ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Dysco OP
Whackaducker

Oddometer: 16,192
KLR at University Hospital

I never do this, but...

Does anyone know who has an '08 KLR with missing fairing parts, soft bags, and yellow barkbusters sporting an ADV sticker?

I'm the guy with the ugly white DR650 you've been parking next to the last couple days and I have a really pressing question...
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Oddometer: 1,717
When in doubt leave a note on the bike.
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,459
leave a note on the bike???/!!!! Doesn't seem very high tech....ADV riders would assume that it was a parking ticket, crumple it up (unred), jump on their scooter and motor away!
_Magoo_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:06 AM   #4
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco
I never do this, but...

Does anyone know who has an '08 KLR with missing fairing parts, soft bags, and yellow barkbusters sporting an ADV sticker?

I'm the guy with the ugly white DR650 you've been parking next to the last couple days and I have a really pressing question...
Where do you guys park? I work in the physics dept directly south of the hospital and hosptial employees have taken over all of our parking... Haven't spotted any KLRs around here.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
Dysco OP
Whackaducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1
When in doubt leave a note on the bike.
I have a rule about leaving even notes on bikes. Would rather make a fool of myself here.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
Dysco OP
Whackaducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilNinjaDog
Where do you guys park? I work in the physics dept directly south of the hospital and hosptial employees have taken over all of our parking... Haven't spotted any KLRs around here.
Do you mean directly north? South is a trailer park.

That's what I wanted to talk to that rider about. The word from my wife (and she's done it a lot, but only at night) is that bikes can park for free around the poles by the gates where the bicycles and scooters are in the Lep*rino garage (don't want the parking nazis to search this one). I've been parking in the northwest corner, closest to the research buildings. The KLR has a parking pass sticker which makes me nervous. Those parking guys are especially vicious with students. I haven't seen the pass on any other bike, but they're expensive ($36 a MONTH for me)
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #7
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,895
Knock the bike over. That will give you a reason to leave a note. He will get back to you promptly.

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
Dysco OP
Whackaducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris
Knock the bike over. That will give you a reason to leave a note. He will get back to you promptly.
I could knock it over and set it up again and they'd never notice. It's my kinda KLR- missing side panels and all.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,223
Quote:
Do you mean directly north? South is a trailer park.

That's what I wanted to talk to that rider about. The word from my wife (and she's done it a lot, but only at night) is that bikes can park for free around the poles by the gates where the bicycles and scooters are in the Lep*rino garage (don't want the parking nazis to search this one). I've been parking in the northwest corner, closest to the research buildings. The KLR has a parking pass sticker which makes me nervous. Those parking guys are especially vicious with students. I haven't seen the pass on any other bike, but they're expensive ($36 a MONTH for me)
I'm so retarded I immediately assumed you were talking about UNM's hospital and failed to notice you are in CO. Carry on...

$36 a month?! At UNM you can get a motorcycle permit for $70 for the whole year. It enables you to park in any of the (ubiquitous) motorcycle parking anywhere on campus. I'm surprised a University is charging that much for bike permits.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
Doubletrackmind
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
it may be #1Fan. Is there a Les Claypool sticker on it?

I'll text him and tell him about this thread.
Doubletrackmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
_Magoo_
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilNinjaDog
I'm so retarded I immediately assumed you were talking about UNM's hospital and failed to notice you are in CO. Carry on...

$36 a month?! At UNM you can get a motorcycle permit for $70 for the whole year. It enables you to park in any of the (ubiquitous) motorcycle parking anywhere on campus. I'm surprised a University is charging that much for bike permits.
Don't feel bad, Devil, I assumed he was talking about UNM hospital as well!! (my bad)

_Magoo_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
Doubletrackmind
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
ah never mind, #1fan is Denver health.

see thread.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hlight=%231fan
Doubletrackmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
Dysco OP
Whackaducker

Sorry guys, I was being all Denver-ist.

The parking pigs are militant here- for $54 you can get a monthly car pass... as a student. My wife is an employee and has to cough up $2/day. There is a bus pass included in tuition ($46/semester) that's a pretty good deal and I've been using it, I just want to be a little more independent sometimes.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
croeder6000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
That's me

The fairings are off because I just pulled my SW Motech bars off. I need to decide to leave them that way and get my bike back out of its rat bike state.

I was damn curious about parking in those garages because I've seen only a few stickers myself. @#$@@$!! yeah, it *IS* $36/month. I'm staff. If I'd read this message a few hours ago, I would have cancelled my sticker today. I'm leaving for vacation this weekend and will default into another quarter of fees on the 1st.

Anyway, nice DR. I really don't get KLRs now. I was surprised at how much better the bike rides with a 1/2 full tank and no bars, and no tool tube. I figure that's good for 35 lbs.

-Chris

croeder6000 screwed with this post 09-25-2009 at 07:04 PM
croeder6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #15
croeder6000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Talking

Quote:
I could knock it over and set it up again and they'd never notice. It's my kinda KLR- missing side panels and all.
ROTFL, but thanks for the discretion, those radiators aren't that tough either.
croeder6000 is offline   Reply With Quote