Yep, that's the plan.
LoriKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #32
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtracks
Ok, we're a little bit late for this season.... or maybe just early for next year.

We've decided to open a small shop in Fairbanks to provide tire changes along with basic repair and maintenance, machining, and precision TIG welding services.
IdeaMan and myself, 2 Kalifornicators, will be leaving for your neck of the woods on Aug. 15. Should be up there by Aug 21 or so. We'll make every effort to come by and say 'howdy' at least.. and do repairs as necessary. It will be great to have fellow ADVriders in the biz when we need it! Lookin forward to meeting you guys.
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. Only 694 more to go.
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #33
AKtracks OP
Kilted Fükengrüver

Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyvking
IdeaMan and myself, 2 Kalifornicators, will be leaving for your neck of the woods on Aug. 15. Should be up there by Aug 21 or so. We'll make every effort to come by and say 'howdy' at least.. and do repairs as necessary. It will be great to have fellow ADVriders in the biz when we need it! Lookin forward to meeting you guys.

Cool, hope to see ya. Let me know if you might need anything in particular and I can make sure we have what you need on hand.

Adventure Cycleworks Providing support to the Adventure Touring Motorcyclist in Fairbanks, Alaska

-
AKtracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #34
kootenay kid
Lets Ride

Oddometer: 2,614
Maintain your current Great attitude even when you are swamped and always reflect excellent customer service/Relations and you will prosper.
kootenay kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #35
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

GPS data

I'm sitting at Shawn & Dan's right now getting a little work done. GPS coordinates show:

N 64*54.396'
W 147*40.162'

sorry.. my cell phone does'nt have a *degree* character.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #36
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

GPS data

I'm sitting at Shawn & Dan's right now getting a little work done. GPS coordinates show:

N 64*54.396'
W 147*40.162'

sorry.. my cell phone does'nt have a *degree* character.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #37
molamphy
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I have to go to Fort Wainwright next year so making a 'business' ride out of it from Olympia. Should be visiting the shop the end of May.
I like the pressure washer, fuel can rental and gear drop ideas. I'll even spring for a t-shirt and sticker!

Do you have hot coffee?!

John
'08 MTS1100S
'92 851 Strada
molamphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #38
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,501
^ Hello and welcome ADVn00b and fellow Ducatisti molamphy!

Pretty cool you're able to combine a ride and business trip.

Have fun, Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:38 AM   #39
AKTroy
BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer: 2,208
Glad to hear this is working out for ya. Been hearing good things about those tires. If you got a pair for an 800 GS I'll grab them next time I visit Fairbanks. Im loading coal trains in Healy, planning a trip up to replenish some supplies next weekend.
AKTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:13 AM   #40
molamphy
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc
^ Hello and welcome ADVn00b and fellow Ducatisti molamphy!

Pretty cool you're able to combine a ride and business trip.

Have fun, Mark H.
Thanks for the advice about this place, Mark. See you in May!
molamphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #41
AKtracks OP
Kilted Fükengrüver

Quote:
Originally Posted by molamphy
I have to go to Fort Wainwright next year so making a 'business' ride out of it from Olympia. Should be visiting the shop the end of May.
I like the pressure washer, fuel can rental and gear drop ideas. I'll even spring for a t-shirt and sticker!

Do you have hot coffee?!

John
'08 MTS1100S
'92 851 Strada
We got the coffee....the shirts & stickers should be available in spring.

Adventure Cycleworks Providing support to the Adventure Touring Motorcyclist in Fairbanks, Alaska

-
Old 11-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #42
AKtracks OP
Kilted Fükengrüver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTroy
Glad to hear this is working out for ya. Been hearing good things about those tires. If you got a pair for an 800 GS I'll grab them next time I visit Fairbanks. Im loading coal trains in Healy, planning a trip up to replenish some supplies next weekend.
I've got a pallet full on the boat heading North now, with one set of F800 tires in the pallet that hasn't been spoken for yet (selling these friggin' things before they even make landfall). As a FYI to those interested in these tires, recent regulation changes in the European Union have slowed Heidenau shipments into the US. Word is there will be no more imported until mid/late December. We're in the process of building inventory now, so we should be good to go well before riding season.

-
Old 11-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #43
CaptUglyDan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
I've got a pallet full on the boat heading North now, with one set of F800 tires in the pallet that hasn't been spoken for yet (selling these friggin' things before they even make landfall). As a FYI to those interested in these tires, recent regulation changes in the European Union have slowed Heidenau shipments into the US. Word is there will be no more imported until mid/late December. We're in the process of building inventory now, so we should be good to go well before riding season.
This is great news, I missed this thread as it was posted the day after I left for AK on July 30th, I unfortunatley only made it to Whitehorse due to a transmission bearing failure on my R100GS, Had to limp down to Skagway and take the ferry back home to Bellingham. The good news is its fixed and ready to go again next July on the exact same route I had planned (Deadhorse) last trip. So I'll be contacting you in the near future for a change out of tires, and some stickers while I'm up in your neck of the woods.
Even with the bearing failure I have to say it was the greatest ride of my life, Got to ride into Hyder and Skagway, So if anyone asks me if I've ever been to Alaska on a bike I can say, Sure have, Twice!
CaptUglyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #44
AKTroy
BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer: 2,208
Quote:
I've got a pallet full on the boat heading North now, with one set of F800 tires in the pallet that hasn't been spoken for yet (selling these friggin' things before they even make landfall).
Consider them spoken for. Send me a pm when there here and I'll plan my trip up around that.
AKTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #45
AKtracks OP
Kilted Fükengrüver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTroy
Consider them spoken for. Send me a pm when there here and I'll plan my trip up around that.

PM sent.

-