Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #226
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan
Uh oh - I didn’t realize that anyone would still be reading this... I let our photobucket account lapse and I deleted some videos. Sorry!

Maybe I should have subscribed to my own thread so I could keep up...

It'll be alive for many years now: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552416

Old 03-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #227
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Fantastic RR- Think I need to add this trip to the stack I've got planned...
Thanks!!!
Prior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #228
RideDualSport.com
TPB all the way

Oddometer: 1,486
Congratulations on completing the TAT! I am amazed at your most excellent attitude and perseverance! That was a very tough ride, especially given all the injuries you sustained, the stormy weather and the tough navigating!
I truly enjoyed your report!
Alaska Deep Adventure
RideDualSport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #229
209ninja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
I absolutely loved that Report. I am thinking about riding the TAT west and loved the colorful comments and great pics. Makes me driven to ride it now, minus the man swallowing holes..lol I will also pass on the sinkhole. Do you ride 2up on adventure rides often?

2008, KTM, 990, Adventure, Current
2008, Kawasaki, Ninja, ZX-10 Current
2005, KTM, 950, Adventure, For Sale
2003, KTM, 625, SXC, Sold
Pics: http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac157/209ninja/

SierraNevadaAdventures.com Member

http://www.sierranevadaadventures.com
209ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #230
LittleWan
You can do it!

Oddometer: 1,760
Hey Guys,
I found one of the videos I had deleted. Nothing exciting - just us enjoying Highway 1, loaded down with crap. This is from the trip to Stonyford so we have camping gear - Gobi bags & that horrible top case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209ninja
Do you ride 2up on adventure rides often?
Hi 209ninja,
No, we haven't done a ton of riding 2up in the dirt (I assume by "adventure" you mean non-pavement). For years, I would stay home and take care of our elderly dog while Matt rode.
Now that my sweet dog is gone I'm free to ride with Matt as much as possible. Gotta make up for lost time!

We did a Baja trip (as far south as La Paz) that was mostly off road - lots of sand and I thought we were going to die going from San Evaristo to La Paz. Racing the sun at 80 mph (it’s hard to float an overloaded school bus), deep sand and lots of vados...

That was our only “big” off road trip before this one (TAT). The rest were just weekend trips and day rides. Good dirt is hard to find in the bay area! That's why we loved the TAT.

We're starting to plan this summer's ride - it's looking like the best of TAT west (CO to NV), OBDR, and maybe some Idaho, Montana, Wyoming...

Oso bored? you can find the rest of our ride reports HERE
make stupid your favorite!
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #231
209ninja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
So will you be riding 2up or on your own bike this time? ANd also about how long did it take you to complete the last TAT ? Sorry to hear about your doggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan
Hey Guys,
I found one of the videos I had deleted. Nothing exciting - just us enjoying Highway 1, loaded down with crap. This is from the trip to Stonyford so we have camping gear - Gobi bags & that horrible top case.

Hi 209ninja,
No, we haven't done a ton of riding 2up in the dirt (I assume by "adventure" you mean non-pavement). For years, I would stay home and take care of our elderly dog while Matt rode.
Now that my sweet dog is gone I'm free to ride with Matt as much as possible. Gotta make up for lost time!

We did a Baja trip (as far south as La Paz) that was mostly off road - lots of sand and I thought we were going to die going from San Evaristo to La Paz. Racing the sun at 80 mph (it’s hard to float an overloaded school bus), deep sand and lots of vados...

That was our only “big” off road trip before this one (TAT). The rest were just weekend trips and day rides. Good dirt is hard to find in the bay area! That's why we loved the TAT.

We're starting to plan this summer's ride - it's looking like the best of TAT west (CO to NV), OBDR, and maybe some Idaho, Montana, Wyoming...

2008, KTM, 990, Adventure, Current
2008, Kawasaki, Ninja, ZX-10 Current
2005, KTM, 950, Adventure, For Sale
2003, KTM, 625, SXC, Sold
Pics: http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac157/209ninja/

SierraNevadaAdventures.com Member

http://www.sierranevadaadventures.com
209ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #232
LittleWan
You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209ninja
So will you be riding 2up or on your own bike this time? ANd also about how long did it take you to complete the last TAT ? Sorry to hear about your doggy.
Aw, thanks. He was the best dog, ever.
Still doing 2up. It will be a loooong time before I can ride well enough to handle silty rutted two track for days on end, slick mud, loose boulders, etc...

It took us 12 days (including the rest day in battle mountain) do to the TAT from trinidad to port orford. Summary is here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...493953&page=11

This time we're going to bring camping gear so we'll have more flexibility. Some days will be longer, some shorter, but we won't have to find a motel every night.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #233
DSGrumpy
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Great RR and Wonder Woman Too!

Just finished reading your fantastic RR. What a great trip and I am so impressed with your toughness. We're planning the Alaska Highway in 2011, but I think Colorado and the TAT are on the horizon for 2012.
Thanks again for the RR and be safe.
DSGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #234
LittleWan
You can do it!

Hey...

Where'd this old thing come from?

Hi DSGrumpy
Wow, your very first post!
Thank you for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the RR.
We loved the TAT west so much, we did it again

The RR is here (link), but I'm getting bogged down in the OBCDR.
I probably won't get to the TAT section of the report until october.

Thanks for reading!

Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #235
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,724
Ok, ok, ran into your Summer of Stupid RR last year and dog eared it for my reading pleasure at a later time. Of course, never got around to it. So now I stumbled across you guys again and decided as is my OCD nature that I must start at the start and read all the reports in your sig from oldest to newest, beginning to end. Of course, I tend to cheat and read mostly the report and not so much of the comments.
Anyhoo...
Just finished this one and would like to think that I could try following what you guys do 2 up on your 990 solo on my 950. My ambitions generally outweigh my strength and abilities, but there it is. Pretty amazing stuff you two do. I love finding other girls on ADV who enjoy this riding as much as me.
Now on I go to the Summer of Stupid.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #236
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,724
Ok.
Um, correction here. Just got to day 3, part 2 of the Summer of Stupid. I do not think I will follow you guys anywhere. My husband and your husband would get along pretty well. He has that bushwacking spirit that I am completely devoid of. Not so much with his 1200GS as on his Ventana mtn bike. I am more adventurous on the motorcycle to be sure, but I like a defined road/trail with a determined destination. Lost in Nevada and ending up over our heads in High Rock Canyon was great in retrospect, but I don't think big bad Katoom riders are supposed to cry. I think you two would have me crying in short time. I could probably tough it out, and looking back would enjoy the adventure, but the Wimpy Moody Bitch would definitely make an appearance more than once. How the hell do you do it Little Wan?

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #237
LittleWan
You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes95821 View Post
Ok.
Um, correction here. Just got to day 3, part 2 of the Summer of Stupid. I do not think I will follow you guys anywhere.

Hi hobbes95821!
thanks for reading the old ride reports, I'm glad they're still floating around

It's fantastic that you're on a 950!
Love seeing the big bikes out in the dirt, and not too many women can handle such a heavy beast (I couldn't).
Nice!
but you're obviously too intelligent to be riding with us ( "I do not think I will follow you guys anywhere" )

Smart lady!

How do I do it?

I'm not that bright.

anyway, thanks for digging this thing out of storage!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #238
BMWORBUST
Banned

Oddometer: 499
Great RR! We were also looking at the big KTM for our touring. I hope it works well for you guys.

Good luck!
BMWORBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #239
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Something about those Wans!

So after having read some reports and heard about the Wans, I had to go check out some of their ride reports. Seems that this was the first one you guys wrote? So, I thought I would start here. Thank you for the ride report! Awesome job!
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #240
scootertrash1
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb great ride report

My wife and I just finished this report and thoroughly enjoyed it. We are just a couple of old, dull, boring Goldwingers...............but if our bones weren't so brittle and our knee joints so unstable we would be reallly tempted to give it a try......................

thanks for all your work
scootertrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote