ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #541
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post

Damn...and I was so looking forward to a good lynching.

So you're saying it's in Lynchburg???

Who knew???
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #542
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
So you're saying it's in Lynchburg???

Who knew???
Maybe. You're too good at solving clues. Now I have add this disclaimer...


Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh
Damn...and I was so looking forward to a good lynching.
EDIT: This is NOT a clue.

It would be funny if it was in Lynchburg!
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #543
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Maybe. You're too good at solving clues. Now I have add this disclaimer...




EDIT: This is NOT a clue.

It would be funny if it was in Lynchburg!
It's not.... Just got back from there... Checked the three rock buildings there...
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #544
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 33,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
I don't think resetting the tag is a mob reaction at all. Are we going to wait another three days for him to possibly come back online and most likely not give any substantial clues? Then what,,, wait another 3 days?? Maybe if he explained how he came up with the "clue" in his first tag we would better know how his brain works and possibly figure out the last clue. By resetting the tag it shows that his antics won't be accepted.

Like has been already said ,,, it's about the ride!

Yeah, actually we might. The guy is going to get fair treatment. Do you know if his actions are "antics?" I don't.

You've got a tag all ready to go, and that may be what happens, but between you and QAZ, you are the one who truly broke the rules and spirit of the game by unilaterally deciding that you were going to push him to the side and take over.

So, in the words of a wise man. "Dude... chill out."
__________________
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #545
Boatman
Take me down bitch!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 10,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
Yeah, actually we might. The guy is going to get fair treatment. Do you know if his actions are "antics?" I don't.

You've got a tag all ready to go, and that may be what happens, but between you and QAZ, you are the one who truly broke the rules and spirit of the game by unilaterally deciding that you were going to push him to the side and take over.

So, in the words of a wise man. "Dude... chill out."

You know,,, every time you have PM'd me over this or other things you have the attitude that the world is coming to end. This website and games herein are meant to be fun. There are way more important things in the world to get your panties in a twist about than this. I had fully intended on deleting the pics I posted when I returned home from my ride. It was friggin' joke so again I say chill out.

__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #546
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
It's not.... Just got back from there... Checked the three rock buildings there...
Maybe it's spelled different. Maybe it's Lunchburg. Or Blintzburg. Or Hopewell.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #547
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am
 
Retro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 33,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
You know,,, every time you have PM'd me over this or other things you have the attitude that the world is coming to end. This website and games herein are meant to be fun. There are way more important things in the world to get your panties in a twist about than this. I had fully intended on deleting the pics I posted when I returned home from my ride. It was friggin' joke so again I say chill out.


Why not just delete them when asked? You were online and surfing the site, not out for a ride. No need to make up a story.
__________________
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #548
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,099
This one time (Ermmm every time) at ADV camp, everyone got drunk...


And then some Damn Moran set off a cannon.....
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #549
now it's just Al
Beastly Adventurer
 
now it's just Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk62cj5 View Post
I haven't found a map to Qaz's tag yet.
Dang it Hawk, I was counting on ya!


I can't play anywho. In Springfield with a grandpup at State All Star Baseball Championships.
__________________
"We're too complacent here to mount anything more than an assault on the nearest dollar menu." HBurgNinja
"Whaddaya mean I aint a typical harley rider? Im the biggest, baddest, meanest, uglest, harley rider there ever was.... right after Ive finished my honeydo list. " Confidential Right?
now it's just Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #550
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,965
Not trying to fan the flames, and I probably missed it, but has a deadline been set for Mr. QaZ to provide additional, awesome clues?
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #551
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer
 
STBNE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Southern Comfort
Oddometer: 6,345
been following along myself and i am appalled...in most other games you're given 24 hours to provide a new tga after a grab and sufficient clues to go after it...you have been more than patient...but you're stuck until you all retake control of the game...polite or not its time to take charge and move the game along.Its time to think of the greater good to all participants and not just one noob...jerk
__________________
1979 Yamaha XS1100F "Swampthing"
Go Your Own Way
"Never too Far...Never too cold...Never too wet..." Moonshine Lunch Run Mantra... RIP Terry Hammond
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #552
Boatman
Take me down bitch!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 10,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
Why not just delete them when asked? You were online and surfing the site, not out for a ride. No need to make up a story.
Just to keep beating the head horse here are the facts...

- Left my house at approx. 0845 and headed toward Kelly Ford
- stopped for a cup of coffee at the 7-11 in Nokesville
- arrived at Kelly Ford around 1030, took the pic and not strong enough signal to upload
- went to the McD's in Bealton to upload and have another cup of coffee
- arrived at the Spilman Homestead site about 1145, uploaded pic and talked to my wife on the phone for a few minutes
- arrived back home approx. 1300
- surfed ADV while I was answering business emails and PMs
- deleted the pics

There was no story to be made up.
__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #553
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
been following along myself and i am appalled...in most other games you're given 24 hours to provide a new tga after a grab and sufficient clues to go after it...you have been more than patient...but you're stuck until you all retake control of the game...polite or not its time to take charge and move the game along.Its time to think of the greater good to all participants and not just one noob...jerk
I agree. He hasn't even logged on since the 15th and not saying that there's not a good reason for that, but in all the tag games I play, I'm checking to see if anyone has grabbed one I placed or if I posted shitty clues or whatever. Even if there is/are extenuating circumstances preventing him from being able to do anything about it now, the weather is decent for the next 24-36 hours and then I think we're right back in the rain.

For whatever reason, the VA game is one of the more slowly moving games that I play/follow and things like this do way more to hurt than help that.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #554
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer
 
STBNE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Southern Comfort
Oddometer: 6,345
well for whatever reasons the VA game is the dumbest game on ADV at least of the TORs' i follow...this one takes the cake...
__________________
1979 Yamaha XS1100F "Swampthing"
Go Your Own Way
"Never too Far...Never too cold...Never too wet..." Moonshine Lunch Run Mantra... RIP Terry Hammond
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #555
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
KingJarhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Not at Work...Pinnacle, NC
Oddometer: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
I agree. He hasn't even logged on since the 15th and not saying that there's not a good reason for that, but in all the tag games I play, I'm checking to see if anyone has grabbed one I placed or if I posted shitty clues or whatever. Even if there is/are extenuating circumstances preventing him from being able to do anything about it now, the weather is decent for the next 24-36 hours and then I think we're right back in the rain.

For whatever reason, the VA game is one of the more slowly moving games that I play/follow and things like this do way more to hurt than help that.
You think this is slow... Follow the WVtor...with the awesome roads/riding there, a lack of players kills that game. Must be too busy navigating the twisted than to stop and take a photo.
The Roanoke RAT was picked up 3 days ago and still not dropped... Days past the time limit.
The NCtor is dead also...must be in the air.
The NCNCtar is available
The Appalachian tag is available and in Virginia
Fortunately there are plenty of games to play.

Can there be a team effort to try and find this tag?
I guess the ribbing QAZ received on his Forest tag clues struck a cord..
__________________
--------------------------------------------
"There are 2 types of motorcycle riders, those that have wrecked and those that will wreck" - My Dad
KingJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014