ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Nice_Rumble OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,182
CCCofVT 2 Day Dual Sport Ride, July 19/20, Johnson, VT

Saturday, July 19th & Sunday the 20th.

Dual Sport Ride and Summer BBQ Saturday night.

Primitive camping available Fri & Sat nights.

Club will provide dogs & burgers for BBQ after Sat ride, bring something to share.

Bikes need to be road legal & quiet, have a route sheet holder, no GPS tracks.

Signup Sat: 8:15-9:30 last bike out 9:45.
Signup Sun: 8:00-915 last bike out 9:30.

You need to be a member of the CCCofVT to do the ride. Memberships available at sign up. Bring membership card to signup or if you have signed up recently, please bring PayPal proof of membership purchase. Rides are free to members.

Ride is not big bike friendly. 650 and smaller DS and trail bikes with fresh knobbies only.

Countdown Clock

URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Nice_Rumble/media/Johnson%202-Day%202012/1-2.jpg.html][/URL]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/

Nice_Rumble screwed with this post 07-13-2014 at 03:37 AM
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
jontow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I know it says big-bike-unfriendly/fresh knobbies, but what's the difficulty level on this ride (split between days, maybe..?) My wife and I are interested in attending, and both are on 250s (WR250R with knobbies, and a Super Sherpa with Shinko 244s). She's what we'd both consider a novice rider.. not totally new to dirt, but not super confident when it gets muddy or steep. Thoughts?
jontow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Nice_Rumble OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontow View Post
I know it says big-bike-unfriendly/fresh knobbies, but what's the difficulty level on this ride (split between days, maybe..?) My wife and I are interested in attending, and both are on 250s (WR250R with knobbies, and a Super Sherpa with Shinko 244s). She's what we'd both consider a novice rider.. not totally new to dirt, but not super confident when it gets muddy or steep. Thoughts?
Both days are pretty much the same type of terrain. It all depends on how much rain the area gets leading up to the weekend. It's not technically difficult riding but there are sections where you'll need to use all your skills to stay upright. The other sections are easy graded gravel and dirt roads with stunning Vermont views. If she's a novice rider there may be sections where you'll need to help her get her bike through. Think of the routes as easy turkey runs, mostly open but with a few stand on the pegs sections that'll demand your full attention.

Here's a ride report from 2012 to give you a sense of what the ride is like.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=14

Nice_Rumble screwed with this post 07-08-2014 at 06:40 PM
Old 07-13-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
Green Mtn Rider
Husky Rider

Oddometer: 111
Both days rides will have new class 4 road sections with great views. Finished the 2nd ride yesterday. With the help of a group of 4 wheelers with their wenches and our man power we moved a large tree blocking the road. Long range weather looks good for next weekend.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
Racer111v
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
I'm riding up after work tomorrow, should be there by dark. I'll tent it Fri and Sat, and probably do a shortened ride on Sunday.

See you guys up there........
Old 07-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
Nice_Rumble OP
Beastly Adventurer

Day 2 of the CCCofVT club ride out of Johnson, VT was excellent. Trail boss Wayne Longe and his crew treated us to some of his old stock that hadn't been ridden for years. The new section was 28 miles in length and had a bit of technical trail in it. It was so overgrown in places it was easy to miss a turn.

About 25 riders turned on this sunny and warm summer day in northern VT. Signup and membership renewal was busy.

Tony Treanor came out to ride sweep.

Bruce from Barnard was there. He rode the DARC ride on Saturday out of Tunbridge.

Carrie and Gibson were there enjoying a day in the woods.

Wayne held a brief riders meeting alerting riders what to be aware of.

Christian, Bob and Dave came up from New York.

Ted and Tony.

Kenny and Sue came up to ride Wayne's (NOS) "new old stock".

The stream crossing wasn't as bad as we were told it would be.

The route sheet had an error that caused a few riders to lose 10 or 15 minutes trying to get back on the route.

This rider came up from CT.

The 950 rider from NH did an admiral job negotiating the tight terrain.

The gas/lunch stop was in Montgomery.

The next CCCofVT club ride will be held August 3rd out of Brookline, VT. Come out and enjoy a day of riding southern VT.

Nice_Rumble screwed with this post 07-22-2014 at 03:28 AM
Old 07-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #7
McB
Joe 40 ouncer

Oddometer: 15,394
The last shot is Montgomery Center, no?
I grew up a few miles from there.
McB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #8
Green Mtn Rider
Husky Rider

Oddometer: 111
Yes Montgomery was the mid point of the 100 mile ride.
Sorry about my mistake on the route sheet after the reset. Made notes on clearing up other hard to find turns in the new sections for future rides.
Still was a great 200+ mile 2 day event.
Aug 3rd out of Newfane will be a great one also to see another part of VT.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
Racer111v
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
First of all, THANK YOU to everyone involved in putting together this event. I really had a blast.

The first clip is rather short and a little uneventful. But it was proof that I can ride and count at the same time. How many people do you see on the atv that we pass by...............

This clip has a little more action.......if you get bored, fast forward to the 5:00 minute mark. Bill tries a freestyle move, but doesn't stick the landing.

This clip Bill makes his move a little sooner. You will have to see when for your self. I rode both days with Bill and his friend Jim. Both were great guys and fun to ride with. Bill took the crashes in stride, as well as me catching them on camera.

More on there way soon............
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM   #10
OutDoorMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Thanks for the pics Skip! Thanks to Wayne and everyone that put the ride on! Great weather and great riding