Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #406
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Oddometer: 4,909
Chad WELL DONE old man and on a old 1150 pig no less thats showing the youngsters how its done.
Good-Bad-Iam the guy with the gun "evil dead"
God's speed Rommel run free my dog
friar mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #407
Spousal Unit
Concubine

Oddometer: 80
Hey Ace, can you get the ADN to do an article with pics about Hacky?
I mean if you are still on speaking terms with them....
07 F650GS Thumper / 11 F650GS Twin
/2014 F800 GS
Spousal Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #408
Sirby
Silveradvo

Oddometer: 247
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackyMoto View Post
Good Job Hacky!! We'll get out the vote for you here...
-Steve
Sirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #409
akrider
mild adventurer

Oddometer: 1,722
My hero

Congrats Chad. I knew you could do it man.

Now my comment. Facebook=voting=popularity contest? Bull Shit

Sorry guys but if you win the damn thing on the bike nobody in cyber land should have anything to say about it.

Ignoranus-def: someone who is stupid and an asshole.
akrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #410
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,539
Outstanding job!

The FB thing's a weird twist. I don't even have one of those accounts so somebody vote a shitload of times in my honor!

Odd how social media is a big deal for BM and more so that FB is their preferred avenue. BM Tucson is on FB, TMS is on FB, BM Milwaukee is on FB. I assumed that group would be a totally different demographic and one that didn't necessarily have any interest in a psuedo mule-ish and eclectic euro travel bike. Putting FB skills on equal footing with riding skills though, sheesh. Must've been the final drive and ignition antenna goof that came up w/ that one.

Helmut: Jah, let's give der sizzle to one customer for free and sell der steak to another et ze premium.
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #411
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
The FB thing's a weird twist. I don't even have one of those accounts so somebody vote a shitload of times in my honor!
I don’t have a FB account either & I ain’t gonna get one. Already spend too much time on here & some other boards. Don’t need another place on the web to waste time. It also seems like FB gets hacked a lot & causes people trouble.
Post 401
Quote:
Also for everyone there is going to be a special page to vote for the top three put up sometime today we were told.
Jim Hyde said he will e-mail out the link as soon as he get's it and I will post it here if I somebody doesn't beat me to it.
Special page to vote? Not on FB? Is it out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
Putting FB skills on equal footing with riding skills though, sheesh. Must've been the final drive and ignition antenna goof that came up w/ that one.
Yeah, that’s pretty lame & goofy as hell. Like somebody said, big ad for BMW.

Good job, Chad! Keep it up!

Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #412
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,059
THE FACEBOOK THING IS BAD ENOUGH BUT........ON THE LOG PART OF THE "CHALLENGE" WAS THAT THE FURTHER THE FRONT TIRE STAYED ON THE LOG, THE MORE POINTS YOU GOT (BACK TIRE COULD GO ANYWHERE) THE GUY WHO GOT FIRST ROLLED UP, PUT HIS FRONT TIRE ON THE LOG, AND PROCEEDED TO DUCK WALK THE WHOLE POLE (LOOKED LIKE A RENTAL HARLEY GOING DOWN MAIN IN STURGIS, IF 'YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN) I GUESS THERE WERE MORE POINTS GARNERED ON THE LENGTH OF THE POLE THAN THE 200 DABS HE DID! WTF? EVERYONE ELSE TRIED TO DO IT IN WHAT I CONSIDERED THE SPIRIT OF THE CHALLENGE. DON'T GET ME WRONG, THE GUY WAS A VERY TALENTED RIDER, BUT HAD CHAD CHOSEN THE PUSSY WAY OF DOING IT, THE RESULTS WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT. JUST SAYIN'.
IT HAD KHUDDY AND I BOTH WONDERING HOW THAT WORKED.

BTW THE ALASKA CONTINGENT HAD THE LARGEST AND MOST HANDSOME CHEERING SECTION THERE!!!!!!!!
AND THE MAXI-SHUTTLE DID HER JOB QUITE WELL I MIGHT ADD...WE HAD A BALL!
MAXI HAS HER NOSE POINTED EAST TOWARD THE GRAND CHILD, AND OH, HER PARENTS AT FT RILEY, KS. SAFE JOURNEYS TO ALL!

GRIZ screwed with this post 09-25-2012 at 07:10 AM
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #413
Harry Swan
One more time

Oddometer: 1,095
They had two competitions, Moab and South Carolina, and no way to compare who of the top finishers deserved to be the top three going to South America. I'm assuming they're looking at the top two finishers in each competition to get the top four. I hope. So what to do? How about letting one of the ad men figure it out! Of course, social media, Facebook! Hopefully we won't need a facebook account to vote. It's a giant pain in the ass but if justice is to be done, Chad needs to get more votes and more noise than the others. It's what we have to do. As soon as the page appears we need for Chad's sake to dive into our address books and tell everyone we know to vote for him. Maybe next year they can name a czar to do it. I'd vote for Jim Hyde.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #414
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Swan View Post
Maybe next year they can name a czar to do it. I'd vote for Jim Hyde.
So, Harry, who is this Jim Hyde guy?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #415
Harry Swan
One more time

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S View Post
So, Harry, who is this Jim Hyde guy?
Hi, Tom,

Mr. Hyde of RawHyde Adventures. He's the one who put the GS Trophy Challenge together in Moab and in 2010 in SoCal. I'd trust him to make the right choice. Pretty sure Chad would agree. BTW, I vote you guys buy and 1//2 bury a 30' telephone pole up there! That damn pole/log that Griz mentioned is worth way too many points in competition! Maybe set up a course to practice on. Pretty much know what it's going to be with two competitions under the proverbial belt.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #416
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Quote:
BTW, I vote you guys buy and 1//2 bury a 30' telephone pole up there!
After his first Rawhide I had Hacky over her looking at all the big trees blown down in my yard. Offered to try to set him up with an old power pole from one of my electric power line contractor contacts. Nothing ever came of it though.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #417
Solarmoose
electric

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
They had two competitions, Moab and South Carolina, and no way to compare who of the top finishers deserved to be the top three going to South America. I'm assuming they're looking at the top two finishers in each competition to get the top four. I hope. So what to do? How about letting one of the ad men figure it out! Of course, social media, Facebook! Hopefully we won't need a facebook account to vote. It's a giant pain in the ass but if justice is to be done, Chad needs to get more votes and more noise than the others. It's what we have to do. As soon as the page appears we need for Chad's sake to dive into our address books and tell everyone we know to vote for him. Maybe next year they can name a czar to do it. I'd vote for Jim Hyde.
Thanks for the info, I'll vote on FB as soon as we know the location.
Not that I particularly like FB or post much but, my kids, nieces, nephews all
use FB so its useful for me to keep up with them.
Solarmoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #418
Boulder Ed
Bin Ridin

Oddometer: 819
[QUOTE=HackyMoto;19666239]Hi peeps, had a great time in Moab, met alot of nice people at the challenge. The rock formations and trail systems are just awesome. When we arrived I got invited by Shannon, one of the trophy winners from the last challenge to ride along on a little trail ride, little did I know. Went through Kane Canyon that must be rated triple black deep sand washes rock ledges, lifting the bikes up rock walls the cool down dip at the waterfall was awesome. Through 26ish miles that took all day. It was all good it got me tuned-up for the challenge Thanks Shannon
Day one of the challenge I hooked up with TheSeeker and JT. Team Ak. what a awesome time thanks guys.
Day two the trophy challenge was set up at the moto-x track all per B.M.W. specs. all participants used the F-800.
More later need to hit the road.
Thanks again everybody for the support in helping me on this adventure

The rocky sections of Kane creek are tough on my WR450! But of course, there is no lifting required on the small bikes! You rock Chad. If you ever get a chance, being out in that lack of neck of the woods again, turn out off the end of Kane Creek and do Lockhart Basin, which is one of our favorite rides out there.

I hope you get into the big events, again, awesome job.

"Terrorizing small animals on the road since 1971"
Boulder Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #419
HackyMoto
TEAMUSAGSTROPHY2012

Oddometer: 1,053
Hi all The voting page is up and running.

NOTE: I'm at the bottom of the page. If you click on Anyone's pic. YOU HAVE JUST VOTED! So be careful how you scroll.

The linky..
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BMWMotorradUSA

Thanks all. We are still on the road till Oct.1.

Sponsor
alaskaleather.com

Join Smugmug save 5 bucks coupon(uADB4GsV1gfKM)
HackyMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #420
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,508
Done! Good luck Hacky!

You deserve to go!

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote