Dave Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #137
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Noel
Look forward to reading more.

Lots of woods roads in Goose to occupy your time. get down to North West River and meet some people down there. Really nice people.
Thanks man I'm working on getting this thing back to present if I can only find a good enough wifi that won't close their doors on me while I try to homested the place.

Thought I wanted to get married down there this morning at North West River right on the steps of the Hudson Bay trading company and then figured she wouldn't have a place to ride unless I got me a sidecar. Very pretty girl down there and no one threw rocks at me across the river, they where okay just needed a good friendly wave. Updates coming when I find me a good spot the visitors center closes early today
Throttlemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #138
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Here's a fat dickhead down in Quebec I guess, just for fun reminds me along the lines of the guy perving the fish in San Felipe:

I couldn't resist, I don't know about some to the so called artwork these days.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #139
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO1MX
Don't forget to check out the lighthouse in Point Amour
Where is this located? Might have missed it, I was in a bind and needed to cross the staight, I have to leave something for next time

You the guy on the red GSA right?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:57 PM   #140
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister
Here's a fat dickhead down in Quebec I guess, just for fun reminds me along the lines of the guy perving the fish in San Felipe:

I couldn't resist, I don't know about some to the so called artwork these days.

Thats not the only fat dickhead from Quebec but this one is probably done by a foreign artist and paid for by a grant from Canadian taxpayers. Your welcome and I hope you enjoyed some of my tax sponsored art work

I've been eyeballing your food pics and notice a distinct lack of any green vegetables or salads or the like . How about some cooked carrots and broccoli next time (with beer of course)

BobLoblaw screwed with this post 08-31-2009 at 01:56 PM
BobLoblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #141
SmilinJoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Hey John John

Sorry to hear about your friend. Very Sad. Looks like your eating very well and having a great time. The pics are very good. The self portraits are funnier than hell! Keep them coming. Enjoy the ride and Damn it man be safe!! Oh by the way it is 76 degrees and beautiful here today!!!
SmilinJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #142
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw
Thats not the only fat dickhead from Quebec but this one is probably done by a foreign artist and paid for by a grant from Canadian taxpayers. Your welcome and I hope you enjoyed some of my tax sponsored art work

I've been eyeballing your food pics and notice a distinct lack of any green vegetables or salads or the like . How about some cooked carrots and broccoli next time (with beer of course)

I will work the greens Bob (its right I forget so easy with all these new faces) The beer is the easiest to find

You fix that shock, I found I did have that bolt in my tool bag after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinJoe
Sorry to hear about your friend. Very Sad. Looks like your eating very well and having a great time. The pics are very good. The self portraits are funnier than hell! Keep them coming. Enjoy the ride and Damn it man be safe!! Oh by the way it is 76 degrees and beautiful here today!!!
I'll keep it up, I don't like them all but post them anyway for your viewing pleasure

helmet head talking on the Sat phone all the time
Old 08-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #143
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

If you still have those surplus shocks I'll take em. And my bolt wasn't bent but you did a good job of making me think about it once in awhile on the way home.

Your excellent RR has inspired me to put Newfoundland and Labrador on the top of my list for next year. Actually second, TALARR is first.

Cheers buddy, ride safe
Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #144
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Lost another due to the internest connection not what I did what a bunch or crap good thing I'm drinking here's the day with little commentary, have to use you imagination I guess, I'm not retyping this one.

Started off a the crazy windy spot, I survived but thought a few time about getting up and riding or putting up my tent:

Yeah it was freaking cool:

Up the road to Red Bay where there's a famous past resisdent, pretty too:

Her home bay:

My breakfast, would have enjoyed her company:

Here's a blade hand that make this a fast road. Jason told me where to find what I was looking for:

Had to make a special stop to see the hottest woman KLR rider in Labrador, just about didn't get to, her mom either liked me, felt sorry for me, or wanted me to leave. The mother, good genes:

While I wait, I think I will:

And Money Penny (Cindy), the hottie rider, this is one of the my favorite pictures of this bike, I tried to talk her into coming with me, I guess she will never know what she's missing if she doesn't have it :

Thought it best to get her mark, I won't be repainting the tank afterall:

Tall and sharp, physically and mentally. Going to school to study Biology and maybe teach something like it. Glad I got to met the rider but sorry she couldn't ride away with me. I'll keep looking...
Don't miss this fuel stop if you go:

Needed some relief by Paradise River:

Nice place for camping, not so bad getting up/down from the road:

Made it down the road, you can go faster with both hands:

Gravel super highway, only tricky spot down by where the pavement stops where the topping is all messed up other than that its all good.

I made it

Pictures from around town, mostly from the higher spots:

Editing this SOB before I go farther...

the other direction:

The I went higher up and that's where I met Dave on a late model KLR who had the front hoisted up fixing a flat front, screw running low air psi when your traveling. I went on up to the top where is the best place is Carthight, the Stone Hinge

Even better with the pano IMHO

My favorite from the top:

I left a mark, see if you can find it, you want regret it:

The info, more would be better, this is not the Dewline but the:

Soon enough it was time to start back down, I took a picture of Dave this time around:

Dinner before the boat ride, there's some green in there Bob:

Boat was late and took sometime to load with Richard, (red GS twin 650), Dave (KLR), and myself and the mule loading up in the middle of the mix, talk about a cluster getting off the boat.

Crazy tie down on the boat but I made it work with the C stand again with no ill effects.

Post shave the morning afterall with breakfast lip crude, no one would tell me Mary, see how nice that is to have people like me around

I slept good in my twin berth all to my self, Richard not wanting to impose I guess and Dave too drunk to remeber the directions to the room.
.05$ Saturday update

Sorry for the wimpy update but I got royally screwed by the network here at Mullengins in GB. 8/30 should be better or worse if you don't care for the stories.

Still loving it all

Throttlemeister screwed with this post 08-31-2009 at 04:28 PM
Old 08-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #145
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw
If you still have those surplus shocks I'll take em. And my bolt wasn't bent but you did a good job of making me think about it once in awhile on the way home.

Your excellent RR has inspired me to put Newfoundland and Labrador on the top of my list for next year. Actually second, TALARR is first.

Cheers buddy, ride safe
Glad your liking it, it will take me some time to get them up to you but I can. Shelling and getting the rebuildables is the best way but not the cheapest. Kyle racing is the shit for new Ohlins... plug plug

Let me know what you want to do
Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #146
VO1MX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Where is this located? Might have missed it, I was in a bind and needed to cross the staight, I have to leave something for next time

You the guy on the red GSA right?
Nope, the Black Varadero from the Soiree the lighthouse is located near Lance Au Loup on the coast of Labrador.

VO1MX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:51 PM   #147
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO1MX
Nope, the Black Varadero from the Soiree the lighthouse is located near Lance Au Loup on the coast of Labrador.
Yeah I remember you work at the Honda place, I like that bike very much along with the AfricaTwin.

Missed another one, maybe next time if there will be another, too much to see and do.

In Sha La or whatever
Old 08-31-2009, 05:02 PM   #148
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Glad your liking it, it will take me some time to get them up to you but I can. Shelling and getting the rebuildables is the best way but not the cheapest. Kyle racing is the shit for new Ohlins... plug plug

Let me know what you want to do
No rush, no worries. Give me a shout before you head to SA
Old 08-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #149
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Did you sleep here Do your knads glow in the dark No wonder Cindy didn't want to go with you

Wonder if she likes older men
Old 08-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #150
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlemeister'ssis
Oh well. God had mercy on me this weekend and sent me a cute pizza boy and a not-too-young-for-me 35 year old who lives in San Antonio. That kind of perked me up a bit.

Hell you are sounding like you have a dick