ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #571
b737jets
Baja Explorer

Oddometer: 164
Howdy KM Guy's

He just to pass along my buddy is a Ranger up at KM and said you all were riding through camp like it was a hare scramble great job guys.....
b737jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #572
SenorPeligro
Proper Naughty

Oddometer: 1,962
When I find my manhood I should come and ride with you guys!

Video Antics
Where am I Riding?
Baja Blitz Yard Sale
SenorPeligro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #573
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by b737jets
Howdy KM Guy's

He just to pass along my buddy is a Ranger up at KM and said you all were riding through camp like it was a hare scramble great job guys.....
THere were a bunch of groups there, couldn't have been us. Though I do remember a starting line drawn in the dirt at one point.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #574
sbbillder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Quote:
Howdy KM Guy's

He must be referring to me......I reached like 2.5 to 3 mph on the service road as I pushed my bike back to camp......my Tech 10's kickin' up major dust!! Tell your Ranger friend that the guy on the EXC with no pilot jet says sorry!!

As far as the other guys....they were just pre-running the service road to make sure they new the route !
sbbillder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #575
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
Did anyone no if Sito still alive
Alive and well!
I had a great time & KM is officially my favorite place to ride! I plan on going back very soon!
Sat I was on the fence on where or not to go with the fast group or stay with slower group. The past few weeks before this trip I had been sick with a little ammonia and my lungs were still not 100%. I decided to give it a shot and go with the advanced group. What a blast! The trails were amazing and the Wr 400 with the Trail Trick Suspension upgrades was performing great! My lungs on the other hand were not having as much fun! I decided I would slow my pace and just enjoy the beautiful scenery. I got to the end of one of the trails and a small group of riders were waiting, Baja650 and I believe CCracer were saying that this was the point of no return. If you head down the hill you were committed on doing the Rincon trail. I was starting to be a little concerned about my breathing and at 9000ft the thin air wasn’t helping. I decided I better be cautious and stay with this group and work our way back to camp. We back tracked a bit took a few different trails and ended back at camp around 2:30 3:00. At this point the temps dropped a bit and I was starting to develop my old cough back. I decided I better cut my losses pack up and make back home before I got any sicker.

I did tell tell some at camp that I was leaving but I think he left to? (Heard you guys got back around 5:pm)
Anyways I wanted to thank all the people that put this together. Sorry I missed out on all the Sat night fun.
Defiantly want to get back out to KM before the weather turns.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #576
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito
Alive and well!
I had a great time & KM is officially my favorite place to ride! I plan on going back very soon!
Sat I was on the fence on where or not to go with the fast group or stay with slower group. The past few weeks before this trip I had been sick with a little ammonia and my lungs were still not 100%. I decided to give it a shot and go with the advanced group. What a blast! The trails were amazing and the Wr 400 with the Trail Trick Suspension upgrades was performing great! My lungs on the other hand were not having as much fun! I decided I would slow my pace and just enjoy the beautiful scenery. I got to the end of one of the trails and a small group of riders were waiting, Baja650 and I believe CCracer were saying that this was the point of no return. If you head down the hill you were committed on doing the Rincon trail. I was starting to be a little concerned about my breathing and at 9000ft the thin air wasn’t helping. I decided I better be cautious and stay with this group and work our way back to camp. We back tracked a bit took a few different trails and ended back at camp around 2:30 3:00. At this point the temps dropped a bit and I was starting to develop my old cough back. I decided I better cut my losses pack up and make back home before I got any sicker.

I did tell tell some at camp that I was leaving but I think he left to? (Heard you guys got back around 5:pm)
Anyways I wanted to thank all the people that put this together. Sorry I missed out on all the Sat night fun.
Defiantly want to get back out to KM before the weather turns.
glad ur ok and made it home safe...i hoped it wasn't a family emergency.at any rate much different from the camp fire version
Old 08-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #577
CCer
missing

Oddometer: 197
hey charlie, good to hear you're making progress and the worst is behind you. see you soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
Dale,
Thanks for the RR and the great pics, looks you had a good time. Hope to see you on some future ride.

Only about 2 more weeks and I should be back to work and then I get to ride again.

Charlie
CCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #578
buttugly
bAcK t0 n00b

Oddometer: 93
The butt is back, I will read all later. thanks
buttugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #579
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Somebody better post up a pick of my kern river wheelie/shower

I'm already being called a liar when I tell people about it
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 08-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #580
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,818
Quote:
Howdy KM Guy's

there were lots of bikes last weekend, adv and others. if that was our group and because of a few; shame on us and my apology....

there is certainly a posted speed limit right in front of our camp... i guess that broken bike was a distraction and some real FFs have missed the sign.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #581
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPeligro
When I find my manhood I should come and ride with you guys!
hey andy, between you and crashmotic the gap just getting bigger. aaron and his 610 are unstoppable. though i still have to see how good he is in deep sand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
glad ur ok and made it home safe...i hoped it wasn't a family emergency.at any rate much different from the camp fire version
damit noel, don't say anything anymore or sito will stop fixing our flats....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #582
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,523
damit noel, don't say anything anymore or sito will stop fixing our flats....[/quote]

I'm sure DR could change a flat faster then I could ever
Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #583
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
hey andy, between you and crashmotic the gap just getting bigger. aaron and his 610 are unstoppable. though i still have to see how good he is in deep sand....
BRING IT BITCHES!

I've been practicing a little bit, did that little creek off of Pacifico a while back. the 610 sure ain't the Dakar! (pacifico ain't Death Valley either I will grant you)

Hmmmm, there's a huge steep as hell 100' high sand dune in Manhattan beach that they just closed to hikers (and everybody else)
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 08-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #584
SenorPeligro
Proper Naughty

Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
BRING IT BITCHES!

I've been practicing a little bit, did that little creek off of Pacifico a while back. the 610 sure ain't the Dakar! (pacifico ain't Death Valley either I will grant you)

Hmmmm, there's a huge steep as hell 100' high sand dune in Manhattan beach that they just closed to hikers (and everybody else)
I know when I'm beaten.

My plan of hitting the dirt every couple of weeks this year is in total tatters. Having said that, my skills are definitely improving too. Having less oh-shit moments.

Video Antics
Where am I Riding?
Baja Blitz Yard Sale
SenorPeligro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #585
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
BRING IT BITCHES!

I've been practicing a little bit

come on out to glamis in nov. we'll work on your sand skills there a little taller than 100' though oh yeah.... your gonna need a bigger back pack