User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #31
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Oddometer: 105
Jim,

Thanks again for the comments. I am anxious to get my hands on one of the new jackets too. I keep sending comments from this tread to the development team to give them a gentle nudge.

Davis
Old 09-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #32
mfaoro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Do you have a list of dealers who stock your stuff? Couldnt find it easily on the web site.

Michael
Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #33
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Davis, if you could, could you please use the forum editor to compose your posts instead of cutting and pasting from whatever you're using. It's screwing up the page formatting.

Thanks,

Nate
ADV Mod

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #34
mfaoro
Adventurer

Do you have a list of brick-n-mortar dealers in the US? I would like confirm the size before purchasing/ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaoro
Do you have a list of dealers who stock your stuff? Couldnt find it easily on the web site.

Michael
Old 09-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #35
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Quote:
Do you have a list of brick-n-mortar dealers in the US? I would like confirm the size before purchasing/ordering.
Michael,

My apologies on the late response. I have been away from the office (and my computer) for a few days.

Other than direct sales, exoČ distributes to the powersports community in the U.S. through Parts Unlimited so any of their 14,000 dealers either carry or can order any exoČ product for you. You can find a Parts Unlimited dealer near you via their Dealer Locator service (linked).

exoČ also allows for returns or exchanges within 30 days (with no restocking fee) as long as the item is returned new, with the tags still attached, all accessories included, etc. Of note, the exoČ vests and jacket have been U.S. tailor measured and found to run true to the U.S. men's suit or sport coat sizes.

Let me know if I can help.

Davis
Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #36
mfaoro
Adventurer

No worries :).

Ok. That sounds like a lot of work. I will probably just order one direct and return it if it does not fit. Two questions:

1. Can you tell me anything about the length of the arms. I am 6'4" and have fairly long arms but nothing too bad. That said, I would hope they would be longer rather than shorter.

2. I cannot quite tell from your website...what kind of plug does the jacket have. I currently have a Tourmaster Synergy that this would replace (too bulky, too many cold spots) and would love to be able to plug this into the existing wiring (or SAE if I have too). I think the Synergy has what is called Coaxial. Looks like the end of one of those adaptors you can get at Radio Shack.

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis W
Michael,

My apologies on the late response. I have been away from the office (and my computer) for a few days.

Other than direct sales, exoČ distributes to the powersports community in the U.S. through Parts Unlimited so any of their 14,000 dealers either carry or can order any exoČ product for you. You can find a Parts Unlimited dealer near you via their Dealer Locator service (linked).

exoČ also allows for returns or exchanges within 30 days (with no restocking fee) as long as the item is returned new, with the tags still attached, all accessories included, etc. Of note, the exoČ vests and jacket have been U.S. tailor measured and found to run true to the U.S. men's suit or sport coat sizes.

Let me know if I can help.

Davis
Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 AM   #37
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Quote:
1. Can you tell me anything about the length of the arms. I am 6'4" and have fairly long arms but nothing too bad. That said, I would hope they would be longer rather than shorter.
I am 6’3” and wear a Large size jacket comfortably. (My waist size is 34.) The sleeves in the Large (from the edge of the shoulder, where the sleeves zip off) are 27 inches in length. I do suggest a more snug than typical fit (to ensure that the heat is directly next to your body) but if you have rather large biceps or forearms (or a little girth around the middle), an X-Large may be more suitable. You’ll get an extra inch in sleeve length in the XL.

Quote:
2. I cannot quite tell from your website...what kind of plug does the jacket have. I currently have a Tourmaster Synergy that this would replace (too bulky, too many cold spots) and would love to be able to plug this into the existing wiring (or SAE if I have too). I think the Synergy has what is called Coaxial. Looks like the end of one of those adaptors you can get at Radio Shack.
Our products also use either a 2.5mm road coaxial cable (StormRider Bodywarmer and StormShield Gloves) or a 1.3mm coaxial cable (StormWalker Jacket, StormWalker Vest and HeatWave Heated Back Support). (Note: A 2.5mm Plug to 1.3mm Socket Adaptor is required to power the 1.3mm products off of the bike’s 12 volt systems unless you are going to connect it directly to the battery with the supplied 1.3mm fused cable.) We do offer accessory outlet power cords, BMW Hella Plugs, SAE ‘Quick Connect’ cables, etc. as well.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Davis
Old 09-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #38
RonRad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
some late ideas

I'm looking for a new liner (with sleeves) to replace my faithful Gerbings that gave up after about 10 years of abuse.

Things that I'm looking for in a liner:

Super lightweight and thin: Basically, I don't want insulation in the liner, as when I ride long distances through a lot of temperature variance, I don't want to stop and take it off if things warm up.

Supple easy moving fabric.

Reasonable fit for someone that doesn't fit the typical profile for jackets around here .( 6'4 with 35" waist) Do you think your jackets in the large would have a reasonable fit without the bulk in the waist?

Thanks
RonRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #39
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

RonRad,

Regarding weight and thickness, we’ve got you covered! Our StormRider Bodywarmer (full front and back heat, no collar and cut to fit nicely under an outer jacket) and our StormWalker Jacket and Vest (heated lower back/kidney area and heated pockets in both) are both very thin, light and comfortable. Please visit our TechCenter for more detail. http://www.exo2theheatinside.com/TechCenter/

Although light and thin, our proprietary AirXtreamź outer fabric is windproof, waterproof and wicks moisture away from the body. (The StormRider Bodywarmer does have a slight layer of insulation but the StormWalker collection has none.) Regarding fit, I am 6’3” with a 34’ waist and the Large Jacket fits me very well (and is the size I wear) if wearing just a shirt underneath. If you intend to wear a sweater or sweatshirt underneath (which are not needed) or like looser fitting garments, the X-Large may suit you better. Check out our sizing chart on the website. Our sizes track well with US men’s sport coat or suit coat sizes (a Large covering the size 43-46 range).

I hope this helps but please be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Davis
Old 09-22-2009, 05:52 AM   #40
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

I thought that you guys might enjoy this picture of Ron Johnson (retired from Parts Unlimited) at the Arctic Circle. I am guessing that he was so warm from his exoČ jacket that he had to take it off.

Davis

Davis W screwed with this post 09-22-2009 at 11:38 AM
Davis W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #41
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

It's pretty cool here in Georgia this morning. I spoke with my brother in Colorado and tells me that they had a fair amount of snow last week. I imagine that some of you are getting pretty frigid. It's great football weather!

Davis
Old 10-14-2009, 06:41 AM   #42
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
Any update on the StormRider Jacket?
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #43
Chalkpaw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Connections to vest

I just purchased a StormWalker Vest and am trying to get it to connect it to the bike's existing BMW Hella plug receivers. I purchased the vest through Bike Bandit and no information was given for the need to purchase yet another $20 connector cable. I did not know if there was such a thing as a standard connection such as the Hella's but now I know there is not. Question is; does a controller also have to be purchased to use the vest? Or can I just use the "BMW style Hella Plug"? I'm trying to save money and keep things simple.
What would have been helpful in the purchasing of this vest is to have a way to have the type of connector a customer specifies to be included with the vest.
I don't really like the included plug/cable/battery connector/fuse that came with the vest. Even if one installed the thing on the bike, how would you keep the cable stored neatly when not in use? It would be like having several feet of cable to manage the 6 or more months that the vest was not being used.
Chalkpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #44
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Chalkpaw,

We're sorry that you've experienced this issue. Our StormWalker collection (with 1.3mm plugs, as they are most often used with our portable battery packs) does require an adapter for use with the hella plug, the StormRider Controller or the CLA. This adapter retails for $9.99. If you send your address to service@exo2theheatinside.com and reference your case number in the subject line, we will be happy to send you an adapter free of charge for your inconvenience.

Regarding your question about the Controller, it is an option but not a requirement.

As noted, we do provide a fused direct connect cable with all of our products (so no additional products are required) and offer a variety of accessory cable options, including an On/Off Switch, SAE 'Quick Connect' cables, etc. We know our customers have different needs and use our gear in different ways so we want to provide as many options as possible while keeping the price down for everyone.

We thank you for your business and please let us know if we can be of further service.

Davis

Davis W screwed with this post 10-20-2009 at 12:51 PM
Davis W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #45
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable
Any update on the StormRider Jacket?
Unfortunately no further updates at this time. We are working hard to have it to dealers in January. You guys will be the first to know when it ships.

Davis