ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #556
Hawk62cj5
2 Cheap 4 a KLR

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarhead View Post
You think this is slow... Follow the WVtor...with the awesome roads/riding there, a lack of players kills that game. Must be too busy navigating the twisted than to stop and take a photo.
The Roanoke RAT was picked up 3 days ago and still not dropped... Days past the time limit.
The NCtor is dead also...must be in the air.
The NCNCtar is available
The Appalachian tag is available and in Virginia
Fortunately there are plenty of games to play.

Can there be a team effort to try and find this tag?
I guess the ribbing QAZ received on his Forest tag clues struck a cord..

Ive been looking but no luck yet . To me it looks like a spring house for a road side spring so Ive been looking for stuff related to that in google and bing web and image searches .

Anyone know about where QAZ lives then we can at lest narrow the search area . He took his small "bike" not his big bike so if I had to guess he made a short run to make the tag , most likely not in the same direction as the grab because he would have made it on the way in ..... just typing out loud ..
Hawk62cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #557
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
in all the tag games I play, I'm checking to see if anyone has grabbed one I placed or if I posted shitty clues or whatever.

That should be a given for anyone playing. Whoever sets a tag is obligated to make sure his clues gets figured out by keeping an eye on the game until his tag is no longer in play. Not just set it and forget it.

For whatever reason, the VA game is one of the more slowly moving games that I play/follow and things like this do way more to hurt than help that.
Its a big state! All the local tag games have slowed over the last year or so. Maybe people working more, other obligations, whatever. I know I haven'[t had much fee time to tag for the last year.

I can see everyone's point on moving the game ahead but I can also see why Retro wants to do this his way. If people started posting new grabs and tags when they can't figure out the clues(hard clues or not, even though others can) it would turn into a huge free for all.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #558
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 33,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Not trying to fan the flames, and I probably missed it, but has a deadline been set for Mr. QaZ to provide additional, awesome clues?
I think we need to.

So, let's say that if he doesn't add any reasonable, clues by Saturday at noon then Boatman or anyone else is free to grab that tag and put up a new one.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:56 AM   #559
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 4,900
At least nobody in this game has made a grab and placed a new tag, then got pissed off by an innocuous comment by another player and deleted the grab & tag and all his posts in the TOR thread for the past year.

There is no odometer when it comes to pie - VACommuter
$5 Smug Mug coupon
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #560
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
well for whatever reasons the VA game is the dumbest game on ADV at least of the TORs' i follow...this one takes the cake...
Then care to explain why you waste your time following it and posting to both threads?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #561
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
I think we need to.

So, let's say that if he doesn't add any reasonable, clues by Saturday at noon then Boatman or anyone else is free to grab that tag and put up a new one.
The showdown is set for Saturday at high noon!

Damn, could you make it this evening? I have to work all day Saturday.

J/K!

Old 07-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #562
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Quote:
been following along myself and i am appalled...in most other games you're given 24 hours to provide a new tga after a grab and sufficient clues to go after it...you have been more than patient...but you're stuck until you all retake control of the game...polite or not its time to take charge and move the game along.Its time to think of the greater good to all participants and not just one noob...jerk
I think we'll need to tweak the game again. We had to add the 72 hour rule when a player grabbed a tag and then didn't post for several days.

So, weigh in on a time limit. I'm thinking that if you post really insufficient clues, meaning nobody can figure it out and there is consensus on that, then the tag becomes open again.

We suffer through the first time and then tweak things so it doesn't happen again, but a process needs to be followed.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #563
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Then care to explain why you waste your time following it and posting to both threads?
normally i dont but the locals were discussing it so I had to see the inanity myself...
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #564
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
normally i dont but the locals were discussing it so I had to see the inanity myself...
Curiosity killed the Avatar!

Retro, how was 72 hours established before? I think 48 hours would/should be more than enough time, even moving it across the State.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #565
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
Just to keep beating the head horse here are the facts...

- Left my house at approx. 0845 and headed toward Kelly Ford
- stopped for a cup of coffee at the 7-11 in Nokesville
- arrived at Kelly Ford around 1030, took the pic and not strong enough signal to upload
- went to the McD's in Bealton to upload and have another cup of coffee
- arrived at the Spilman Homestead site about 1145, uploaded pic and talked to my wife on the phone for a few minutes
- arrived back home approx. 1300
- surfed ADV while I was answering business emails and PMs
- deleted the pics

There was no story to be made up.
You were online when I sent you the first PM. It would have taken you 30 seconds and I waited almost an hour before sending you a follow-up.

When I saw that you were going from thread to thread for almost an hour after receiving the PM, but had not deleted the photos I sent the follow up. Maybe you were enjoying the delay, but it would have been a bad thing if someone would have gotten your "new" tag.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #566
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Quote:
Can there be a team effort to try and find this tag?
I guess the ribbing QAZ received on his Forest tag clues struck a cord..
Yes. There have been team grabs before, and like I said earlier, in this case feel free to out the tag if you know where it is.

QAZ's clues are not acceptable.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #567
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Quote:
I feel the same way every time I go back into CSM.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #568
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk62cj5 View Post
Ive been looking but no luck yet . To me it looks like a spring house for a road side spring so Ive been looking for stuff related to that in google and bing web and image searches .

Anyone know about where QAZ lives then we can at lest narrow the search area . He took his small "bike" not his big bike so if I had to guess he made a short run to make the tag , most likely not in the same direction as the grab because he would have made it on the way in ..... just typing out loud ..
QAZ said a 4hr trip to grab KELLY ford tag, assuming roundtrip. I Assuming Lynchburg as the hub.
I found a Mt. Airy, Va east of Greta on Rt40...nothing on google plus it is spelled the same.
But still nothing
Old 07-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #569
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,799
Quote:
Curiosity killed the Avatar!

Retro, how was 72 hours established before? I think 48 hours would/should be more than enough time, even moving it across the State.
LOL pls dont take it personally...its just that the rules are dumb and the times allowed are excessive...and the stupid rules abt chatter and ppl complaining they are confused about multiple pictures that add history or meaningful content to the game or even give a useful hint...
I have played some very competitive TOR's where things move constantly and if they dont there had better be a good reason or the game will be moved along...
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #570
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Quote:
QAZ said a 4hr trip to grab KELLY ford tag, assuming roundtrip. I Assuming Lynchburg as the hub.
I found a Mt. Airy, Va east of Greta on Rt40...nothing on google plus it is spelled the same.
But still nothing
I think you're right. That area of Virginia does seem to be his stomping ground.