Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #166
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
fun feeling like you're in your own Dakar
Ride safe buddy
I just love looking back in my rearview and seeing that little strip of roughed up road I leave behind, my own little contrail with dust a brewing up. Good feeling for sure. Not going to be much dust today, rain set in pretty good.

Got a nice sauna, swim, and such fresh duds and its time to go find a party now.
Throttlemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #167
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
He drank his fair share of 1892 and QV Light at my house

Yeah, I can attest to that
That QV is yummy stuff - thanks for getting that sorted out Mike

Great to see your trip is rocking on John, keep up the good posts
And happy birthday
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #168
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 4,942
Hey Greg, if you make it to the funeral you'll be the only RTR member I think, and certainly the only one who was at the Soiree, it would be nice if you did.
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #169
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregster
Yeah, I can attest to that
That QV is yummy stuff - thanks for getting that sorted out Mike

Great to see your trip is rocking on John, keep up the good posts
And happy birthday
thanks dude those where some of the best beers
Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #170
izzy's
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
gas tanks

Saw the brunette beauty signing your gas tank a few days back. Guess the need for that tank you bought from me is no longer, how would you part with that tag. Your reports and pics are great, please keep them coming. Be safe and have fun. Izzy
izzy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #171
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy's
Saw the brunette beauty signing your gas tank a few days back. Guess the need for that tank you bought from me is no longer, how would you part with that tag. Your reports and pics are great, please keep them coming. Be safe and have fun. Izzy
That tank is only for my brother now, I will never repaint the ONE.

Glad you found the thread man, I will come eat dinner there sometime before I head South I hope.

That is a nice tank and I hate to coat it
Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #172
stargazer4957
n00b

Oddometer: 3
B'Day... Party time!!

Quote:
Came down to the supercenter in town snuck in a load of laudry (I was getting funk nasty), using the computer at the libary, the sanua when I'm finished computing, a dip in the pool at noon, and a nice shower to top it off to get ready for Lab city tonight and my B-day tomorrow. Can you say Partytime
Hey John! Still following you on your travels! It's always nice to live vicariously... at least! Great read and pics! Hope you have a fantastic Birthday... raise one for all of us you met along the way!! Stay safe! Marlene from NS
stargazer4957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #173
regfoo2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
back home with Mother

Hey John,
After 4350 miles this is what I do to relax...DUI on a mower in Jersey--Cheers
Old 09-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #174
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer4957
Hey John! Still following you on your travels! It's always nice to live vicariously... at least! Great read and pics! Hope you have a fantastic Birthday... raise one for all of us you met along the way!! Stay safe! Marlene from NS

Keep on riding, thanks for the happies, I love them all! i'm raising all I can here in Lab City with the miners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regfoo2
Hey John,
After 4350 miles this is what I do to relax...DUI on a mower in Jersey--Cheers
Your doing what I like.

Damn fine time and I glad I met the psycho, you the man Ron. I want my song and I know you have it. Give er hell.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #175
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

31st

I did meet a few advers after I got of the ferry, a rare bird NS 650 vmading the cw trip with a wee strom, kinda a different pair, the bikes not just meaning the bikes.

Not many ADVers here, maybe fast*st in the full stich, I just can't remember, he said he rode down the new road until they where blasting, who really knows. His buddy who he's riding with and a unknown goldwing junkie out of FL pulling a trailer out for his little ride:

Two Boston boys in the stich suits. This is long before I went to bed. recap for you

Feeling in high spirts even thought the rain tried to bring me down the next day:

Got going the next morning, and stop to document the place a little more:

big ass hornet's nest idf you like:

Went down to West Lake area but was way too early:

for the interpetation center here that I didn't partake:

I checked out the local snow moblile maker machine and wa impressed, looked late model:

This thing is mean:

Instead I ended up at the Hudson Bay where I damned near fell in love with a 17 year old by mistake, and then realized it wasn't for her and then a few miles down the road I figured it wasn't for me unless she was all in, Rebecca I think-she was a looker, the mule wants a load like this, I didn't have to twist her arm:

Then I went to the 2nd Hudson Bar Trading company in the new world:

Cool stuff with lots of history montage:

Got one just like this back home in the shop but not near this nice.

The other stuff:

A famous turbo beaver stablilzer you do the research:

Some other from the inside, rhw old motors:

Ballard is a story, the guy that couldn't but his old woman that could you will have to go or read up on the story, ask if you really want and I can dig up the paper.

I met the Clearance who was restoring something from the past, slower than he thinks, I know it takes a bit. The strory of the cable car:

and the refurb that clerence is way behind on unless he scapes it together, history here:

I was there:

I'll check back in a week to see if he's done like he says he can, bull shit I say straight up being honest and all, he believes, time will tell, there where witnesses, Shannon and the unknown-the town West River do alls. We went to have coffee with the local busniness and town trustee's the no pay people that want it to happen:

All these boys top notch citizens of Labrador and wanting it to be better.

Sunday Hill was said not to be missed:

I talked to the people over at the Hudson Bay Trading Company and like I heard earlier the Native Canadain's over at Sheshatshiu where some crazy mo fos but I didn't have any rock throwing my way when I went for a look, just put a bunch of my waves out there and some friendly toots of the horn to the little ones:

I was under the assumption from many others that trouble brews in the town on the South side of the river but at the time I was in country it was okay but I could see the decay and pyromanicac influence. No worries.

I went back into town and straignt to the dump to check for bears and I was not dissappointed. three bears where eating for my pleasure and I could get crazy close:

That aint a damn trashbag.

Fat bastard with a bum tail:

Da bears

Da Bears

I went on to the Resoure Road where I ran the road to the TLH where I ran into to Fred the rotor head from GB:

He took me oiut to some unknown falls outside of GB/HV by some snowmachine cabin out by Echo Lake cabin here:

Those falls:

I was there too:

Fred Fred Fred I no nothing more....

Here's the turnoff if your looking, use the reource road:

I came back out to the TLH once more afte heading back into the falls. I went back East toward town and came upon the new road and had to sign off on the causeway:

After this I went back into town for my package that finally showed up, thanks for Keith for sending it on my way, I had a hell of a time getting that high dollar box:

I was set for the great Northeast...

I messed around Mullingens Bar in GB until it closed after multilple Mexican specialss nice for someone who was looking for shelter and I got sent right passed the hospital to the town park where I set up shop, misreading the sign:
My morning view

I break rule only when needed:

Oh well no real harm done. No one came around looking for me.

The morning afte I was dressed in my special ninja attire:

Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #176
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

spelling is a bitch when you ve been drinking,
Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #177
VO1MX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister
spelling is a bitch when you ve been drinking,
Ah no worries John...we're all drinking while reading this so it makes sense to us

VO1MX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #178
throttlemeister'ssis
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Happy Birthday to You!

Hey there John Deere. Happy birthday! I'm sure you're gonna have a great day. Looks like you're still seeing some pretty country and getting around just fine. I left you a message this morning but wasn't sure when you'd ever turn on your phone again so I thought I'd leave you some birthday greetings on your page.

Made it back to San Antonio a little earlier than expected so, true to form had to change my trip around. After a drive to Dallas, a short plane ride to Tulsa, I should be in P Creek by 9 o'clock in the morning on Friday. Then, to get back, I've rented a car to Dallas, will stay with Kate, Ryan, Andi, and Moose, then drive on back to San Antonio. All with Copper in tow.

Got some bad news about my little guy earlier this week. That place on his lip grew back pretty fast so this time they've sent it off. Just waiting on the pathology report to come back. The doctor thought it looked suspect. So, keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for him. He seems to be doing good. He's lost all the weight he needs to (down to 76) a combo of his thyroid rx and starvation. Anyway, I'm looking forward to driving down the road with my little buddy.

Hope this is the best birthday ever! Wish I was there to celebrate with ya.
xx, Kay Beth
throttlemeister'ssis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #179
SmilinJoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Happy Birthday John!

Hope the Special day is Great! The stories and pics are great! keep them coming. Same old shit here at work! Be safe and careful out there and keep having a Kick-Ass time!!!
SmilinJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #180
mtndragon
Traveler

Oddometer: 295
Your report is full of great one liners...I will be borrowing this one to use on my own lil' sister. Jeez...girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister
Hell you are sounding like you have a dick

Happy Birthday man! Please drink one on credit from me today. I will repay you two when we connect later on your journey. I am really enjoying your quest to not set up a tent. Great mission.

I hate to do this, put if you could send me a PM with a rough idea of the week you will be ready for Baja that would be cool. Business is booming, and I am gonna have to do some planning and strategic manuvering to get time off to ride Baja with you. Work. ARrrggh. You do remember work don't you???

I hope not.

Ride on. Drink on. And congratulations on another year above ground, you are certainly doing it right.