ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #1081
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,718
Thumb Thanks!!!

~


Got the replacement Super Tenere rack bag, Brady! This one fits and works perfect!

Folks, this gentleman's product and customer service are as good as it gets!

Thanks, Brady!

Dallara



~
__________________
~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #1082
scrappydoo
Advanced
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: WI
Oddometer: 3
Luggage bags

Wow great work. Your stuff looks awesome. I sent a PM with a couple questions.
scrappydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #1083
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer
 
COXR650L's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,386
Thanks for sponsoring Westfest

I wanted to say thanks to Brady for sponsoring the Westfest Rally this year in Buena Vista Colorado.

Brady donated several tool rolls and I just got them today. It is a really nice, well thought out, quality accessory. I was really impressed with the work and I would not be afraid to recommend this stuff to anyone, very nice

Thanks for the support Brady
__________________
Dubinky.com Enduro, Trail, Dual-Sport and Adventure Riding Apparel.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #1084
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,845
So, I've been using Brady's bags for a two week trip and I was super happy with them.

Below is a picture of what I got:



From left to right:

1) A red tool roll, tool tube size, I used it for my "bathroom kit" (tooth brush and paste, shaving kit, assorted small items). Worked great. I generally had it in the top case for quick access.

2) Two luggage liners, both large sided are zippered (the red side you see on the third item from the left), with a middle divider to keep clean and dirty laundry separate. Worked great.

3) Three small pouches - excellent for assorted small stuff. I one we kept a clothes line, plus 10 clothespins. Another had the cable set to run my Sena SMH-10 powered from the bike. The third had a Leatherman tool and a tire pressure gauge. Wouldn't have needed the third in that way, but it was still good to have them.

4) Two Jesse case lid liners. Brady had measurements from an earlier job that kept them fairly small compared to the actual space available and that worked great because I was always able to also squeeze a sweater or a pair of gloves on one side under the metal retainer in the lid together with the liner which carried small food items (like granola bars, instant coffee, müsli), the other had the liner with first aid kit and camping towels + there was space for tent poles (and potentially more) under the Jesse retainer.


I also got a little pouch for covering the blade of my small axe. This one ended up being to large, not problematic in any way, it just flopped around a bit. No big deal.

You can see here how the lid liner with the tent poles fit in the right side Jesse case on my Tiger and how one of the large (red/black) liners was used in my wife's F650GS cases (note that one of the photos shows my right hand side case and one shows the left side case of my wife's bike, just to create some confusion ...):





I had mainly camping gear in my cases while my wife carried a small liner I still had from my Micatech cases + one of the red/black liners per case on her F650GS.

We had all clothes in the red/black liners, one for me, one for my wife, the Micatech liners (not visible in the pictures) were in the bottom of the F650GS cases and had camp stove and food in one and "other toiletry" in the other (Traveling with a woman for longer than a day or two seems to make that one fairly heavy and full ... - although I have to admit my wife was great in packing!).

Brady's stuff is excellent quality and well worth the money. I did send him measurements and the stuff was as expected, as said, the axe was off a bit, but no big deal.

The great thing about the red/black liners is that (by accident, I wasn't smart enough to think about that one myself) both of them fit in my left hand (large 10" Jesse Odyssey II) case and one of them fits great in the right side (exhaust side) pannier. With that I have a super flexible system that didn't become obsolete when my wife decided (one day after our trip) to sell her F650GS and to get a different bike.

Overall: I can recommend these liners a lot. 5* quality and service! Thanks Brady!

cug screwed with this post 06-13-2013 at 08:47 PM
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #1085
MTRKC
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 1
I received my '08+ klr650 sw-motech bags today. Very nice, Brady. Thanks!
MTRKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #1086
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
corrado113's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Appleton, WI
Oddometer: 433
Thanks for the report and the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
So, I've been using Brady's bags for a two week trip and I was super happy with them.

Below is a picture of what I got:



From left to right:

1) A red tool roll, tool tube size, I used it for my "bathroom kit" (tooth brush and paste, shaving kit, assorted small items). Worked great. I generally had it in the top case for quick access.

2) Two luggage liners, both large sided are zippered (the red side you see on the third item from the left), with a middle divider to keep clean and dirty laundry separate. Worked great.

3) Three small pouches - excellent for assorted small stuff. I one we kept a clothes line, plus 10 clothespins. Another had the cable set to run my Sena SMH-10 powered from the bike. The third had a Leatherman tool and a tire pressure gauge. Wouldn't have needed the third in that way, but it was still good to have them.

4) Two Jesse case lid liners. Brady had measurements from an earlier job that kept them fairly small compared to the actual space available and that worked great because I was always able to also squeeze a sweater or a pair of gloves on one side under the metal retainer in the lid together with the liner which carried small food items (like granola bars, instant coffee, müsli), the other had the liner with first aid kit and camping towels + there was space for tent poles (and potentially more) under the Jesse retainer.


I also got a little pouch for covering the blade of my small axe. This one ended up being to large, not problematic in any way, it just flopped around a bit. No big deal.

You can see here how the lid liner with the tent poles fit in the right side Jesse case on my Tiger and how one of the large (red/black) liners was used in my wife's F650GS cases (note that one of the photos shows my right hand side case and one shows the left side case of my wife's bike, just to create some confusion ...):





I had mainly camping gear in my cases while my wife carried a small liner I still had from my Micatech cases + one of the red/black liners per case on her F650GS.

We had all clothes in the red/black liners, one for me, one for my wife, the Micatech liners (not visible in the pictures) were in the bottom of the F650GS cases and had camp stove and food in one and "other toiletry" in the other (Traveling with a woman for longer than a day or two seems to make that one fairly heavy and full ... - although I have to admit my wife was great in packing!).

Brady's stuff is excellent quality and well worth the money. I did send him measurements and the stuff was as expected, as said, the axe was off a bit, but no big deal.

The great thing about the red/black liners is that (by accident, I wasn't smart enough to think about that one myself) both of them fit in my left hand (large 10" Jesse Odyssey II) case and one of them fits great in the right side (exhaust side) pannier. With that I have a super flexible system that didn't become obsolete when my wife decided (one day after our trip) to sell her F650GS and to get a different bike.

Overall: I can recommend these liners a lot. 5* quality and service! Thanks Brady!
__________________
1986 K100RS
1996 R1100GS
2005 DRZ400S
Custom Sewing and Cordura Products Storm Industries or visit us on facebook
corrado113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #1087
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
corrado113's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Appleton, WI
Oddometer: 433
Glad you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRKC View Post
I received my '08+ klr650 sw-motech bags today. Very nice, Brady. Thanks!
__________________
1986 K100RS
1996 R1100GS
2005 DRZ400S
Custom Sewing and Cordura Products Storm Industries or visit us on facebook
corrado113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #1088
wandslinger
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 10
BMW liners

Has anybody bought the liners for the aluminum BMW GSA cases?
wandslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #1089
raebear
Gnarly Adventurer
 
raebear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Ely, NV
Oddometer: 123
Got my stuff

1.Kite bag
2. sleeve for road atlas, journal, writing utensils
3. Non black cover for Camel Bak w reflective stripes.

4. Bonus- three dittie bags

Quality stuff- thanks Brady

__________________
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream by night." - Edgar Allen Poe
IBA # 55298- Current; 2013 Ducati Multistrada, 2005 HD V-Rod, 2000 KTM 380 EXC- asst'd others
raebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #1090
Majic31
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 4
Replacement bag?

So I had a speed wobble and the KLR decided to take a nap.
Didn't matter I was doing 70mph at the time.


I went down on the left side, but quickly high-sided to the right.
Slid a ways on the pavement.... and now I need a replacement bag.
Can I get just the right side ??
I'm still hoping to leave for the Trans-Lab 3rd week in July and would like to have the replacement bag before then.
(hopefully broken bones will have healed by that time)

Let me know...
Majic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #1091
MANXMAN
Overlander
 
MANXMAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: BRITISH Columbia
Oddometer: 1,550
Can you tell me the dimensions of the Agri tool tube pouch?

I have a different brand of tool tube and I'm wondering if it might fit.

Thanks
MANXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #1092
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
corrado113's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Appleton, WI
Oddometer: 433
Oh man! That sucks!

I can definitely make up just one side for you. I'll shoot you a PM.

Hope you heal up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic31 View Post
So I had a speed wobble and the KLR decided to take a nap.
Didn't matter I was doing 70mph at the time.


I went down on the left side, but quickly high-sided to the right.
Slid a ways on the pavement.... and now I need a replacement bag.
Can I get just the right side ??
I'm still hoping to leave for the Trans-Lab 3rd week in July and would like to have the replacement bag before then.
(hopefully broken bones will have healed by that time)

Let me know...
__________________
1986 K100RS
1996 R1100GS
2005 DRZ400S
Custom Sewing and Cordura Products Storm Industries or visit us on facebook
corrado113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #1093
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
corrado113's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Appleton, WI
Oddometer: 433
Agri tube pouches are 11" long x 3" diameter. If this doesn't work for you, I can make one up to your specifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANXMAN View Post
Can you tell me the dimensions of the Agri tool tube pouch?

I have a different brand of tool tube and I'm wondering if it might fit.

Thanks
__________________
1986 K100RS
1996 R1100GS
2005 DRZ400S
Custom Sewing and Cordura Products Storm Industries or visit us on facebook
corrado113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #1094
steve_k
Banned
 
steve_k's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Rancho Bernardo (San Diego)
Oddometer: 1,054
Isn't that a roll of KLR Repair All in the bag?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I need to order something damnit. Been watching this thread for a while and the pics and comments on the quality have always been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic31 View Post
So I had a speed wobble and the KLR decided to take a nap.
Didn't matter I was doing 70mph at the time.


I went down on the left side, but quickly high-sided to the right.
Slid a ways on the pavement.... and now I need a replacement bag.
Can I get just the right side ??
I'm still hoping to leave for the Trans-Lab 3rd week in July and would like to have the replacement bag before then.
(hopefully broken bones will have healed by that time)

Let me know...
steve_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #1095
Majic31
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
Isn't that a roll of KLR Repair All in the bag?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I need to order something damnit. Been watching this thread for a while and the pics and comments on the quality have always been great.
Thank you for that....
Yes, the bike did much better than I did - (although I still don't know what caused the speed wobble)....
a small crack in one of the fibreglass body pieces, some damage to my motech sidecase (nothing a fibreglass repair kit won't fix); the right side crash bar bag (pic), and the crash bars took the rest.....

I broke my left wrist and baby finger, my right thumb, and lots of road rash on my legs (full gear everywhere else, but was wearing jeans)... but still managed to ride the KLR home. (Just a few miles)

Ive been very happy with the bags... of course if they were made of kevlar it probably would have survived (and a replacement would be a small fortune) good tradeoff I think...

Order what you want from Brady - you'll be glad you did
Majic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014