Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
XPLORZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
I am blessed to have Mt St Helens in my "back yard". Glad you enjoyed your time out here in the PNW, I enjoyed your report. It's always nice seeing something you are very familiar with through someone elses eyes. Thanks!
XPLORZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,200
I can't tell you how much that ride influenced me EXPLORZ. I'm in love with the place. JaxObsessed, if you will...CrazyBrit sent me up there, and now I can't get back there fast enough. So many great places to go. JaxWife wants to see it too.
Thanks for the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLORZ
I am blessed to have Mt St Helens in my "back yard". Glad you enjoyed your time out here in the PNW, I enjoyed your report. It's always nice seeing something you are very familiar with through someone elses eyes. Thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #18
Wout67
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,138
Glad you enjoyed our neck of the woods.. we are blessed to live in such a beautiful, motorcycle friendly area.

If you ever come back out here, I could show you some incredible areas...

And some killer micro-brews to boot.

www.iamsecond.com
Wout67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #19
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus McGee
Glad you enjoyed our neck of the woods.. we are blessed to live in such a beautiful, motorcycle friendly area.

If you ever come back out here, I could show you some incredible areas...

And some killer micro-brews to boot.

Thanks Angus! I am SOOOOO taking you up on your offer. I'll PM you when the time comes.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:59 AM   #20
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,376
Nice ride report. I like the Harry Truman info added.

Like the others I enjoy seeing my area through the eyes of people from other area. The NW is a great place to ride and I hope you do have the opportunity to return with your wife and share the fun with her.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #21
JaxObsessed OP

Thanks LadyBug! I did some homework before I went about Harry. He was living a great life and I hope to be just as stubborn and unwilling to let go of my life (as I know it) at 80+.
Yeh, I'm sick of taking adventures w/o JaxWife.... the pix and story just don't share the awe and joy of being there. I'm going to pm a bunch of you ADV FFs the next time I come out. It would be great to meet Y'all.
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Nice ride report. I like the Harry Truman info added.

Like the others I enjoy seeing my area through the eyes of people from other area. The NW is a great place to ride and I hope you do have the opportunity to return with your wife and share the fun with her.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:11 AM   #22
Thorne
Sherpa-ing around

Oddometer: 1,204

Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #23
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,343
I also need to get back to that area. Now that I'm retired and would not have to hurry along as I did in '04. Heck, I had to run right at 7000 miles in 13 days. Not good for sight seeing.

A '00 KLR 650 37,000 miles, A '07 1250S 75,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 73,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #24
CoomaGravelSurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Mt St Hellens

Looks like a place that the Aussie contingent could visit
Much more civilised that India
Add possible danger (The Big Exploding Mountain)
And we are there like a flash
What does the bike cost to hire ??

Nice photos

M
Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #25
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoomaGravelSurfer
Looks like a place that the Aussie contingent could visit
Much more civilised that India
Add possible danger (The Big Exploding Mountain)
And we are there like a flash
What does the bike cost to hire ??

Nice photos

M
Thanks,
The bike was $150 US a day(30 hours) and $180 for a 1200GS. They didnt have any 1200s the day I went. It is one of the finest places to ride here in the US. I would post to the PNW regional forum and get the best advise from the locals. I am also fond of Utah, Arizona, and the Blue Ridge Parkway in the east and the Trans America Trail (for more dirty persuits.
I would like to try your neck of the world sometime, Australia and NZ. I've seen some great ride reports from down there.

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 01-04-2010 at 10:27 AM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #26
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley
I also need to get back to that area. Now that I'm retired and would not have to hurry along as I did in '04. Heck, I had to run right at 7000 miles in 13 days. Not good for sight seeing.
I just noticed your post.
Hey Andy, I hope to grow up and retire someday... The sooner the BETTER! I've got a crapload of riding to do and very little time to do so. I sit here in the cube farm dreaming and .

Good luck getting back out there, though I would take your weather right now!Enjoy.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 AM   #27
Dozer1
i ride your bike

Oddometer: 298
Nice report Jax..now you've got me itching to ride the PNW. I will have to yell at you across the office for advice on roads
"Once again there is tons of South Americans, Europeans and miscellanious Asians strolling around but dang few Americans. They are probably busy working overtime saving up for just the right bike, gps, saddle bags, blue tooth, crash bars, audio mixer/wahatever. Work harder, faster I am sure that next bike will be the one to make you happy."
www.flickr.com/noahscialom
Dozer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #28
JaxObsessed OP

I'm sorry to say that the dealer I rented the bike from is not renting bikes any more...
http://www.bmwor.com/custompage2.asp?pg=rentals Has the details
Old 04-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #29
caretaker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Thanks for the Tour

a short ride for you and us It was back in April of 1981 the Queen and I road our pedal bikes from Salem, oregon to Arcata, ca. Next time out I'll be on the moto would love to do some fishing also!
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #30
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker
a short ride for you and us It was back in April of 1981 the Queen and I road our pedal bikes from Salem, oregon to Arcata, ca. Next time out I'll be on the moto would love to do some fishing also!
Thanks caretaker.

It's an awesome area. I'm seriously jealous of folks living or going there. Plenty of fishing too!
Enjoy.