User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
Mike_K OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Little Trip from Cologne to Black Forest at September 2009

This is my first ride report. It´s only about a little trip from Cologne to Black Forest, a very nice area for riding motorbike. I ride with a friend for only four days. We planned one week, but in the afternoon of the second day it began to rain and doesn´t stop, so we slept in a wet tent and the clothes of my friend are all wet, too. And for me it wasn´t funny too, to ride through the rain all the day.

I hope you will enjoy the few photos anyway.

I start at home in Kerpen, to drive to my friend to pick her up. She´s shy, sometimes, so I can´t show pics of her in this report. She live in Leichlingen, near Cologne. From there we ride on the Motorway :( But we didn´t want spend too much time on boring roads.

My CB-500S. Looks like an overloaded lorry!

Our first stop.

In the near of Baden Baden, we leave the Motorway with the intention to ride a lot of KM´s on the nice streets around Baden Baden to the campground. After a break we want to go ahead. My friend lost control and she and her BMW fell to the side. It was a show of strength to put the bike on its wheels. If I think about it i start to sweat again.
Nothing happens, except for the right mirror of the BMW was loose. She want to go to BMW Dealer, because we didn´t had the right tools. So the torture begins.
She was very nervous, because she rode only tree months at this time an the fell of was her first. I drove behind her, becaus she had the GPS. Sometimes I saw her in the Moat or in the opposing traffic. After a break she came down. We rode from one traffic jam to the next. The guys of BMW are very cool and we left BMW very fast. For a change we drove from traffic jam to traffic jam.
At 08.00 pm we reached a beautiful campingground at Bühltal.

At the next morning we slept till lunch and after a round of swimmig we start to load the bikes. It was very very hot and I get a sunstroke. After one hour of driving I was fit an we enjoyed a lot of the great streets between Baden Baden and Freiburg. We also ride the best passage I´ve ever rode. The Schwarzwaldhochstraße.

View from the "Schwarzwaldhochstraße"!

In the small building you get "Heilwasser" that helps you against illness and boost your fitness. And it taste very very good!

Wonderful. We rode throug a lot of small countries. At the evening it began to rain. We start to look for a campingground. Because of the GPS we strayed a one hour to campinggrounds which must exist as GPS. We reached Donaueschingen. A few years ago I was for holiday there and I knowed a campingground there. The rain doesn´t stop and so we built up our tent in the rain. We didn´t change our clothes, because everything was wet. Clothes, sleeping bags, the inside of the tent, everything. It was a cold night.

Triberg falls!

Germany biggest "Kuckucksuhr"! ;)

View to the Black Forest

My biggest love! ;)

At the next morning we started to Triberg and visited Germanys biggest water falls and the biggest "Kuckucksuhr" worldwide. The we want to go to the Schluchsee. But the rain stopped us. We drove to Titisse-Neustadt. In the few ours it doesn´t rain we walk through Titisee and then we went to the campground. Our last one for this trip. After we build up the tent, it starts to rain. At the next morning it was raining too. And in the radio they tell us, that this wouldn´t change the next days.
My friend was nerved and I a little bit too, so we decided to leave the Black Forest an drove home. From Traffic Jam to traffic Jam.

The Black Forest is a very nice area to ride and have wonderfuls landscapes. Next Year I try again to ride there! :)
Old 11-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
zadok
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 988
Very nice.

http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbu...4275.html?sl=z
zadok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,155
Very nice report!

That is lovely country indeed. I had the pleasure of passing through there in a rental car some years ago. We stopped at that same spring. As I remember, there are a several towns with famous mineral waters around there. I still have some Christmas decorations I picked up in a Black Forest village.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #4
kanhulk13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
There is an article in most recent month of "BIKE" magazine (UK) where they describe the Shwarzwaldhochstrasse. They were comparing the Kawasaki ZZR1400/ BMW K1300S / Suzuki Hayabusa at extremely high speeds...

Can you ride the Schwarzwaldhochstrasse on weekends too, or is it restricted? (many 'forest' roads are restricted in Germany on weekends)

Sounds like a great place for a ride...I plan on doing it next spring.
kanhulk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
Mike_K OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhulk13
Can you ride the Schwarzwaldhochstrasse on weekends too, or is it restricted? (many 'forest' roads are restricted in Germany on weekends)

Sounds like a great place for a ride...I plan on doing it next spring.
It is a great place for riding!!! :) I don´t think that it is a restricted area but if you have the possibility, ride there on a week day!

Regards Mike :)
Old 11-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #6
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,364
Great riding you have there!! Thanks for the report and great pics
Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 AM   #7
Thorne
Sherpa-ing around

Oddometer: 1,204
Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote