User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
5Chord OP
No Short-Term Memory

Oddometer: 1,016
Eastchester NY to Whiteford MD on a Xcountry for the 4th

What a great weekend for a ride:-) My cousin Martha had her Annual 4th of July BBQ Bash.........I never miss it. It's such a family tradition that my sister got married there on the 4th in '06.

I got on the road by 8am and had the New Jersey Turnpike to myself. I just got a new Fieldsheer summer jacket and it was perfect for the ride. The little Beemer was running as smooth on the highway as she ever did. I've been playing with the rear shock pre-load and it was dialed in nicely.

While Crossing the George Washington Bridge, the Delaware Memorial Bridge and the (I have no idea what it's called) bridge that crosses the Susquehanna river were incredibly scenic, the true ride began when I left 95.

Rt 155 to 161 to 1 to 440 to 136 and finally Prospect Rd was pure two lane heaven.
Attached Images

5Chord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
5Chord OP
No Short-Term Memory

I got there a bit early..........My cousin said he was at a neighbors house....get this.......shooting guns with a bunch of Japanese men. OK.
Attached Images

5Chord screwed with this post 07-06-2009 at 05:18 AM
Old 07-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
5Chord OP
No Short-Term Memory

It turns out they are visiting workers at the Lockheed Martin factory and were invited out for a day in the country at my Cousin's friend's farm. The Japanese are not allowed to have guns in their country so it's a real treat for them. The hosts had a variety of guns for them to shoot; mostly handguns and hunting rifles. They were all real nice, but knew almost no English. Here's a fellow (Can't pronounce or spell his name) sitting on my bike.
Attached Images

5Chord screwed with this post 07-06-2009 at 05:23 AM
Old 07-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
5Chord OP
No Short-Term Memory

The party was great, woke Sunday morning and we got a late start getting home......Lot's of congestion on the New Jersey Turnpike but I would have none of it. I rode in the breakdown lane and got lucky. All in all 430.1 Smiles
Attached Images