ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #61
apleschu
Chief Cat Herder
 
apleschu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: H-town
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey
Yep! That's the ticket!

Pretty nifty, huh?

I didn't see...how many per side, or are you going to make me count?
Exactly 23 per side. (Thats with the 5mm o-rings)
apleschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #62
JoDawg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JoDawg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Hamilton Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 198
Did mine tonight using the Renthal ATV grips Sturgeon mentioned. Went on easy as pie. Sturgeon and I are Leaving for the Trans Labrador Hwy. on Saturday. We'll let you know how they work out when we return.
__________________
___________________

JoDawg

2009 F800GS
BMWMOA #146900
JoDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:09 AM   #63
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer
 
sturgeon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Great White North
Oddometer: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDawg
Did mine tonight using the Renthal ATV grips Sturgeon mentioned. Went on easy as pie. Sturgeon and I are Leaving for the Trans Labrador Hwy. on Saturday. We'll let you know how they work out when we return.
And the farkle race continues
sturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #64
lilmonkey
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lilmonkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 229
so what the verdict on the o-rings?
__________________
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
2012 BMW R 1200 GS "Rallye Edition"

Previous:
2010 BMW F650GS 1989 Honda Transalp 1989 Honda Hawk NT650 1980 Honda Hawk CB400
lilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #65
dukedar
60 easy payments!
 
dukedar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, Qc
Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey
so what the verdict on the o-rings?
I don't know about the others, but McMaster Carr will NOT ship to me

Looking local now, just haven't had time to really get into it
__________________
Darren
'09 BMW F800GS
dukedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #66
apleschu
Chief Cat Herder
 
apleschu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: H-town
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey
so what the verdict on the o-rings?
I absolutely LOVE it. No squishy feeling, and no problem in rain either (A few folks suggested that this may be a problem in rain. I'd do it again (I will do it again with the next bike) in a heartbeat.
__________________
Andy
KA5PLE | Houston, TX | '14 R1200GSAW
apleschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #67
apleschu
Chief Cat Herder
 
apleschu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: H-town
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedar
I don't know about the others, but McMaster Carr will NOT ship to me

Looking local now, just haven't had time to really get into it
Had no problems with McMaster shipping to me. Did they say WHY they don't want to or can't ship?
__________________
Andy
KA5PLE | Houston, TX | '14 R1200GSAW
apleschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #68
dukedar
60 easy payments!
 
dukedar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, Qc
Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by apleschu
Had no problems with McMaster shipping to me. Did they say WHY they don't want to or can't ship?
Sure, I live in Canuckistan:

" Subject: Regarding Your McMaster-Carr Inquiry

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, due to the ever increasing complexity of United States export regulations, McMaster-Carr will only process orders from a few long-established customers in Canada. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this causes you.

Thank you,

David Ulam

McMaster-Carr Supply Co
330-995-5929
"


Thanks but No Thanks...

Still on my list to look local, I am dying to try this!
__________________
Darren
'09 BMW F800GS
dukedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #69
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
GeckoRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Oakland, CA, USA, Thrid Rock from the Star Sol
Oddometer: 443
So much for NAFTA and free trade. . . Free if it only make someone wealthy more money.
__________________
F800GS Mag/Black 2009 "Faucon GriS"
Farkles; Garmin GPSMap478 in a TT cradle, Airhawk seatpad, Pivot Pegs, SW-motech bars, MOD skid plate, Altrider headlight guard, HDB handguards, Maier Mudguard.
GeckoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #70
apleschu
Chief Cat Herder
 
apleschu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: H-town
Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedar
Sure, I live in Canuckistan:

" Subject: Regarding Your McMaster-Carr Inquiry

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, due to the ever increasing complexity of United States export regulations, McMaster-Carr will only process orders from a few long-established customers in Canada. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this causes you.

Thank you,

David Ulam

McMaster-Carr Supply Co
330-995-5929
"


Thanks but No Thanks...

Still on my list to look local, I am dying to try this!
That sucks
__________________
Andy
KA5PLE | Houston, TX | '14 R1200GSAW
apleschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #71
lilmonkey
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lilmonkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 229
I sense a business opportunity in Canada...o-ring king.
__________________
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
2012 BMW R 1200 GS "Rallye Edition"

Previous:
2010 BMW F650GS 1989 Honda Transalp 1989 Honda Hawk NT650 1980 Honda Hawk CB400
lilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #72
ouray rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ouray rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: St. Johns River/ Bayou
Oddometer: 121
The solution !

There I was thinking I needed to re-handle my raquetball raquet when it hit me! The solution.

I went to sports Authority and got two things. A "Tourna Grip" which is a tennis handle wrap.($7.99) If your cheap just get a roll of friction tape. ($1.00) The product material has a little give and has enough product for three grips. Wrap and tape the grip at both ends.
The 2nd product is called "What a Grip". ($5.99) You'll need two of these. Same concept , cut to lenght of grip area. A provided small bag goes over the grip. You then roll one end over slightly to get a good grip and you slid it over the grip and bag. It takes longer to write this than do. it. It's exactly like putting a rubber on. Do I have your attention ! Pull the bag out and adjust and your done. You can tailor make the girth of the grip what you want and you have a nice new durable grip that looks and feels it was made for your bike. The grips have an ever so slight cushion to them that cuts vibration too.

P.S. If you have trouble getting the bag out, roll you rubber from the outside in and pull the bag out. Re-roll your rubber to the outside of the bike and your done! Do not cut short, a little long is better . If you ever wear out just buy another grip.

Many of our lady riders will probably easily follow the procedure from past experiences.
__________________
"When you come to a fork in the road, Take it"
Yogi Berri
ouray rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #73
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso,NM
Oddometer: 4,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouray rider
There I was thinking I needed to re-handle my raquetball raquet when it hit me! The solution.

I went to sports Authority and got two things. A "Tourna Grip" which is a tennis handle wrap.($7.99) If your cheap just get a roll of friction tape. ($1.00) The product material has a little give and has enough product for three grips. Wrap and tape the grip at both ends.
The 2nd product is called "What a Grip". ($5.99) You'll need two of these. Same concept , cut to lenght of grip area. A provided small bag goes over the grip. You then roll one end over slightly to get a good grip and you slid it over the grip and bag. It takes longer to write this than do. it. It's exactly like putting a rubber on. Do I have your attention ! Pull the bag out and adjust and your done. You can tailor make the girth of the grip what you want and you have a nice new durable grip that looks and feels it was made for your bike. The grips have an ever so slight cushion to them that cuts vibration too.

P.S. If you have trouble getting the bag out, roll you rubber from the outside in and pull the bag out. Re-roll your rubber to the outside of the bike and your done! Do not cut short, a little long is better . If you ever wear out just buy another grip.

Many of our lady riders will probably easily follow the procedure from past experiences.
That`s just too awesome.... I will try this tomorrow.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #74
guzzimike
Beastly Adventurer
 
guzzimike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Them Thar Hills WA Australia
Oddometer: 1,382
Might be a little more difficult for you guys in the US but I went to a sports store and bought 1 cricket bat grip $1.99. Cut it half, lubed with WD40, slipped on, jobs done! The WD40 seems to disperse after 15mins or so and they're a solid as.
__________________
Armageddon Was Yesterday, Today We Have a Problem

East is East & West is West 2008
http://www.advrider.com/forums/ad.php?t=400050
A Long Weekend 2009
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523893
All the Way to Nowhere & Back Again. 2010
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619683


Save 5 bucks on your Smugmug, use my discount code
hQo9Atub1N9jg

guzzimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #75
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The great state of confusion
Oddometer: 4,130
In the bicycle shop where I once worked we used hair-spray.
Slippery when wet, but dries a bit tacky so all good.
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014