Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
Whammo
Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer: 2,184
I stopped into the logde to say hi a few months ago. Really cool place. Got the grand tour, very nice.
Whammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #17
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Oddometer: 997
The number of people who stop by and check this place out is amazing...Its a one of a kind place...I've really enjoyed staying here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammo
I stopped into the logde to say hi a few months ago. Really cool place. Got the grand tour, very nice.
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #18
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Don't think we are in Kansas anymore.....You going to WestFest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhgawee
nice.....
Old 06-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #19
Agave
El Corazón

Oddometer: 167
The lodge sure was an amazing place to hang out, I don't think I spent more than 5 mins sober while inside To be able to go out for a day of killer riding, come back to gourmet meal, watch JW play the blues, and drink tequila till I pass out was something I won't ever forget It was great to meet you Bill, maybe I'll catch you again out there sometime
Agave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #20
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Nice pics, I miss me some Oregon.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #21
the darth peach
eats crackers in bed

Oddometer: 11,397
Cool pic!!!

the darth peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #22
rogerfjrfaster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Laugh Bearcat

Buffalow Bill
Great pix's of your trip Oregon is beautifull as I used to live there nice to see pix of Gary and Demenshea from the Pashnit board.
roger'sklr (aka rogers fjr)
Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #23
Remarksman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Nice photos! I just stopped by the lodge for the first time last week -- impressive place!
Remarksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #24
demenshea
1% Angel 99% Hooligan

Oddometer: 271
Bill, the pleasure was most certainly ours! What a delightful stay at the lodge! How much better can it get, with a gourmet meal, gorgeous surroundings, a late night serenade and the most amazing beds ever! What a treat.

The Bobcats were exotic, but this little guy stole my heart and apparently Bill's lap!

Part of the beauty of motorcycle touring, for me, is meeting fellow inmates on the roads. It is truly one of the perks of the sport.

I hope to return to the lodge in the near future and test ride one of those sexy KTMs as I attempt to follow JW through the back country.

Great tale Bill...hope the ride home was remarkable! I am still working at sorting nearly 500 photos, but oh what an incredible journey!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #25
fuhgawee
Thats a road?

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill
Don't think we are in Kansas anymore.....You going to WestFest?
Doubt it unless I loose it and go at the last min.. Having riding
withdrawls bad now. Next trip is in Sept. with a customer from ND.,
thinking SD hills and loop Wyoming.

I predict a pie fest in your near future!
fuhgawee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #26
funhouse
Overdue

Oddometer: 3,044
Wrong Bearcat

I was thinking Grumman

http://picasaweb.google.com/funhouse750
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #27
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Josh,

I think you and Dante found yourself a nice spot to hang...I enjoyed meeting you both and look forward to a ride sometime...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agave
The lodge sure was an amazing place to hang out, I don't think I spent more than 5 mins sober while inside To be able to go out for a day of killer riding, come back to gourmet meal, watch JW play the blues, and drink tequila till I pass out was something I won't ever forget It was great to meet you Bill, maybe I'll catch you again out there sometime
Old 06-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #28
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Day: ?

Day ?....

After a few days at the Lodge I lost track of my report....Between riding, eating, relaxing, and visiting with other riders, each day flys into the next...Before I knew it, day six was day eight, then 10, and now, who knows what day it is....I'll try to catch up and share a few pics......

The highlight of most trips are the places you ride and the people you meet. This was especially true on this trip.

John, from Baltimore MD, stopped on his bicycle, inquiring about a room..It was unseasonably cold that day and it sounded like he had froze his butt off the night before in his tent.. Luckily for him, their was room available and he got to enjoy a warm room and a hot shower..

Here he is leaving at six the next morning...His trek started in Moscow Idaho, and will finish in Cedar City, Utah....” You go Doc”

Riding with friends:

This foursome from Newport, Oregon stopped by for a tour of the lodge the day before and were treated to a few drinks and a Blues Concert by JW...Here they are ready to head back to the coast...The little dog riding on the back of the r1150, had a sweet spot...He could sit up and sight see going down the road, or go inside the bag...

One of my longtime friends, Steve-(Funky Steve), who lives in SO CAL, came up on his way to Colorado...He brought his 990 so he could cut his teeth on some Eastern Oregon back country. With his gray 990 and JW on the Orange it made for some colorful KTM shots...Guess I need a Blue S model to round out the commercial...

Lucky for us JW had time to lead us on some great roads..The blend of gravel and secondary paved roads made for a perfect day of riding..

Fastcat's Bike in Logan Valley...Spring flowers and the Strawberry Mts in the backdrop were spectacular...

Airing my front tire back up....I don't normally air down, but with the load I was carrying, and trying to keep up with the orange, I figured it might help..."It Didn't" I did get to use my pump though... Actually I already had the pump out..When I aired down earlier, I gave myself a nice Flat Tire...

With the tire aired up, Steve and Jdub discuss an easy route back to the lodge, so the beemer can keep up....

Me keeping up......

We swing thru Prairie City, Oregon on the way back to the lodge.

Ingo, the owner/operator of Prairie City Motors in Prairie City discuss some bike stuff with JW, and Steve, while Darrel, in the blue shirt, and a cowboy look on...Ingo can fix your shit if you break down in the area...He's the tech guy at Portland International Raceway on the weekends...

Ingo without a wrench in his hand............

Aside from having a couple adventure bikes in my garage, I' m sorta hooked on cool off road vehicles too...When this tricked out Jeep came rolling thru and stopped at the lodge, I couldn't resist the chance to take a look, and snag a few pics..Chris, his wife Suzanne, and their dog Radar, were trekking to Canada on all dirt roads...

This Proto-type vehicle is being developed and tested by Jeep...It was basically a Rubicon Unlimited with ARB bumpers, and the expedition tent on top...Toss in a warn winch, the BFG off-road wheels and tires and you have a sweet rig...I didn't snag a pic of the inside, but it looked like it had some nice seats and room for gear...In fact, this model comes with a cargo plate with tie down points instead of a back seat...

The bearcat welcome commitee was ready to check the rig..Here, Bob peaks in the window at Radar to see if can come out and play...

Checking under the hood with a whole new attitude...."Radar, where are you?"

The next morning before they left, Chris grabbed a few shots of the cats on the rig....Nice people...Great Jeep....Check the blog.....

http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6549024...ada/index.html

Chris, Suzanne, and Radar continue the Trek toward Canada......

the end of another day in Seneca.....

Stay tuned for more.............

Buffalo Bill screwed with this post 06-30-2009 at 10:15 AM
Old 06-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #29
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Thanks Peach, I was trying to figure out my new handle bar camera...Looks like i still need to work on some focus....Could be, those TKC 80 are causing some vibrating..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach
Cool pic!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #30
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Thanks, it was great meeting those two...It looked like they were having a great ride....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerfjrfaster
Buffalow Bill
Great pix's of your trip Oregon is beautifull as I used to live there nice to see pix of Gary and Demenshea from the Pashnit board.
roger'sklr (aka rogers fjr)