User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 05:52 AM   #91
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,471
Dave,
Quick question and a recommendation. The stormrider has heat in the abdomen, upper chest, upper back and lower back. Are all these areas heated in sections? Or is the entire garment heated? If they're sections how large is the gap in the front? I guess even if it is in sections, considering the thing is wind and waterproof it shouldn't be an issue. Does the upper chest section contour around the neck up to the top of the shoulders?

Now for the recommendation. I don't know if it will be incorporated this way or not, but many heated liners have a disconnect inside a zipper panel that route power to the sleeve ends for gloves. The purpose of have a disconnect instead of just wiring is so that if you so choose, you can control the gloves independently of the liner while still using the liners built in glove connections.

I have an idea for your fabroc material (you can pay for my idea if you like by supplying me with free stuff). Anyway, since it's stretchy how about making a short tube of it in various sizes, to stretch and place over a bikes grips! Since its rubbery and stretchy it would not compromise the feel of the grips like other over the grip heaters and since its over the grips the heat does not have to fight to travel through the hollow bar (if using polly heaters) or have to heat up the cold steel\chrome\aluminum bars before being able to supply the heat through the grips themselves (if using under grip heaters).

Since these would not take much fabric to produce you should be able to use up any small pieces of the fabroc you have after producing the larger garments. Also, since they would only use up about 5% of the fabroc as your jackets yet you could sell them for up to 20-25% of what the jackets will most likely run you guys should make a great profit on them. I personally think this is a great idea and I can't believe I'm just giving it away! I deserve a cookie.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #92
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Oddometer: 105
HaChayalBoded,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful reply and detailed information. To answer your first question, all portions of the StormRider Bodywarmer heat at the same time when connected to a 12 volt electrical system (via the 2.5mm cable connection). When powered by the portable lithium-ion battery (via the 1.3mm connection), only the lower back/kidney area heats. The heated area in the front extends about to your collar bone on both sides.

We have thus far not integrated our glove connections into our vests and jacket but rather supply a Long Harness and short Y-Splitter (free of charge) with each set of StormShield Gloves. This has been due to a variety of reasons, consumer preference and flexibility being just a few. This set up does allow the user to use the gloves with different outer garments and doesn’t leave dangling connections when the gloves are not in use with the Bodywarmer.

Your idea for over the grip hand warmers is an interesting one. Presently, our OEM development calendar is full but we would welcome the opportunity to work with a sponsoring client to develop a commercialized product for them. The company would be happy to explain the details of this process if you or others are interested.

We sincerely appreciate your business and your good ideas! Please keep them coming. We have a history of listening to our customers in order to create and revise products to meet the real needs of those who depend on us to help them weather the fall and winter seasons.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #93
magnus
Duke of Hazzard

Oddometer: 91
Big & Tall sizes

I might end up with some of your gloves, but I do have to speak out & identify myself as one of the underserved bikers out there who struggle to find armor & accessories in big & tall sizes. Most riding gear comes in standard lengths that leave tall guys like me uncovered in the lower back & abdomen, and end up in many cases with a compromise solution. Please do consider offering big & tall sizes. And, if you do, get word out that you're covering this underserved market segment so you can corner the market on heated garments for us big ogres. ;)
Old 01-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #94
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,359
Davis, question on the gloves.

I am looking at getting a set of the gloves to run with the StormRider vest. Long story short: my current bike is wired to run the vest. I just picked up a new bike with no wiring. I'm planning on ordering a set of gloves, what else will I need to run vest and gloves on both bikes. Am I reading correctly, that I won't need anything, as the gloves come with the battery harness, a Y adapter to run gloves and vest off one connector.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #95
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis W
HaChayalBoded,
We have thus far not integrated our glove connections into our vests and jacket but rather supply a Long Harness and short Y-Splitter (free of charge) with each set of StormShield Gloves. This has been due to a variety of reasons, consumer preference and flexibility being just a few. This set up does allow the user to use the gloves with different outer garments and doesn’t leave dangling connections when the gloves are not in use with the Bodywarmer.
All other heated gloves also have the option of simply using a long Y cable, many people own heated gloves and use them with other garments, but, if you already have the heated jacket, it would make sense to incorporate the wiring in the sleeve ends. The whole point of your jacket is the fact that it does not use wires, if we have to route wires through it to use the gloves it would completely defeat its high tech futuristic fabric!

I'm sure every rider here will agree that it would be a good idea. so I'm not sure what consumer's you asked who gave the preference of using separate wires instead of integrated but they probably didn't know any better.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #96
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable
Am I reading correctly, that I won't need anything, as the gloves come with the battery harness, a Y adapter to run gloves and vest off one connector.
The Y connector is just for the gloves. (one for each glove and the third connector is for the bike)
Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #97
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
The Y connector is just for the gloves. (one for each glove and the third connector is for the bike)
The way I read the description is that there is a big harness to each of the gloves as well as a second smaller Y plug.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #98
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus
Please do consider offering big & tall sizes. And, if you do, get word out that you're covering this underserved market segment so you can corner the market on heated garments for us big ogres. ;)
magnus,

Thanks for your comments and the interest our products. On our website we offer XX-Large sizes in most products. We also have a limited supply of XXX-Large StormRider Bodywarmers (only). They are not listed on our site and sell at a premium charge of $269.99 for customers who ask for them. The XX-Large gloves are also pretty generous in their size. We can get you some specifics if you would like. Just PM me an email address and I will get you in touch with the right person.

Davis
Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #99
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable
Davis, question on the gloves.

Am I reading correctly, that I won't need anything, as the gloves come with the battery harness, a Y adapter to run gloves and vest off one connector.
thetable,

You are correct. The Y adapter will allow you to power both. Your arrangement will work if you use the standard fused cable connection, the StormRider Controller or any of our other accessory power connections.

Davis
Old 01-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #100
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
Any timetable yet on the complete heated jacket?

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #101
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

HaChayalBoded,

Thank you for the feedback on the wiring arrangements. Since our StormRider Bodywarmer is sleeveless and our jacket has zip off sleeves, this was the best arrangement for us at this time. When the StormRider Jacket is released later this year it will have heated sleeves (which do not zip off) and built in glove connections.

Davis
Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #102
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule
Any timetable yet on the complete heated jacket?
I will see if I can get an update.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #103
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Quote:
HaChayalBoded,

Thank you for the feedback on the wiring arrangements. Since our StormRider Bodywarmer is sleeveless and our jacket has zip off sleeves, this was the best arrangement for us at this time. When the StormRider Jacket is released later this year it will have heated sleeves (which do not zip off) and built in glove connections.

Davis
awesome, there will be a detachable connector in the lower left side for those of us who would like to operate the gloves independently of the jacket correct? For those of us with dual heat trollers?

Speaking of trollers, does the digital troller you offer come with the jacket or is that a separate purchase?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #104
magnus
Duke of Hazzard

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
On our website we offer XX-Large sizes in most products.
Just to be clear, 2XL doesn't really fall into the "Big & Tall" segment. It approaches the bottom end of "big" but doesn't address "tall" at all.

For example, for a shirt I would require a 2XL Tall or a 3XL Tall. Without the tall size, long sleeve shirts look like jerseys, and all shirts look like they are too short in torso length. Jackets & outer layers generally must be a 3XL Tall.

My hat size is 8, which makes helmet shopping an ordeal.

Gloves are one of the few areas where I can shop off the rack as I "only" take an XL in that department.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #105
Davis W OP
exoČ The Heat Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
awesome, there will be a detachable connector in the lower left side for those of us who would like to operate the gloves independently of the jacket correct? For those of us with dual heat trollers?

Speaking of trollers, does the digital troller you offer come with the jacket or is that a separate purchase?
Not exactly sure I understand your question but you will definitely be able to connect the jacket and gloves to the controller independently if you choose not to connect them to the jacket sleeve.

The digital controller that we offer is/will be a separate purchase from the jacket.

Davis