Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #16
Callicles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
I would like a set of heated gear that was a base layer to be worn underneath my normal motorcycle clothing. Some sort of lycra spandex or other high tech cloth layer. I would think that the voltage would have to be less as it it works in tandem with the warmth material.

I have a nice set of convertible clothing so a comfortable heated base layer would be ideal.
Callicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #17
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Oddometer: 105
Jim,

I was speaking with the product development group this morning and thought it might be helpful to tell you a little more about our existing products and how they might fit your needs right now. Info below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
waterproof/windproof. That would include waterproof zippers, and, could be used as a waterproof layer, if needed. Shorter collar than the warm n safe/Gerbings, and/or with a small piece of fabric over the top of the zipper. it always rubs my neck raw because of where it sits. Also, the zipper on my wns always works it's way down an inch or so.
The exo² vests and jacket are made with the patented AirXtream® outer fabric which is a three layer (but super thin) windproof, waterproof and moisture wicking fabric that not only works, but looks stylish and ‘of the times’ as well. Our StormRider bodywarmer is made without a collar, serving well as an active mid-layer (but is often worn by itself with only a light shirt underneath in more moderate conditions). Our products have an overlapping zipper system to prevent air and moisture from penetrating directly to the under-layer. http://www.exo2theheatinside.com/airxtream.php

Quote:
Outlast on the face fabric. keep it looking relatively normal looking to use as a normal jacket. Gerbings and w n s are too goofy looking to wear alone.
adjustment straps on the sides at waist and chest to adjust fit. That way it doesn't need to be always tight for heat transfer. Again, making it more useful off the bike.
As a testament to the look and style of our StormWalker line, 40% of all sales are to customers who don’t ride motorcycles but use the garments for work, outdoor leisure activities, etc. Both the StormWalker Jacket and Vest have adjusting straps on the side so that you can cinch the heat as close as you want or let it hang more loosely in less severe conditions. Also, all of our vests and jacket can be powered by direct connection to the bike’s electrical system and/or via our portable 14.8 volt lithium-ion batteries. Comfort, style and flexibility – The exo² StormWalker Line.

Hope that helps,
Davis

Flood screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 01:07 PM
Davis W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #18
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callicles
I would like a set of heated gear that was a base layer to be worn underneath my normal motorcycle clothing. Some sort of lycra spandex or other high tech cloth layer. I would think that the voltage would have to be less as it it works in tandem with the warmth material.

I have a nice set of convertible clothing so a comfortable heated base layer would be ideal.
Callicles,

We at exo² could not agree more. Our StormRider Bodywarmer is made for this very purpose. It is cut a little shorter (so it doesn’t hang out underneath your outer jacket), has no collar (so there’s no collar on collar fight) and it is sleeveless. For 2010, we are producing a StormRider Jacket which will have heated sleeves and a heated collar but we still envision this garment serving primarily as an active mid-layer. We are also presently speaking with a few armored jacket and chest protector manufacturers about integrating our FabRoc™ technology into their designs so stay tuned for even more options in 2010.

Our AirXtream® outer fabric is a windproof, waterproof, moisture wicking fabric which not only looks stylish and compliments the heat being generated inside, it prevents the user from sweating. Regarding draw, our StormRider Bodywarmer (with full heat over the chest and abdomen, upper back and lower back areas) only draws 4.1 amps on a 12 volt system. Be sure to check out our entire line at www.theheatinside.com.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #19
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
This outer fabric and the heating technology sounds ideal for motorcycle use, especially when traveling.

I own a Warm-n-safe jacket that I really like, much more than my previous Gerbing vest. But due to the weird feel of the wires and lack of wind/water-proofing I always have to carry an additional windstopper fleece in my luggage for when I am off the bike. I would definitely switch over when your Stormrider jacket comes out with heated sleeves and collar.

Some features I would like to see:

- a similar max heat output to the 100 Watts of the WnS
- soft and non-abrasive fabric in the collar
- connectors for gloves in the sleeve ends (not sure if this is possible with your technology)
- air vents so it can really be worn in warmer weather as well
- good looks so it can be worn by itself
- adjustable elastic cords

Sounds like you have most of those covered, so let us know when you make progress on the jacket.

Lukas
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,763
I've got a 20 year old Gerbing (the one made out of quilted nylon if anyone remembers them .. sales reps at their rally booths don't even recognize it) that just keeps on working but I almost always wear a Gore Windstopper jacket over it to keep the warm air from getting blown away by the leaks in the riding jacket. I too want just as has been described above, the two integrated into one nice unit. I have been looking at the Aerostitch one but no connectors for heated gloves for one thing and I just haven't felt confident enough to pull the trigger on one. I have read a lot about your vest in the last year or two and think it sounds great but never bought one as I want the heated sleeves.

Put me down as one of your first buyers when the new jacket is finally released.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #21
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
This outer fabric and the heating technology sounds ideal for motorcycle use, especially when traveling.
Lukas,

We certainly think so. Please visit your local dealer or let us know if we can help you find something to promote enjoying your passion more and riding longer this fall and winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
Some features I would like to see:

- a similar max heat output to the 100 Watts of the WnS
- soft and non-abrasive fabric in the collar
- connectors for gloves in the sleeve ends (not sure if this is possible with your technology)
- air vents so it can really be worn in warmer weather as well
- good looks so it can be worn by itself
- adjustable elastic cords

Sounds like you have most of those covered, so let us know when you make progress on the jacket.
In your experience, what is the right temperature for a primary riding vest or jacket? Our FabRoc™ technology is more efficient than our competitors so the wattage will be different with our gear (even at the same temperature levels). For example, our StormRider Bodywarmer with full heat on the front and back at 122°F only draws 4.1 amps on a 12 volt system. Your other feedback is great and most appreciated.

Thanks,
Davis

Flood screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 01:06 PM
Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #22
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander

Put me down as one of your first buyers when the new jacket is finally released.
Dan,

Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to keep everyone informed of the progress on the new jacket.

Davis
Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

We added a new customer testimonial to the website (http://www.exo2theheatinside.com/testimonials.php) and have received word that we will be featured in a couple of independent gear reviews this fall. Exciting stuff!

Please keep the comments and questions coming!

Thanks,
Davis
Old 08-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #24
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,887
I'm confused- does the jacket heat only in the kidney area, or throughout?

Lack of coverage would be my only concern.

I currently wear a Warm and Safe, and have been happy with it- but it seems your stuff is certainly priced attractively.
XPADREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:16 AM   #25
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX
I'm confused- does the jacket heat only in the kidney area, or throughout?

Lack of coverage would be my only concern.

I currently wear a Warm and Safe, and have been happy with it- but it seems your stuff is certainly priced attractively.
XPADREX,

Although it’s become the garment of choice for many riders, our StormWalker Jacket is intended for lighter duty use. The lower back (kidney area) is heated and the jacket has heated pockets creating a ‘virtual circle of warmth’. The sleeves zip off but are not heated. Our StormRider Bodywarmer has full coverage throughout the front and back and is our more robust riding garment. We’ll soon release the StormRider Jacket which will have the same coverage as the Bodywarmer but will also have heated sleeves (which will not zip off) and may have a heated collar or heated neck area. Watch for this garment on our website and at your favorite dealer in 1st quarter of 2010.

Davis

Flood screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 01:06 PM
Old 08-31-2009, 07:48 AM   #26
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis W
XPADREX,

Although it’s become the garment of choice for many riders, our StormWalker Jacket is intended for lighter duty use. The lower back (kidney area) is heated and the jacket has heated pockets creating a ‘virtual circle of warmth’. The sleeves zip off but are not heated. Our StormRider Bodywarmer has full coverage throughout the front and back and is our more robust riding garment. We’ll soon release the StormRider Jacket which will have the same coverage as the Bodywarmer but will also have heated sleeves (which will not zip off) and may have a heated collar or heated neck area. Watch for this garment on our website and at your favorite dealer in 1st quarter of 2010.

Davis
Oh, that sounds GREAT, but, you might miss the boat for the winter!?

Flood screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 01:05 PM
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #27
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Oh, that sounds GREAT, but, you might miss the boat for the winter!?
Needless to say we feel that we are putting together the best heated jacket that the industry has seen so we want to make sure that everything is just right for the release.

Just think how good it will feel on those late winter/early spring rides when we are itching to get out of house and onto the open road!

Davis

Davis W screwed with this post 09-01-2009 at 08:31 AM
Old 09-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #28
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

I just wanted to let everyone you know that we have added a new U.S. partner that will be producing commercial, specialty and custom powersports products for us. Through this venture we will be using FabRoc™ heat technology in products outside of the clothing industry.

You can read more in our press release here.

Davis
Old 09-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #29
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

I hope that everyone has a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

Davis
Old 09-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #30
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis W
Needless to say we feel that we are putting together the best heated jacket that the industry has seen so we want to make sure that everything is just right for the release.

Just think how good it will feel on those late winter/early spring rides when we are itching to get out of house and onto the open road!

Davis
I was just hoping to not have another season with my current liner! I know that it will be the best out there, if the stormrider is any indication of the high quality. Noone will touch your product!
levain is offline   Reply With Quote