User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #61
co_g30
Solo Rider

Oddometer: 324
Here's my review of the exo2 gear on examiner.com

The gear works! Heck, the vest is so well insulated, I only plugged it in once, it did fine as just a layer in sub-freezing temps....

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-14097-Colorado-Motorcycle-Travel-Examiner~y2009m11d3-Review-Heated-electric-riding-gear-from-exo2
co_g30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #62
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Oddometer: 105
Lukas,

comments on your questions below. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
Hi Davis,
- How is the interface between your gloves and the upcoming jacket going to work, does it need a wire run through there or can you plug it in somewhere into the sleeves?Lukas
The StormRider Jacket will have connections for the gloves integrated into the sleeve cuffs for ease of use.

Quote:
Hi Davis,
- Can you regulate the heat of the gloves with a controller? Only yours or a WnS as well?Lukas
You can regulate the heat for the StormShield gloves with our controller. While we cannot endorse nor recommend use of our gear with other electronic equipment, our customers have told us that the WnS controller does work well with our gear.

Quote:
Hi Davis,
- Any plans on bringing out a controller that can be hard mounted into a panel/fairing etc?Lukas
Our current controller does have a stainless steel back with a prefab hole for quick mounting onto most any part of the bike. Our next controller will be a small, multiuse controller that can be used in a variety of ways (on the bike, off the bike, with other exo² equipment, etc.). ElectroSport has designed this new state of the art controller for us and we believe it will be the hottest controller on the market when we release it in 2010.

Davis
Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #63
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_g30
The gear works! Heck, the vest is so well insulated, I only plugged it in once, it did fine as just a layer in sub-freezing temps....
Thanks for stopping by to mention your review. Glad that you were pleased with the performance of our gear!

Davis
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #64
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

We should be have our new heated ski gloves in stock and ready to ship in the next few weeks. Should be a great alternative for anyone that doesn't need the ruggedness of our traditional motorcycle glove. I will post when they are live on the website.

Davis
Old 11-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #65
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Davis
Old 11-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #66
Parrothead
Cu Dubh

Oddometer: 431
I was just going to pull the trigger on a Synergy jacket next week when I came across this thread. Now I have to wait until January to replace my BMW vest! Good thing I'm in "sunny" CA. I look forward to seeing your jacket.

Regards,
Parrothead
"... You can go through life fudging and evading, indulging and slacking, never really hungry nor frightened nor passionately stirred, your highest moment a sentimental orgasm and your first real contact with primary and elemental necessities the sweat of your deathbed." - H.G Wells
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:32 AM   #67
rwp2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
New controller

Any update on when to expect the new controller?
Thanks
rwp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #68
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis W
Lukas,

comments on your questions below. Thanks!

The StormRider Jacket will have connections for the gloves integrated into the sleeve cuffs for ease of use.

You can regulate the heat for the StormShield gloves with our controller. While we cannot endorse nor recommend use of our gear with other electronic equipment, our customers have told us that the WnS controller does work well with our gear.

Our current controller does have a stainless steel back with a prefab hole for quick mounting onto most any part of the bike. Our next controller will be a small, multiuse controller that can be used in a variety of ways (on the bike, off the bike, with other exo² equipment, etc.). ElectroSport has designed this new state of the art controller for us and we believe it will be the hottest controller on the market when we release it in 2010.

Davis

Thanks for the answers Davis, everything sounds just about perfect. Can't wait for the stuff to come out.

Lukas
Old 11-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #69
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,868
So what is the difference between your FabRoc and Gerbings new Micro Wire?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #70
Motomantra
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,084
I was getting ready to go with either Gerb. or W&S but after seeing this I guess I'll be another exo customer.
#1. What is the warranty?
To the design staff:
I need a fully heated jacket w/adjustable heating. It doesn't have to be wind proof, it doesn't have to be pretty. The sleeves should be permanently attached. It should be breathable. All I want is reliable heat that won't leave me cold, hours away from home.
It should have some adjustment to it to make up the difference in between small, medium, & large.
#2. From the description of the fabric, it sounds like there would be no problem to put some snaps through it to attach it to the outer wear, like a conventional liner.
Thanks for being here, Davis. Hoping to get a jacket, soon.
Rob

Motomantra screwed with this post 11-29-2009 at 02:17 PM
Motomantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #71
wmfleet2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Hi
i am looking to get the Strom sheild gloves,,not sure what heat control i need.
Also the web site says the gloves will not be here until 1-10-10?????
wmfleet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #72
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Hi guys! Hope you all had a great holiday. I will answer your questions in individual posts below.

Davis
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #73
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwp2
Any update on when to expect the new controller?
Thanks
The new, smaller and multifunctional controller (which can be used on and off the bike) is scheduled for delivery in fall 2010. Limited quantities for testing will be made available to certain groups in advance. I will give you updates as I have them.

Davis
Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #74
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig
So what is the difference between your FabRoc and Gerbings new Micro Wire?
The term ‘wire’ says it all. Whether micro, nano or macro, wire is wire and wire will act like wire. FabRoc™ is a solid state heated fabric which is stretchable, waterproof, exhibits a positive temperature coefficient (meaning it does not have hot spots and does not promote thermal runaway) and will continue to work even when slit or torn. It truly is an apples to oranges comparison. The exo² FabRoc™ heat technology was recently certified to emit FIR (Far Infrared Rays) or deep penetrating ‘healthy heat’.

FabRoc™ really is very cool stuff and can be used in an unlimited array of applications that benefit from heat.

Davis
Old 12-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #75
Davis W OP
exo² The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomantra
I was getting ready to go with either Gerb. or W&S but after seeing this I guess I'll be another exo customer.
#1. What is the warranty?
exo² provides a lifetime warranty on their FabRoc™ heat technology and a one year warranty on their product’s ‘cut and stitch’ components. A one year warranty is also provided on the supporting electronics.

Quote:
To the design staff:
I need a fully heated jacket w/adjustable heating. It doesn't have to be wind proof, it doesn't have to be pretty. The sleeves should be permanently attached. It should be breathable. All I want is reliable heat that won't leave me cold, hours away from home.
It should have some adjustment to it to make up the difference in between small, medium, & large.
Check back in 2010 for the StormRider Jacket. Add a heated collar to your description and you’ve just described our next generation jacket. Our jackets come in sizes from XS to XXL.

Quote:
#2. From the description of the fabric, it sounds like there would be no problem to put some snaps through it to attach it to the outer wear, like a conventional liner.
In essence’ yes’ although exo² does not promote the use of heating elements from an OEM garment to make others. exo² does make heating elements for other OEMs such as Adidas, Rip Curl, Rohan, etc. and is happy to deal with manufacturers who would like to integrate their technology into other products or garments.

Davis