User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #1261
darkstarmoto
Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer: 343
Thumb

Ordered 2 tool tubes thru the website, got them fast and they are great quality and fit perfectly. Awesome. Will definitely be sending e-mail about a few custom jobs!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #1262
Bike Nomad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
And Now For Something Completely Different

Howdy Brady,

I’ve enjoyed reading through all the projects and ideas on this thread and I’m duly impressed with the quality of your work, the outstanding customer service, and perhaps most of all you coming up with outside the box design solutions. I have a buddy that wants me to join him for some lean to camping in the Canadian bush this summer in the middle of black fly and mosquito season—I was all like, let me get back to you on that one. The idea I came up with is to ask you if the following idea is a workable solution from the sewing end of things. I’m planning to order up a Wiggy’s FTRSS “boat foot” Overbag mummy style sleeping bag http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=67 I’d like 2 modifications to it that could work together or separately.

First mod is to sew in a YKK zipper (# 10 maybe to match the heavy duty main zippers Wiggy’s uses) into the perimeter of hood of the bag that allow for a zip in/zip out panel of no-see-um insect netting fabric (preferably in black to improve the ability to look through it and finer than just regular mosquito netting—the black flies are tiny, and are skilled at crawling into the teeniest gap). With maybe a creative use of Velcro (the soft part attached to the bag, the stiff part to the insert) to secure the junction of the top of the stock sleeping bag zipper and the start/finish of the newly sown in hood zipper. The junction area should be flexible enough to allow the passage of a CPAP hose (7/8 “ diameter). The mesh panel should be large enough to allow for the hood to be used either fully open or cinched down to conserve heat. I’m thinking I’ll just push the insect netting out from the inside to make it puff out away from my face. I know there are some tropical weight bags that incorporate the face netting somehow, but have never seen one first hand.

The second mod is to sew up another no-see-um panel with half a YKK #10 zipper on either side that would mate with the stock sleeping bag zipper. Again I’ve never seen a Wiggy’s overbag bag first hand, and I don’t know how far down the bag the zipper goes down, but in this similar model cold weather inner bag http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=278 it goes down about 80% the length of the bag. The idea of the panel is in warm summer weather to give you the ability to zip in the mesh panel to provide a lot of ventilation without allowing creepy crawlies and black flies to snuggle up with you. I’m thinking the panel should be about 24” at its maximum width and be rectangular in the middle and have an ellipse shape at the top and bottom to taper down to facilitate mating with the start of the zipper at the bottom and to provide an easily securable junction at the top with the face mesh mod above (with a hose running through it somehow--a thin 3mm scrap of neoprene as a stretchable gasket comes to mind as a possibility?).

If this goes well, I might have one of Wiggy’s bivi bags http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=7 modified in a similar fashion down the road to provide for a hot/rainy weather solution.

If you think this is a do-able project you are willing to tackle please PM me to discuss the details. I of course posted this in the thread in case my idea actually works, and future readers would like a similarly modified bag.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #1263
1200gsceej
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,249
Email sent for 3 bags

Brady,
I sent 3 emails to you at your storm address, one for each bag in which I'm interested. Would appreciate knowing if they got to you OK.
-ceej
And remember: Beauty is in the behind of the holder.
1200gsceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:30 PM   #1264
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
And Now For Something Completely Different

I'll take a look through your request and get back to you about the feasibility of this project.
Custom Sewing and Cordura Products Storm Industries or visit us on facebook
corrado113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #1265
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yup, got all three. I'll take a look at them and let you know! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200gsceej View Post
Brady,
I sent 3 emails to you at your storm address, one for each bag in which I'm interested. Would appreciate knowing if they got to you OK.
-ceej
Old 04-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #1266
marchyman
Cam Killer

Oddometer: 7,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado113 View Post
Yup, got all three. I'll take a look at them and let you know! Thanks!
Should we be using your storm address instead of of leaving PMs here? I sent a PM a few weeks ago about some needed bags. I figured you were just busy.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #1267
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

My Storm address is probably the best way to contact me. Currently I have three locations to receive messages: ADVRider, facebook, e-mail. Eventually I'd like to consolidate everything to my e-mail but for now I'm rolling with this.

If I missed your message, I apologize. Send me an email and I'll get back to you.

And yes, I have been busy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
Should we be using your storm address instead of of leaving PMs here? I sent a PM a few weeks ago about some needed bags. I figured you were just busy.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #1268
URAL CT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
question

Hello Brady,
I sent you a PM but don't know if you find time get to them. Just wondering.
URAL CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #1269
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by URAL CT View Post
Hello Brady,
I sent you a PM but don't know if you find time get to them. Just wondering.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #1270
draco_1967
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I got my extra large tool tube bags today! They fit like a glove, and are very well built. Thanks Brady!

draco_1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:43 AM   #1271
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrado113 View Post
I should have it finished up by this weekend and will post pictures once it's complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineySideUp View Post
I received the SPOT pouch on time :)

I would post pictures but don't have a SMug account anymore.

Brady made exactly what I was looking for and needed. I had been putting my Gen 1 SPOT on RAM mount on my handle bars. I decided I would like it on my person in case in an emergency I and the bike got separated.

I asked for clear cover so I could see the buttons and the lights flashing and so I could push the required button through the clear plastic without having to remove the SPOT from the pouch. I wanted an adjustable arm band so the pouch would fit snugly on my bicep or forearm no matter what gear I was wearing. Guess what? Brady met all my needs.

I took a 4 hour ride with the pouch on my left forearm. As I moved my arm up to my helmet several times, to adjust my Sena SMH 10 from RocketMoto, I wondered/worried if the SPOT would fall out of the pouch. I pulled over and double checked that I had firmly affixed the velcro on the top to the velcro on the bottom, I had. The SPOT seemed very snug in the pouch.

The pouch is well made and looks good. I would recommend to my fellow inmates if you have a SPOT, or similar device, get the arm pouch from Brady, you will be glad you did.

I realize that Brady is busy with new website and request, but hopefully one of you can post pic soon and then maybe I can order one..
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #1272
corrado113 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spot Pouch

Here are a couple pictures of the Spot arm pouch I made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
I realize that Brady is busy with new website and request, but hopefully one of you can post pic soon and then maybe I can order one..
Old 05-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #1273
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 458
Gotta say, Brady is the man!!! I needed some bags for my Pelican 1550 cases, and I needed them within about ten days in order to make my trip. This mad man sewed them up, and got them TO ME within 3 days of payment! If that isn't serving your customers, I don't know what is! I just have to say THANK YOU! Not only are your bags amazing, but so are you! They're so spacious, and durable. Absolutely packed full and ready for adventure! Leave as soon as UPS sorts out where my package is from a lesser business than yours.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #1274
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
Gotta say, Brady is the man!!! I needed some bags for my Pelican 1550 cases, and I needed them within about ten days in order to make my trip. This mad man sewed them up, and got them TO ME within 3 days of payment! If that isn't serving your customers, I don't know what is! I just have to say THANK YOU! Not only are your bags amazing, but so are you! They're so spacious, and durable. Absolutely packed full and ready for adventure! Leave as soon as UPS sorts out where my package is from a lesser business than yours.

Agreed!

Sent using Tapatalk 2
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #1275
marchyman
Cam Killer

Oddometer: 7,267
Got the email saying the stuff I ordered shipped. That was fast. Looking forward to getting the goods.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote