ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #4426
fallingoff
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: syd oz
Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I am sort of a WWII amateur historian specializing in military equipment. Mainly German as my father's side of the family came from Bavaria in the 1890's. In fact my screen name, Royal Tiger, is the Allies name for the Panzkerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Konigstiger, or King Tiger. The first 50 had turrets built by Porsche, the rest used a Henschel turret. My main focus is armor and aircraft, but the Naval banners have always held an appeal to me. The one I use as an avatar is a Kreigsmarine flag from the 1920's. There was a more formal version where the flag I used moved to the upper left field:

sorry mate a royal tiger was a bus i used to drive, leyland i think.

tank much cooler though

cheers
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #4427
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingoff View Post
sorry mate a royal tiger was a bus i used to drive, leyland i think.

tank much cooler though

cheers
Yeah, because if Leyland used that name later on for a bus in Australia it never happened. Thanks to ford the North American P-51 Mustang was a myth.
__________________
2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 {SOLD} * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge {SOLD} * 2005 BMW R1200ST {maybe FOR SALE} * 2003 Yamaha PW80 {FOR SALE}
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #4428
McJamie
STROMINATOR
 
McJamie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Courtice, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 1,319
Actually it was "Tiger Royal" not "Royal Tiger". I have spoken to a couple of Canadian veterans who had to face them. Nasty piece of work. Most allied shells just bounced off them without some much as scratching the thing.


Please return to regular programming.
__________________
If you get far enough away, you'll be on your way home.
Piss off, I'm in my Happy place.
McJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #4429
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass
 
Johnny Dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Just 3 Short Miles North of Baja
Oddometer: 13,829
Hey. Shut up, or post pictures of hot women.
__________________
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #4430
fallingoff
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: syd oz
Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
Hey. Shut up, or post pictures of hot women.
what he said.
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #4431
fallingoff
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: syd oz
Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Yeah, because if Leyland used that name later on for a bus in Australia it never happened. Thanks to ford the North American P-51 Mustang was a myth.
no sense of humour.

knew a bloke who was a german tanker in ww2

still wore his ss belt.

proud of his division, not the other ss

cheers

no royality in in germany ww2

english bus.

a mustang just a 2 door falcon.

show me the wimmen
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #4432
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJamie View Post
Actually it was "Tiger Royal" not "Royal Tiger". I have spoken to a couple of Canadian veterans who had to face them. Nasty piece of work. Most allied shells just bounced off them without some much as scratching the thing.


Please return to regular programming.
Many published historians disagree with you. The German name "Konigstiger" didn't translate to Tiger King. I'd expect that some Canadians used the French practice of nomenclature in which case model, then subclass was how they were recorded. German and American records both show the Panzerkampfwagen IV G, where French records listed the tank as IV-G, Vehicle blinde de combat.

Ok, back to the pics. I've done my part.
__________________
2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 {SOLD} * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge {SOLD} * 2005 BMW R1200ST {maybe FOR SALE} * 2003 Yamaha PW80 {FOR SALE}
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #4433
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingoff View Post
no sense of humour.

knew a bloke who was a german tanker in ww2

still wore his ss belt.

proud of his division, not the other ss

cheers

no royality in in germany ww2

english bus.

a mustang just a 2 door falcon.

show me the wimmen
No worries.
__________________
2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 {SOLD} * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge {SOLD} * 2005 BMW R1200ST {maybe FOR SALE} * 2003 Yamaha PW80 {FOR SALE}
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #4434
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: md
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
Hey. Shut up, or post pictures of hot women.
like you?

doug s.
doug s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #4435
TomSXM
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 12
My better half and the Italian beast.

TomSXM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #4436
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer
 
SteelB12's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Prince William County, VA
Oddometer: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I am sort of a WWII amateur historian specializing in military equipment. Mainly German as my father's side of the family came from Bavaria in the 1890's. In fact my screen name, Royal Tiger, is the Allies name for the Panzkerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Konigstiger, or King Tiger. The first 50 had turrets built by Porsche, the rest used a Henschel turret. My main focus is armor and aircraft, but the Naval banners have always held an appeal to me. The one I use as an avatar is a Kreigsmarine flag from the 1920's. There was a more formal version where the flag I used moved to the upper left field:


Can't you get a pic of your GF with this flag wrapped around her??


I had some ignoramuses try to tell me in college that this flag was bad (I am sure you know who carried this on one particular day), but F them. I still have it up in my garage.

Tiger Royal??? No.


Sorry, I don't have any pic to add.
__________________
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
2009 KLR650
SteelB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #4437
I GS 1
I 90S I
 
I GS 1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: SI, New Zealand
Oddometer: 622
Can all the war historians or whatever they are please start their own thread? Can the moderators please stop the high jack of this thread?
I GS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #4438
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: New England
Oddometer: 3,144
He posted a few shots of his hottie wife ..chill out...^^^^
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #4439
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSXM View Post
Is there a motorcycle is this picture?

Thanks for your first post. I recently sold my aprilia and I still miss her.
__________________
2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 {SOLD} * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge {SOLD} * 2005 BMW R1200ST {maybe FOR SALE} * 2003 Yamaha PW80 {FOR SALE}
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #4440
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!
 
Lovin' it Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Galactic sector zz9 plural z Alpha
Oddometer: 2,710
__________________
When we leave a place a part of it goes with us and a part of us remains
Lovin' it Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014