ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #76
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

Oddometer: 1,817
Excellent grab rain and all. I don't usually like to set out in the rain but don't mind getting caught in it once I'm riding and have a good place to put on the rain gear.

I was on my way to get groceries in my Miata with the top down when those heavy skies finally started spitting on me. I looked up ahead and saw a wall of water coming at me so I whipped off in a driveway and dragged the top up. The power windows on that car are so slow I nearly got soaked waiting for them to go up.

File tags are just fine. I've started just randomly collecting good file photos for later myself. It can make moving the game around fun too. That said there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking your time and doing another ride to place a tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc
I hadn't really even looked for this one until last night. I found out I would have some free time this morning and with 20% chance of rain the weather looked good. I pulled up MS Streets & Trips and found it pretty quick. Only 50 miles from me.

It was raining so hard and my with all the fog and my shield fogging up, I decided to sit on the porch and wait it out. I sat there over and hour and listened to the rain beat down on the tin roof. Everytime I would think it was going to let up you could hear it coming thru the trees.

I have some work to do this afternoon but will try to get the next tag up this evening sometime. May have to use a file pic though.

Pat aka Geeeze
daGeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #77
turkeyman101
Navigationally Impaired

Oddometer: 556
An absolutely awesome tag and grab.

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese..."
The Navigator told me to dress for the crash... (Don't throw rocks at the Navigator, ESPECIALLY when you THINK you know where you are!)

07 KLR 650
1 hp Tennessee Walker
both rode hard...
turkeyman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #78
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,777
Great Tag report Kennyanc!!!!!
NC-Okie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #79
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,924
New Tag!!!

This house was built in 1882 by a local community leader. It became part of one of the largest Estates in the nation in 1895 and was later used as a residence for Forest Rangers. It is located in the National Forest where Forestry began in the US.

kennyanc screwed with this post 07-08-2009 at 07:49 PM
kennyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #80
Red F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
I think I know where this is.... Now, when can I get it and where would I take it?.

www.redfstudios.com
Red F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #81
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,777
Hummm 270 miles away wife gone for a few days Hummmm
NC-Okie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 AM   #82
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie
Hummm 270 miles away wife gone for a few days Hummmm
I dunno, can you handle riding in hills and cool shade? You flatlanders forget what it's like in the mountains ya know.

This looks like an awesome tag. I'll have to look it up myself and see where it is. I'm hindered because my Zumo went belly up chasing the E-TN tag and I'm severely map impaired.

Pat aka Geeeze
Old 07-09-2009, 06:24 AM   #83
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeeeze
I dunno, can you handle riding in hills and cool shade? You flatlanders forget what it's like in the mountains ya know.

This looks like an awesome tag. I'll have to look it up myself and see where it is. I'm hindered because my Zumo went belly up chasing the E-TN tag and I'm severely map impaired.
You don't need the GPS to find this one. It's more challenging to study the map at home and then go find it using only your foggy memory as a guide. The tag is much more satisfying when you finally do find it. At least that's what I tell myself cuz I can't afford a GPS.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 AM   #84
Ridge-Runner
Playing tag like a kid

Oddometer: 437
Well I ran out to get this tag and guess what I found.

I think that this is the right location?

If not I now know that I need to tweak my new chain a little and I got the flat spots off of my tires from my trip to Oklahoma. .
If ye say that I gots it new tag will follow.
Oh yea if I dont get it and there is someone thinking about going and I am in the right spot then U might want to know about this.

RR

The worst of all fears is the fear of living.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe.
Ridge-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:15 AM   #85
Ridge-Runner
Playing tag like a kid

Oddometer: 437
New tag (maybe)

Here it is U should be able to find it w/o any clues.

I was going to take down to Ga or somewhere like that but I had a harmonic noise coming from my bike on decel so I got back home and want to check it out b-4 I take it to work tonite. Good luck and I hope this thing moves around more than it has.
RR

The worst of all fears is the fear of living.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe.
Ridge-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:55 AM   #86
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,873
Thanks Ridge-Runner for saving me a trip. I was going to head out to claim that one when I saw your post. I can't say if that is the right place or not but that's where I was heading. The new tag is far enough away that I can put chasing tags out of my mind and go to work like I'm supposed to.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #87
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge-Runner
Here it is U should be able to find it w/o any clues.

I was going to take down to Ga or somewhere like that but I had a harmonic noise coming from my bike on decel so I got back home and want to check it out b-4 I take it to work tonite. Good luck and I hope this thing moves around more than it has.
RR
Well that get is certainly where I would have headed. We'll wait for kennyanc to say if you were headed to the right place I guess.

One thing us GPSers like about your new tag is the address shows up when you find the right web page. Sorry to hear about your harmonic. I haven't had a bike with a chain for quite a while. New chain and sprockets for ya though? Too bad it stopped you sticking that down into GA for its first trip beyond TN and NC.

Using park sites for tags does carry the risk of closures at night. Sites closing at 5pm though? Those would exclude people with "normal" jobs.

Pat aka Geeeze
Old 07-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #88
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,924
My pic was taken from just off the public road. No gates involved or I would have said so. You were close though. My pic could be taken anytime of day. The house might not show up in the pic but the fence and wagon would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge-Runner
Well I ran out to get this tag and guess what I found.

I think that this is the right location?

If not I now know that I need to tweak my new chain a little and I got the flat spots off of my tires from my trip to Oklahoma. .
If ye say that I gots it new tag will follow.
Oh yea if I dont get it and there is someone thinking about going and I am in the right spot then U might want to know about this.

RR
kennyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:41 AM   #89
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc
My pic was taken from just off the public road. No gates involved or I would have said so. You were close though. My pic could be taken anytime of day. The house might not show up in the pic but the fence and wagon would.
so - did he got it right or not????
Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #90
daGeeeze OP
Geeezed lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle
so - did he got it right or not????
Sadly for RR I'd say NO. If the pic is in a place it can be gotten any hour then that wasn't the place to get it. That might have been one path to get to it but there are others then.

How many folks were on their way to that other site already?

Going riding soon?

Pat aka Geeeze