ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #31
kindofblue OP
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 827
Money back guarantee

Hi all,
Update: They're now offering a money back guarantee on these shorts.
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:55 AM   #32
Deadly99
Fast and Far
 
Deadly99's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Merrickville, Canada
Oddometer: 8,197
How is this not in vendors. If you had a 44 waist I'd give it a try. More comfort equals more miles :)
__________________
Tales From The Bivouac Rally Print Publications

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)


Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #33
kindofblue OP
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99
How is this not in vendors. If you had a 44 waist I'd give it a try. More comfort equals more miles :)
Because my original post was to provide fellow inmates with a review of these shorts and I had no financial conflict of interest. Since then though I had an opportunity to buy into the company which I took so now do have a conflict of interest.

I'm not sure how to move it to Vendors. I'm not actually selling them myself but understand that vendors may now be a more appropriate place. How does one do that? Thanks.
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #34
kindofblue OP
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 827
Summer sale: 49% off

Hi all,
Thought you might be interested in knowing that the company's having a 49% off summer sale http://www.sitrelief.com/
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out


kindofblue screwed with this post 07-26-2010 at 12:34 PM
kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #35
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle
 
ironmtnracing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 679
OK...so I'm a little confused.

Earlier in this thread you claimed the price to be $69. When I went to the website to take advantage of the 50% discount I found the shorts selling for $90?

What gives? Is there a discount code I missed?
__________________
MotoQuest Tours
Seattle Agent
www.motoquesttours.com
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #36
kindofblue OP
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmtnracing
OK...so I'm a little confused. Earlier in this thread you claimed the price to be $69. When I went to the website to take advantage of the 50% discount I found the shorts selling for $90?
What gives? Is there a discount code I missed?
Hi, The $69 was an intro price last summer (July 2009). So you just hadn't noticed that the original post was a year ago. The MSRP subsequently went up to $89. They have 2 sites and the sitrelief.com site has an incorrect link for ordering right now. Use their other, medically oriented site and you'll see the correct $49 sale price http://www.sitreliefstore.com/servlet/StoreFront
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #37
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle
 
ironmtnracing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 679
Thanks for the reply.

I did see where it was originally prices as an intorductory offer but then I was another post by you saying that they decided to keep the price.

Regardless....I just ordered a pair to see if it'll help with my chronically sore tailbone.

I'll report back here once I have a chance to test them out.
__________________
MotoQuest Tours
Seattle Agent
www.motoquesttours.com
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #38
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Oddometer: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmtnracing
I'll report back here once I have a chance to test them out.
Please do. Will be good to get an independent review.
jsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #39
kindofblue OP
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmtnracing
Thanks for the reply. I did see where it was originally prices as an intorductory offer but then I was another post by you saying that they decided to keep the price. Regardless....I just ordered a pair to see if it'll help with my chronically sore tailbone. I'll report back here once I have a chance to test them out.
Yes, well prices are always subject to change. That said, please do report back here when you've had a chance to try them out.
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #40
thewarrior53
Arise, Goforth, Conquer
 
thewarrior53's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 86
Problem with these guys:

Bought two pair from these guys. Problem was no croch padding. Droped about $100.00. Sent them back. Two weeks after delivery conformation and no refund. Called and got voice mail. No response. Help me out man!
thewarrior53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #41
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler
 
lhendrik's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York and Floridoodie
Oddometer: 2,117
LDComfort for the World. 16 hours yesterday from Chicago to NY. Of course my ass was on fire for the second half, but I made it.
__________________
Normal is just a setting on the dryer.
2009 R1200GS A, 2008 K1200GT

Truffle Rustler: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=10696293
lhendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #42
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle
 
ironmtnracing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 679
It Helped!

Just finished the Alcan5000 and used these shorts to help combat a chronic tailbone issue.

I ended up wearing them over bike shorts so that I could minimize the sweat factor and continue to wear the shorts day after day.

I rode the entire 4800 miles without any issue with my tailbone! Now, I did end up with a little monkey butt late in the event but I don't believe the SitRelief shorts were to blame.

I believe these shorts were one of the best "comfort" investments I made in preperation for this event.

My 2

John
__________________
MotoQuest Tours
Seattle Agent
www.motoquesttours.com
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #43
kindofblue OP
Ride it like you stole it
 
kindofblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmtnracing
Just finished the Alcan5000 and used these shorts to help combat a chronic tailbone issue.

I ended up wearing them over bike shorts so that I could minimize the sweat factor and continue to wear the shorts day after day.

I rode the entire 4800 miles without any issue with my tailbone! Now, I did end up with a little monkey butt late in the event but I don't believe the SitRelief shorts were to blame.

I believe these shorts were one of the best "comfort" investments I made in preperation for this event.

My 2

John
Hi John,
Thanks for the independent review. I personally wear synthetic boxer shorts under the sitrelief shorts to address the "moisture" issue. Even then though they are warm when the temps are above 90.
__________________
Doc Reid
2013 GS LC Red (the fastest color )
Wondering about your drinking? www.drinkerscheckup.com
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:19 PM   #44
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle
 
ironmtnracing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofblue
Hi John,
Thanks for the independent review. I personally wear synthetic boxer shorts under the sitrelief shorts to address the "moisture" issue. Even then though they are warm when the temps are above 90.
I'm kinda partial to my EVS shorts as they provide tailbone specific padding, and allow for thigh pads if needed. I do understand your point however and agree that's the key to keeping them fresh
__________________
MotoQuest Tours
Seattle Agent
www.motoquesttours.com
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #45
jbollert
JABO
 
jbollert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Irvine, CA
Oddometer: 5
Problem Corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarrior53
Bought two pair from these guys. Problem was no croch padding. Droped about $100.00. Sent them back. Two weeks after delivery conformation and no refund. Called and got voice mail. No response. Help me out man!
Apology offered. Your request was not handled correctly do to staff vacation (me). Credit applied. I am sorry for your inconvience. Joe Bollert, Cofounder, SitRelief Shorts. jbollert@lipowear.com.
jbollert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014