunch at Vines. Of course I'll be on 4 wheels.

Hey DQ glad to hear your intrested in meeting us. I was hoping to get you involved somehow. The campout is the weekend of 4-19-20-21. You are certainly invited to any or all activities no matter the number of wheels involved!

In fact after jeffrides mentioned the louisiana bunch I was thinking they may be interested in a transport of camping gear and such from vines back to camp to lighten the load. If you are available and willing I'm sure we can come up with loaders and unloaders to save wear and tear on sore shoulders. I have not talked with any of them about this and will not until I hear from you. Get well soon we miss riding with you.
990 trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #4210
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 1,966
That sounds good to me. I am more than happy to help out any way possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 trailblazer View Post
Hey DQ glad to hear your intrested in meeting us. I was hoping to get you involved somehow. The campout is the weekend of 4-19-20-21. You are certainly invited to any or all activities no matter the number of wheels involved!

In fact after jeffrides mentioned the louisiana bunch I was thinking they may be interested in a transport of camping gear and such from vines back to camp to lighten the load. If you are available and willing I'm sure we can come up with loaders and unloaders to save wear and tear on sore shoulders. I have not talked with any of them about this and will not until I hear from you. Get well soon we miss riding with you.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #4211
mschviuz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Guy I met through the Jeep Club and come to find out he knows JeffRides, Roy, and others on here... I'm trying to get him on a Tiger instead of that little toy bike!
Ha. Edwin I had a great time today riding. I will switch to a tiger as soon as you can catch my speedtriple . Thanks for the props cliff. About time for another mountain t rip!
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #4212
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschviuz View Post
Ha. Edwin I had a great time today riding. I will switch to a tiger as soon as you can catch my speedtriple . Thanks for the props cliff. About time for another mountain t rip!
If I had taken all the gravel shortcuts, I would have been ahead... but I stayed behind you on the pavement!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #4213
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschviuz View Post
About time for another mountain t rip!
Stay tuned sportbikes invade middle to late April for about 4 days. Camping at Wildcat in N. GA. Me, JC and John as of now.....
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #4214
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
Mnt riding

No doubt,getting about time,i haven't gone up yet&opened the house up,hope the critters haven't taken over.I usually go now when pollen bad here,not happening there yet.
IBA#54495 Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,and your government when it deserves it.Mark Twain.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #4215
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff-77 View Post
No doubt,getting about time,i haven't gone up yet&opened the house up,hope the critters haven't taken over.I usually go now when pollen bad here,not happening there yet.
Getting snow up that way

R1200RT
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote