User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2004, 04:40 AM   #1
Steverino OP
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,670
Malt Therapy...

After I moved to the Blacksburg area, Hank got me signed up with the Twin Valley Riders in the area. Seems to be a loosley knit Yahoo Group that gets out for rides and social gatherings. I have yet to go on a ride with them, saving that for when they realize what an ass I am, but I did get to get out for one of thier "Malt Therapy" nights. This one was about 40 miles away in Salem.

The GS sat patiently waiting for me to finish work. Which was delayed with admin problems that could have stopped a 300 yd concrete pour to start at 4:00 AM the next morning.

Finally got in touch with the structural engineer, got the problem resolved and headed out for Salem. I took the back way, but still had to deal with traffic.....I hate traffic. I left NOVA to get away from traffic and now that I am down here I get stuck in this gidlock......

The train finally went by and farmer Bob let me by. This road is 603 that comes off the north side of Christiansburg and heads toward Ironto. Fun little stretch of road with excellent pavement. After Ironto it cuts over to 460 just south of Salem.

I arrived at the MT location and started checking out some of the rides.

This was nicer than I thought. First time I had seen one:

Nice looking old Guzzi:

SOme more of the Brit bike contingent:

Hey look Twistedmind showed up......

Being the FNG I kept a low profile and just bullshitted with Hank. About 20 people showed up and it was a good time. I got to ride back through the country side under a nice clear moon. Thank goodness for the PIAA's. But I do need to switch the 55w H3's for the 85wH3 bulbs I got.

I had a good time and look forward to the next one. Tomorrow, the TVR monthly dual sport ride.....I got my TKC 80's on and I am ready to explore some of the roads in the area.

Lame report over...

Steverino screwed with this post 08-28-2004 at 04:56 AM
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,234
Hey Steverino - I googled Malt Therapy on the WWW and brought up this old thread.... Anyhoo, saw Hank and a bunch of the Twin Valley Riders at Willville this weekend - great time .

Take care

Ed
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote