ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #151
Vbird
In Room 237

Oddometer: 783
Tag

wild woody's campground antique store just off parkway. New tag when I get home.
Vbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #152
Vbird
In Room 237

Oddometer: 783
New Tag

Not home yet...

You can find this new/unfinished State Park(NC) on a road that shares it's name with a Camp that must not allow vegetarians.

http://vbird.smugmug.com/photos/609989323_AoJMm-M.jpg

sorry about the pic- on my Mom's computer in Boone :(

Vbird screwed with this post 08-03-2009 at 01:35 PM
Vbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #153
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbird

fixed:
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #154
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

Oddometer: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbird
Not home yet...

You can find this new/unfinished State Park(NC) on a road that shares it's name with a Camp that must not allow vegetarians.

http://vbird.smugmug.com/photos/609989323_AoJMm-M.jpg

NOOOOOOoooOOO! Dang. I'm gonna be running all over the mountains tomorrow I can just tell. Dang. That road name is FUNNY stuff.

Pat aka Geeeze
daGeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #155
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"

Oddometer: 7,961
not too hard to locate, but after a weekend in the saddle, I think I'll just be here instead of wandering about the hills in the dark tonight ... by the time I got there it'd be dark and I gots a crock pot of red beans, andouille, smoked sausage, etc that'll be ready in a bit to toss on a bed of rice.

yum!!

gotta eat good after missing meals and snacking on the road

I mean since the Nude Hampster Ride, all the riding I've done has netted a total of 22 lbs lost ... 'cause I don't eat when riding ... I snack on jerky, those woooonderful make-it-yerself-tuna-salad-from-pouches-and-stir-it-up-in-the-package thingies, beanie-weenies, and as the guy once said, "nature's perfect food. Open the can, drink the juice, eat the vienna sausages.." to which I add a packet of mustard and a splash of Louisana Hot Sauce
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #156
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

Tag

Later I'll upload my pics of XTPhreak.

Pat aka Geeeze

daGeeeze screwed with this post 08-04-2009 at 05:38 PM
Old 08-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #157
xtphreak

bruced

'cause DaGeeeze was posting with his cell phone (from the porta-john???) & I ran to KFC in Boone to do it with the laptop.

wasted too much time looking for the NC tag first

good to meet ya DaGeeeze
we stood and chatted a while, but hey I ALMOST got ya ... 7 minutes when I had to run 12 miles?

where's my Bruced T-shirt anyway?

Robert A. Heinlen
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E

xtphreak screwed with this post 08-04-2009 at 12:53 PM
Old 08-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #158
wickedthunder.com
Who's leading?!

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtphreak
where's my Bruced T-shirt anyway?
No t-shirts but you still got this as the 'official' Bruced pic from the NC Tag so might as well throw it up here for ya...

Nice grab BTW guys. This one and the NC Tag are both right in my backyard so to speak so was gonna try to snag both after work today if someone hadn't gotten them already.

Where to now Geeeze? Could possibly still make a run for something this afternoon if close...
1411-A Hickory Blvd. SE
Lenoir, NC 28645
828-728-7633
M-F 9:30-5:30pm EST

06 DRZ400S (Blue)
03 GSXR1000 (Silver) "The Beast"
wickedthunder.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #159
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedthunder.com
No t-shirts but you still got this as the 'official' Bruced pic from the NC Tag so might as well throw it up here for ya...

Nice grab BTW guys. This one and the NC Tag are both right in my backyard so to speak so was gonna try to snag both after work today if someone hadn't gotten them already.

Where to now Geeeze? Could possibly still make a run for something this afternoon if close...

Now that's just mean.

I've got a couple more pics. This one was a clearer look at Elk Knob State Park on the sign. On Meat Camp Rd. What's not to like about that?

Great meeting you too Freak. Enjoyed our little chat. You do remember I had that other little task before I posted right? Now I'm sitting in Boone at the Hardees.

I'm dragging this thing along towards home or beyond so don't count on a quick grab there.

Pat aka Geeeze

daGeeeze screwed with this post 08-04-2009 at 05:40 PM
Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #160
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,806
I knew I should of went with my gut and made a run for it I might have beat you both. I would of head that way at 1100 and it was only 65 miles from me.
NC-Okie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #161
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie
I knew I should of went with my gut and made a run for it I might have beat you both. I would of head that way at 1100 and it was only 65 miles from me.
Might have been close on the time depending on what speed roads you took. I avoided interstates on the way there and even managed to hook myself up with about a 5 mile gravel road with lots of elevation change and turns. I'm still skeered on those so that was slow.

When I got there and took my pics I was just going to ride into the park when I saw Phreak coming out. I didn't actually recognize him but he definitely had that tag hunter look to him. We started talking there in the driveway of the park and I swear we killed 45 minutes just yakking. Eventually another guy showed up on a pretty red Wee-Strom and we thought maybe it was going to be a double brucing. Not to be. He was just a cool guy riding and saw us waving at him. We made a point of telling him about the site so maybe he'll join us here. We finally broke up the chat session. Mother nature was pounding on my back door and I was in need of a porta potty.

I rode on into the park while Phreak headed off to post up. I thought relief was going to be near the office and circled around that first. Then I headed back into the park more and saw nirvanna. Because it was looking like rain I buttoned up everything on the bike before heading in. Nice breeze was keeping the air fresh so I was pretty comfy in there. When I finally came out I checked my cell phone and had no signal. I suited up again and punched phone status up on the Garmin. Back at the entrance I had one bar. Nah, won't cut it. I turned down toward town and soon enough had 5 bars of signal. Bingo. I pulled into a driveway, peeled off some layers, fired up the computer and started to work.

Imagine my surprise when I saw I hadn't yet been bruced! Cool. I did post up only the bare minimum to snag the tag though at that point. Sorry Phreak; I gave you some time. Why do I feel like you're looking at your AT&T plan tonight? I also rode down into Boone and stopped at the Hardees to get a quick bite of something. While there I posted up the other stuff. The temps up there were just a tad cool and I debated putting on my liner in the vented jacket. Nah, it was warming up for sure. Until I got moving again. Somewhere my plans to ride down near Maggie Valley changed and I took the more direct way for home. Then somewhere around Jonesborough the weather turned ominous. I got kicked from one side of the lane to the other by a sudden wet gust of wind and loved watching the finger lightning. Then I chicked out twice. First I pulled into a gas station and put on all my rain gear. Second I set the GPS to allow interstates. Hiding behind my windshield I almost didn't need the rain gear.

All that is to say I didn't get a new tag photo done. I'll see if I can ride tomorrow and do it. If not I'll post up a file photo.

Pat aka Geeeze
Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #162
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

New Tag

New Tag here:

If you go to get this one make sure you wear your RUBY slippers so you won't FALL.

Also, while you're in the area you might try to find a famous choo choo down in Southeast TN.

Pat aka Geeeze
Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #163
caver101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Passed by there Saturday on a ride!

When you find the "choo choo" eat at the Terminal restaurant right beside it. Order the carnivore with sweet potato fries and one of their oatmeal stout beers. Some of the best beer/food in the area. And if your in the area on a friday night check out Nightfall downtown. They close off some of the streets downtown and bikes are parked everywhere. Saw two ADV stickers last friday on two red 1200GS's. If the weather is good I will probably go back again this friday.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:05 AM   #164
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by caver101
Passed by there Saturday on a ride!
It was '95 for me.

Stopped by there and went in. Have a pre-digital pix of the, uh, place itself looking up into the, uh, tag's namesake.

Was down that way for my first ever COG rally in Monteagle.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:46 AM   #165
xtphreak

hmm

5 hrs west or 3 hrs east for the NC tag??

decisions decisions

lessee if somebody down yonder will volunteer to go get it
Robert A. Heinlen
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E