Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #46
sierraoffroad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,326
thanks man. i just have to wait for the folks in Cali to wake up so i can phone my order in from the east coast. i definately want euro beams
sierraoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #47
DJFireUSA
2Fast4U

Oddometer: 308
I am sending off mine. They lasted less than a week in Alaska.

Talked to Cali and they said they would take care of it and to send the units to them.

I am purchasing another set, but thought I would share my lil story.

They were installed on the front rotor covers of my goldwing while in Alaska. (Similar location to the moto lights.)

I am not sure what bearing it has, but now you know where they were installed and how they were used.

Flying to Omaha on Wednesday (this week) to buy goldwing and drive her back to FL. Expect to be in Gap area Thursday and some of Friday. Going to buy another set of these lights so I can use them specifically at the gap. If anybody wants to meet up with me, just e-mail me at firefitr@cxp.com

~Doug
Youtube.com - search for DJFireUSA
DJFireUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:25 AM   #48
fiep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,931
finally

fiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #49
sierraoffroad
Beastly Adventurer

i bought one solstice visionx 2" led in the euro pattern and rec'd it yesterday. it was 100.00 plus 10.00 shipping from these guys who were nice to deal with :

Jeff Goldsmith, President
Intense Fabrication INC.
26845 Oak Ave #4
Santa Clarita, CA 91351
661-252-3776

i installed the light on my H&B crashbars on my wee yesterday when it came in the mail. this is one beefy light. it weighs atleast a pound and is solidly constructed. the euro beam is great providing punch with side spill. i can't believe the amount of light this thing puts out. i'm saving my overtime to get another one.

Jeff at intense fabrication took my order and was very nice.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #50
AngryScot

Oddometer: 18,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaereth
Thanks for the write up Fritz. I hope your fan club didn't bother you to much about it. We are just...umm...enthusiastic.

I know you showed us a pic of your switch previously...could you perhaps tell us what it is and where you got it from?

Thanks again.
interested in where you got this switch, what does the kill button do

AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #51
frtzl OP
Mors longa, vita brevis

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
interested in where you got this switch, what does the kill button do

The switch is here:

http://www.trailtech.net/040-HBS-02.html

The "Kill" button is a simple momentary connection, which I suppose is intended for use with a horn or an engine-kill relay. I considered wiring it so that I could easily flash my driving lights, but the resulting spaghetti was too much of a headache. Presently I have not connected this button to anything and just taped off the leads so that they're out of the way.

A quick note on this switch: it's water resistant, but not waterproof! When I was coming back from Canada I got caught in some extended, ferocious storms in Quebec and Vermont. At some point the switch got waterlogged and started shorting out and doing weird things. Manually switching it off solved the weirdness, but turned off my lights, too! I should also note that these same storms waterlogged my Centech relay (30A auto relay from Radio Shack mounted on top of the master relay), so that it never actually disengaged even after the CANBus turned off. No major problem for me since I had the manual "Off" option for my lights. Normal function returned once everything dried out.

These were extreme circumstances and other more normal rain days have not caused the same problems.

Fritz

My rides:
2009 BMW F650GS (The Cruise Basselope)
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Sold due to new commute)
2000 BMW R1100R (Blaue Engel) (Traded)
2006 DL650 Euro Black, lightly customized (Godzuki) (Sold)
frtzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #52
sierraoffroad
Beastly Adventurer

Thumb

these little lights are amazingly bright. i only bought and installed one. when riding around town on a cloudy afternoon last week my friend said he could see the solstice vision x light before my headlights. he was in the oncoming lane.

I just ordered another one to complete my lighting needs on the weestrom. I spoke with Jeff at intense fabrication and he mentioned the euro is a better light than going with the flood beam if you want more useable light down the road.

i may buy a flood to mount on my garden tractor now that the days are getting shorter and my grass keeps growing.

sorry to hear about your switch FRTZL. i use a basic toggle switch from the hardware store that is surface mount. i purchased a seperate waterproof cover for it and sprayed wd 40 inside it to keep the moisture out and keep the switch working. i really like the handlebar mount switches, but it seems they tend to crap out.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #53
Wannabe2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
There is another thread on thumper talk about these http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=831079
a little birdie told me that www.visionxstore.com has secret discount coupon for the Offroad Expo coming up "ore" gives a 10% discount at checkout for all purchases.

also found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLZipABHNQg
Wannabe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:38 AM   #54
sierraoffroad
Beastly Adventurer

with 10% discount code on that site, intense fabrication is still cheaper by 10.00.

the wiring harnes looks nice, but i made my own w/inline waterproof fuse holder from the auto parts store.

i can't believe how fast insense fabrication works. i called monday to order another euro beam and they were out of stock. today i rec'd an email that their shipment was coming in today and my light will be heading out to me asap. good service.

sierraoffroad screwed with this post 10-08-2009 at 09:22 AM
Old 11-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #55
mervingry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
I'm curious where they get their LED bulbs, and whether they could be used to replace the halogen MR16 bulbs in my Motolights
mervingry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #56
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervingry
I'm curious where they get their LED bulbs, and whether they could be used to replace the halogen MR16 bulbs in my Motolights
I've installed both, and as far as I can tell, no, you could not just swap out the bulbs.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #57
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,217
There is a company that makes LED MR16 bulbs that are 9W each.

3 LED 3 Watt High Output MR16 LED Spot Lamp

http://www.ledliquidatorsinc.com/MR1...light_bulb.php

They also make a 9W model w/ 3 Cree LEDs

I retrofitted them to a generic MR16 fog light set up on my KTM950. The lights are wonderful for conspicuous, but not so great for actual night time light projection.

Here is where I got the idea from:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...highlight=mr16

Yellow Pig screwed with this post 11-27-2009 at 09:53 AM
Yellow Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #58
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,217
Here is a pic of them in bright day light, note that the main headlight is a 4800K HID:

Old 11-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #59
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,569
On a K1300GT

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #60
Wannabe2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
I love the ingenuity of the homemade LED lights, using the 3-LED MR16 bulb. That KLR thread is awesome, I am very impressed with everything that guy does.

If you don't have a full machine shop, and a lot of spare time, then consider the VisionX 10watt, 900 lumen Solstice Solo light. These are simple bolt on, 2-wire hookup. Water proof, lifetime warranty. With the "advr" discount on visionxstore.com, the cost is just under $108 each.