Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #226
OUtback UFO
GLOW IN DARK SPACEINVADER

Oddometer: 2,595
Okay here is some of HackyMoto.. more tomorrow.. need some sleep all from day one..

my going into low orbit for and one for laughs... i was out of going to the 20 after the crash but i could still end it big

One Meteior Crater surrounded by a lot of roos, emus, Yowies, drop bears and one major flood in the driest desert on Earth... There still was a bottle of red with dinner.

IBA#13157 BB1500 SS2000

Die Hohen Berghunde Agent X

My Motorcycling fine art Books are avalible at Blurb.com, click below.

159059 ss ed. 159059 sl ed. and Motorcycling to Aesthetics:Australia
OUtback UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #227
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
This looks to be about the only thread chronicling the Rawhyde Double Jeopardy Riders Challenge, so here are a few pics from our little adventure over to Mr. Hyde's place.
First, our hero:

Locked and loaded. Wait. Is he giving us an underhanded salute?
Backing up a bit, the idea clan lives about 2.5 hours west of Rawhyde so Idea Boy and I had a nice ride over....except there was traffic.

We met up with Treadless

and went on our way.
It looks like he lost something.....

The Rawhyde Complex in the distance

And we were there

The view back at the freeway

BMW Signs everywhere

I can't quite make this one out.

Oh, here it is:

Note the trailer is a monster version of a tent trailer. Tents cantalevered out over the side. Don't think I could do that.
Then there was the bunkhouse

Crutches are standard equipment in the cubbies.

And oh yes, there was riding.

This was up a log and then on to a bridge. NFW

Sand seems easy enough

but later one of the riders almost totally augered in. He saved it but the roosters were impressive. (no pics of that, sorry)
Happy Dude

One of the other bridges from day one.

A big thank you on the bike throughout.

Jim Hyde in the Boad brimmed hat.

"I'd like some volunteers to admit that they suck so we can let the real competitors go at it."... or words to that effect. Even the "volunteers" could ride circles around most of us civilians. I admired those that stepped up. But Hacky was still in the hunt.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #228
idea man
Plate Spinner

Then it was time for the second run.

I took Hacky's camera and gave Idea Boy mine. Soooo, we got some of these

and one of these....

and my personal favorite:

But then we got...

From a standing start he blew up this steep ramp and Hacky being who he is guns it around the corner, slides out the rear tire and heads to the next gate. Stylin'.
Hacky made the U-turn and came back down this little decline.

Idea boy didn't miss a thing...

Look, Hacky catching air!

Congrats for a job well done from the Touratech guy.

We said our goodbyes and headed for the barn. AceRPH, Ideaboy and Treadless.

Had a little dinner

and headed for home....at least IdeaBoy and I did.
Got home at 9:30, down one headlight to make things interresting.
Great trip, great experience, and great to see Hacky in his natural habitat. Well done sir!
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
Old 05-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #229
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,545
Thanks much for the pics, idea man.

And uh, every once in a while you show some mad skills with Hacky's camera.
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #230
AKDuc OP
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,523
Great photos of an impressive ride! Thank you for sharing.

Also great to see Chad having so much fun.

Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #231
idea man
Plate Spinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion
Thanks much for the pics, idea man.

And uh, every once in a while you show some mad skills with Hacky's camera.
Thanks guys!
Gosh I wish I could take crdit for those works of art with Hacky's camera. But I have to admit that those pics are from idea boy with my camera.
I'd love to see the pics from Hacky's camera....you know, when he writes up his ride report.
Hey Mark
Old 05-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #232
HackyMoto
TEAMUSAGSTROPHY2012

Oddometer: 1,063
Cool2

Hi all

It's taking me for ever to load all my pix. and video

Awesome pics guys! You to Stalker but there are a couple of questionable ones

Hey OUtback UFO I've got some pix. for you that is if you come down from orbit yet

The RawHyde crew did an awesome job Don’t be too hard on the judges they were all volunteers an did an excellent job I did eat some cones and slapped the bars a couple times

I had a wonderful time this year, to make the top 20 was just awesome and to get to top 8 to go for the 3 was just over the top THANKS EVERYONE AGAIN for getting me down there for the opportunity

This was the first time I threw a leg over a 1200gs it’s a sweet bike it is the next level , I’ve had all kinds of offers to ride one and always said no. Now I’m jonesin for one, you know the first ride’s free now the second one's gonna cost me.

Now thier trying to get me to ride an 800gs no, no. I did the course after the comp. on the 1150adv and it was a lot tougher, some of the stuff took a lot more effort don't think i could have done it on the 1150adv.

The RawHyde camp was awesome this year the people and camaraderie is second to none, if you ever get a chance to do any of Jim’s (RawHyde’s) Adventures do so at least once.

Good Times

So If you got some questions let me know type it up

Here are some of the pix. from my Adventures enjoy

Live life to the fullest. Lost two friends from motorcycle accident's during the time i was gone

P.S. If you want some pix from my smugmug let me know I'll unlock um for you. p/m me

More to come..

Sponsor
alaskaleather.com

Join Smugmug save 5 bucks coupon(uADB4GsV1gfKM)

HackyMoto screwed with this post 05-08-2010 at 11:15 PM Reason: Nunya
HackyMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #233
idea man
Plate Spinner

The old bike is so clean.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #234
Toyanvil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
It was great meeting you. You are a fearless rider, watching you in the Garage(hay bales) was Amazing See you next year.
Here's a link to more pictures from RawHyde.
http://toyanvil.smugmug.com/Motorcyc...54374197_2PE9f
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places I’ve been there weren’t even roads!
Toyanvil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #235
motocrazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Great Riding!

Nice writeup!! It was a hoot to watch you ride so well in the Trophy Challenge.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #236
HackyMoto
TEAMUSAGSTROPHY2012

[quote=idea man]The old bike is so clean. [quote]
It did come from the bike show and into the box

[quote=Toyanvil]It was great meeting you. You are a fearless rider, watching you in the Garage(hay bales) was Amazing See you next year.[quote]
Was nice meet you to. O I’ve got plenty of fear. Look I was all over your bike

[quote=motocrazy]Nice writeup!! It was a hoot to watch you ride so well in the Trophy Challenge. [quote]
Thanks motocrazy, Got a nice video of you in the mud! I’ll post it in your rr

Sponsor
alaskaleather.com

Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #237
Harry Swan
One more time

Oddometer: 1,096
Mr. Moto ... PM's sent
Old 05-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #238
HackyMoto
TEAMUSAGSTROPHY2012

Ok All,
Here are most of the pix. I took and from people that grabed the camara from me http://hackymoto.smugmug.com/Competi...59019799_d8uNZ

Im working on some video from the Gopro but it's giving me some problems soon as finger it out I'll post some...

Im liken this shot.

From BMW Motorrad, Thanks Harry.

Click here: BMW Motorrad USA
http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/individual/news/index.html&id=237&notrack=1

3 Riders Selected To Defend U.S. Title in 2010 GS Trophy

Riders from all over the United States competed to win in two off-road riding contests held at the RawHyde Adventures facility in Castaic, CA: the Adventure Rider Challenge (ARC) on Friday, April 30th, and the GS Challenge on Saturday, May 1st . The top three riders in the GS Challenge go on to South Africa to defend the U.S. Title in the 2010 BMW Motorrad International GS Trophy this November.

The three riders qualifying to represent Team USA in the upcoming International GS Trophy in South Africa include first-place finisher Iain Glynn, of Seattle, WA; second-place finisher Bill Dragoo, of Norman, Oklahoma; and third-place winner Shannon Markle, of Laramie, Wyoming.

This year’s ARC -- an annual competition produced by RawHyde Adventures in Castaic, California – drew 65 competitors and 110 other riders from 13 states. The competition consisted of two segments. The first was the "Renegade Run," which sent three-man teams down a treacherous ravine after which they were required to hit targets with an air rifles, pistols, knives and a bow and arrow. The second segment was a longer course filled with jumps, logs, mud holes, a curved narrow ledge, bridges, sand pits, and other obstacles to test the skills of the most seasoned off-road riders. Judges scored the riders’ performances and deducted points for hitting cones, leaving the course, falling, and dabbing a foot on the ground.

“The course designers created a test track that almost every entrant could at least finish, but how you rode these sections was scored to find out who could do it the cleanest. I've been spending a lot of time on trails bikes lately, and I always try what I can on the big BMW, and in this case, it worked out well," commented Myers.

Meanwhile, Glynn, Dragoo and Markle will prepare to defend the U.S. Team championship in the 2010 BMW Motorrad International GS Trophy, a world-famous biennial off-road competition held November 13-21 in South Africa. Teams of three riders from 10 countries will compete in six stages aboard BMW F 800 GS and R 1200 GS motorcycles

The top 20 finalists in the GS Trophy Challenge received a commemorative bottle of wine donated by Sonoma, CA winemaker Mike Kuimelis. The top three finalists received magnums.

Top 20...

“Mike is a winemaker from the very best wine region in California and he came to the BMW off-road school one day,” said Jim Hyde, president of RawHyde Adventures. “We quickly became friends and began discussing the possibility of making a wine for RawHyde just for adventure riders. Our graphic artist created a special label and a commemorative bottle of wine was born.”

Glynn, a 25-year-old customer service and technical support representative for Touratech-USA, proved that his third try at the ARC competition was the charm.

“I have a long and sordid history with this event,” commented Glynn, who rode his 2005 BMW R 1200 GS to a first-place finish. “My goal was not to flip the bike upside down and ruin my weekend. The only reason I won is because I’m short. I could either ride with my feet on the pegs or jump off the motorcycle and disqualify myself.”

For Dragoo, 54, earning a spot on Team USA was a dream come true after two previous attempts at the Challenge. The accomplished rider and journalist/author placed second in the first round and second in the second round of the GS Trophy Challenge on his R 1200 GS, earning him the second position on the team.

“I came into this competition totally relaxed with no real expectation of winning,” admitted Dragoo. “In fact, I was coming out of the outhouse when they called my name! I was completely surprised!”

Markle, 37, confessed he is the greenhorn in the group and had entered this – his first – ARC competition on the spur of the moment.

“I’ve only owned my R 1200 GS Adventure since last May,” said Markle, “but I bought it, coincidentally, from a guy who got it from Brad Hendry’s [a previous Team USA member] shop. I had an opportunity to talk to Brad about his experience at the GS Trophy in Tunisia, never realizing that I would later qualify to follow in his footsteps.”

Good Job Guys kick some ass!

“The competition finalists heading to South Africa will not only need strength and endurance, superior riding skills and guts, but they must also be able to navigate their route ahead, pace themselves and collaborate with teammates,” commented Laurence Kuykendahl, Community and Communications Manager for BMW Motorrad USA. “Of course, they’ll also need a sense of humor under adversity and extreme conditions. They’re going to battle sun, sand and scorpions in addition to some of the world’s best off-road riders.”

In 2008, the high-stakes competition between riders representing five countries took place in the
burning sands of Tunisia and was won by Team USA members Brad Hendry (Thornton, CO), Jim
Stoddard (Middlegrove, NY), and Jason Adams (Rosendale, NY) along with journalists Jimmy
Lewis (Dirt Rider), Ryan Dudek (Cycle World), and writer/photographer Jonathan Beck. The GS
owners and journalists represented the United States in the 1,900-kilometer desert rally, involving
30 participants from five nations, seeking to demonstrate their skills over challenging terrain on
identically prepared BMW F 800 GS motorcycles.

P.S. Calling Tom S to the white courtesy phone please Tom S...

Sponsor
alaskaleather.com

HackyMoto screwed with this post 05-13-2010 at 09:23 AM
Old 05-13-2010, 02:27 AM   #239
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,285
"Calling Tom S to the white courtesy phone ..."
Hacky, whuts up? E-mail sent.
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #240
OUtback UFO
GLOW IN DARK SPACEINVADER

Oddometer: 2,595
Chad,

I snail mailed you a CD of all the original images and then the ones i did the correctoins on (for your personal use) to you today. There possibally an image of you in the On The Level from the BMW RA this comming June edition of you riding the tree/ramp thing.

later
Mike

One Meteior Crater surrounded by a lot of roos, emus, Yowies, drop bears and one major flood in the driest desert on Earth... There still was a bottle of red with dinner.

IBA#13157 BB1500 SS2000

Die Hohen Berghunde Agent X

My Motorcycling fine art Books are avalible at Blurb.com, click below.

159059 ss ed. 159059 sl ed. and Motorcycling to Aesthetics:Australia
OUtback UFO is offline   Reply With Quote