Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 AM   #16
DaBinChe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
[quote=Nurburgringer]I don't know that Bill will be able to post here since he's a vendor, but if the mods allow it there's no reason to tell Bill to be honest. [/quote

from my correspondence with him he is really mis-informed or not all that honest...but you know there is a conflict of interest where a vendor will always upsell their junk
DaBinChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 AM   #17
Nurburgringer OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugtussle
Yes Im running the stock 50cc pipe and a 16 tooth sprocket. Ive ordered a 17 tooth which be here Tuesday. If I end up not selling it I might be in for the 125 exhaust upgrade.
Ah I yours is has an automatic trans, that probably explains it.
All the 125s at Moto-Scoot were 4-speeds, as is my 88cc.

$1700 for yours seems like a good price, assuming it's in nice overall condition. Good luck with it.
cheers
Nurburgringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 AM   #18
Nurburgringer OP
Adventurer

[quote=DaBinChe]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurburgringer
I don't know that Bill will be able to post here since he's a vendor, but if the mods allow it there's no reason to tell Bill to be honest. [/quote

from my correspondence with him he is really mis-informed or not all that honest...but you know there is a conflict of interest where a vendor will always upsell their junk
Sorry you had a bad experience but I've had nothing of the sort with M-S.
And as you can see in the photos, the MadAss is anything but "junk".
happy trails

edit: let's keep this tread about MadAsses - if you have good/bad vendor/dealer experiences there is the Vendor section. Thanks.

Nurburgringer screwed with this post 07-20-2009 at 07:10 AM
Old 07-20-2009, 05:18 AM   #19
milwaukeemadass
Web Geek

Oddometer: 141
@Nurburgringer - so the shipment came in last week and Bill was uncrating them?

The MadAss Army: www.madassarmy.com
milwaukeemadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #20
milwaukeemadass
Web Geek

Laugh Oh snap!

I put a deposit down on one of the 125's about three weeks ago at Moto-Scoot, one of the dark gray or "graphite" ones and I've been waiting, impatiently, for them to get here. And it looks like it's finally Christmas in July.

Hopefully i'll be able to swing by either tonight or tomorrow and pick it up. I'm pretty stoked.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #21
Nurburgringer OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeemadass
@Nurburgringer - so the shipment came in last week and Bill was uncrating them?
Affirmative. On Saturday I saw about 5 in the showroom either fully assembled or in process, and a shipment was supposedly leaving today to pre-orderers outside of Milwaukee.
Good luck with yours - be sure to let us all know about it!
cheers
Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
milwaukeemadass
Web Geek

Bill said as soon as it's all done and tested out i'll be able to pick mine up soon. I know they got their hands full over there with all the pre-orders.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #23
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 936
looking forward to the first ride report.
A good head port and polish and a valve job would wake it up with a 134 high compression kit. or a 160 scut kit. hmmmm

Or just drop in a daytona 150 motor with 18hp weeeeee
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #24
Nurburgringer OP
Adventurer

The photo on page 1 titled "BigMadAss" is a 160cc - according to the M-S mechanic hits 70mph.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #25
Nurburgringer OP
Adventurer

is it still flattery when a there's a Chinese knock-off of a Chinese made product?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/brand...otersQ5fMopeds

I remember seeing better photos of one of these somewhere else. Details/design/hardware is much inferior to a 'real' madass, so beware.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
OrRogue1
Did I soil myself?

Oddometer: 22
That IS a madass under a different name!
OrRogue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #27
Nurburgringer OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrRogue1
That IS a madass under a different name!
If you mean it is the same bike, then no it certainly is not.

The photos are small and low-res (purposesly I'm sure), but the handlebars are different, so are the turn-signals, horn, cable routing, and seat.
Don't believe the real MA 49cc ever came with a 'snorkel' air intake.

I sent an email to Cobra and Sachs pointing them to the auction, and received an immediate reply from Cobra so expect the auction to come down shortly. Ferrari takes a sledgehammer to companies making replicas and using the Ferrari name, this is the same.
'Replicas' can be quite good (i.e. 427 Cobras, Ferrari GTOs built on 250 or 330 chassis, etc), but inferior fakes (most Fiero Ferraris or Lambos) are nothing but bad publicity.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #28
OrRogue1
Did I soil myself?

Oddometer: 22
We agree to disagree!
OrRogue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #29
Nurburgringer OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrRogue1
We agree to disagree!
how so?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #30
BillPeirce
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I wanted to drop in and say hi. (Thanks to Bill at Moto Scoot for pointing me to this topic.)

I won't bore you with the details, but we're very excited that the MadAss 125's are FINALLY here. It's been a long hard road and I want to thank those of you who have supported us in our quest and apologize to those of you who are upset over the wait or distribution issues.

Like many European motorcycle companies, Sachs has gone through many changes through the years. The most resent iteration of Sachs includes the MadAss products. In 2004 we looked closely at importing the MadAss but we couldn't get our heads around the idea of selling a 49cc auto MadAss. Thankfully they were working on the 125 in 2005-2006 and when they were finally ready we jumped in. They are also working on a 250cc and 500cc version. If I could figure out how to post a picture here I might leak some spy photos.

The 2010 MadAss 125 is much different than the previous MadAss products. We upgraded the seat, riding position, wider tires, and a new exhaust.

We broke out a graphite MadAss 125 last week and all I can say is, "Wow." It's much smoother than the prototypes, 1st gear is very usable (unlike our first few prototypes), the ride is smoother but still sporty. The power is very good for a 125, even in the lower revs. I can't wait to get a few hundred miles under my belt.

Back in 2004 we took 3 of our 150cc Delivery scooters from New York City to Los Angeles (TGB Coast to Coast Challenge). It was a great trip and it proved how reliable our scooters are. We had ZERO failures, not even a puncture. After riding the MadAss 125 I asked the guys at the office if they wanted to try a Los Angeles to New York trip. You should have seen the look on their faces. Priceless. One of the original 2004 riders quickly said, "Hell no". But I asked the question again and I could see his head spinning with the idea of doing this ride. In the end, he said he would do it.

So you never know, we may try a MadAss Coast-to-Coast trip in late summer. It would be a blast!!!

I'm sorry if you live in an area without a dealer and we hope to be able to have enough inventory to supply our current PEIRSPEED dealers within 60-120 days. if you want one, be sure to let your local PEIRSPEED dealer that you are a serious buyer. This info will be passed on to our sales team so that they can be sure to get the dealer set up.

If I can help you in any way, please drop me an email: ffcobra "@" aol.com

Ride on!

Bill
BillPeirce is offline   Reply With Quote