ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #586
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
Can you elaborate?

A week to make the clue better, or a week for someone to figure it out?

A week seems too long, since all the OP needs to do is log in and view the thread.
To elaborate:

I thought a longer time is more appropriate because some do work and travel. Not all are fortunate to have a smarty phone to stay in constant contact with Advrider. Though we all should be. Some connections go down. The week would be for a response once the tag is places. As long as the citizen placing the tag is ansering the questions then the tag wold stay in place.

So loggin in is not always easy. Been there. Also a thought sometimes the tags will sit because of no action or interest. Then say I an lurking and cannot find it or am too lazy to travel all the way across the state can I set up a new tag or is this justification to set up a new tag?

Who know maybe someone here knows where the tag is but is not saying because they want to grab it Sunday. Disclaimer: Is is not I.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #587
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 33,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
To elaborate:

I thought a longer time is more appropriate because some do work and travel. Not all are fortunate to have a smarty phone to stay in constant contact with Advrider. Though we all should be. Some connections go down. The week would be for a response once the tag is places. As long as the citizen placing the tag is ansering the questions then the tag wold stay in place.

So loggin in is not always easy. Been there. Also a thought sometimes the tags will sit because of no action or interest. Then say I an lurking and cannot find it or am too lazy to travel all the way across the state can I set up a new tag or is this justification to set up a new tag?

Who know maybe someone here knows where the tag is but is not saying because they want to grab it Sunday. Disclaimer: Is is not I.
In this case, that would mean that QAZ's tag, and "clue" would not be able to be challenged for a week, but could be replaced after a week of no improvement.

Thoughts?

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #588
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,970
Quote:
I think we'll need to tweak the game again. We had to add the 72 hour rule when a player grabbed a tag and then didn't post for several days.

So, weigh in on a time limit. I'm thinking that if you post really insufficient clues, meaning nobody can figure it out and there is consensus on that, then the tag becomes open again.

We suffer through the first time and then tweak things so it doesn't happen again, but a process needs to be followed.

12 hours, but allow file tags to post new tags.

Again, I know I'm beating an essentially dead horse, but I've got some awesome pics in VA that I can't use. Like, you know, ever. And I DID ride to get them in the first place.

/whine off

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #589
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,180
My gut felling is this is an isolated case so trying to make up a rule for it is like chasing your tail. About to only fair rule you can come up with is a period of time in which the dropper is unresponsive. Make an official poll thread with a couple choices of what to do in the future. Tomorrow is day 5,,,, tag on.

Just my .02

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #590
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarhead View Post
QAZ said a 4hr trip to grab KELLY ford tag, assuming roundtrip. I Assuming Lynchburg as the hub.
I found a Mt. Airy, Va east of Greta on Rt40...nothing on google plus it is spelled the same.
But still nothing
I found where he lives pretty easily by looking at the EXIF data from his pic and binggoogling from there. Not posting it here for obvious reasons. Didn't drill down beyond the town name.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #591
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
I prefer two wheels, no road.. Less idiots to dodge.
You obviously haven't seen the video of the guy dressed up as a Ninja in a VCHSS race a year or two ago...

Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #592
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
My gut felling is this is an isolated case so trying to make up a rule for it is like chasing your tail. About to only fair rule you can come up with is a period of time in which the dropper is unresponsive. Make an official poll thread with a couple choices of what to do in the future. Tomorrow is day 5,,,, tag on.

Just my .02
Absolutely. This game has existed without much in the way of changes, but I think a new standard needs to be implemented.

It is a real pain to strip a poll from a thread after it's been used, so rather than do an official poll, let's hear the option people like.

Option A. Poster who posts insufficient clues has 12 hours from the time a complaint is made to address the situation or the tag becomes live again.

Option B. Poster who posts insufficient clues has 24 hours from the time a complaint is made to address the situation or the tag becomes live again.

Option C. Poster who posts insufficient clues has 1 week from the time a complaint is made to address the situation or the tag becomes live again.

Option D. If you choose D, you have to tell us what your proposal is.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #593
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,913
B
Old 07-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #594
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Absolutely. This game has existed without much in the way of changes, but I think a new standard needs to be implemented.

It is a real pain to strip a poll from a thread after it's been used, so rather than do an official poll, let's hear the option people like.

Option A. Poster who posts insufficient clues has 12 hours from the time a complaint is made to address the situation or the tag becomes live again.

Option B. Poster who posts insufficient clues has 24 hours from the time a complaint is made to address the situation or the tag becomes live again.

Option C. Poster who posts insufficient clues has 1 week from the time a complaint is made to address the situation or the tag becomes live again.

Option D. If you choose D, you have to tell us what your proposal is.
I'm all for keeping this game, and all games moving. It gives me more opportunities to play. In that spirit, I think Option A would be best, but realize that not everyone gets on here as frequently as every 12 hours. Sometimes, it's just not practical. That being said, I think if you're an active tagger and you've got one being chased, it's your responsibility to make sure it's not causing problems. That's the main reason I try to make the clues pretty simple. I'll bingoogle my own clues to make sure they work. If not, I'll post a giveaway clue at the bottom that folks that don't feel like spending valuable riding time playing internet detective can use. And with all THAT being said, I think Option B is probably the most realistic. If someone checks ADV at a certain time each day, that'll give them the opportunity to see it. A week is ridiculous.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #595
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,930
I didn't see the standard option I always vote for in Jo Momma poll's so I'll go with "B" also. Now that I've had time to think about it, 12 hours is too short.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #596
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
B
DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #597
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 6,356
Option B...
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #598
Hawk62cj5
2 Cheap 4 a KLR

Oddometer: 584
B.
A day is fair ,I would hate to come home after a seventeen hour work day to see I lost a tag I grabbed that morning on the way in
Hawk62cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #599
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,099
Option B. Your mom.

:-)
Old 07-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #600
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

So, in case you haven't been to the tag thread, he botched the clue as well.

He thought he was in Rawley, VA. Get it? Raleigh, NC.

Too bad it's actually Rawley Springs, VA.

The new rule is needed though. Looks like 24 hours for insufficient clues.