Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #76
Easy-Z
Me wanna be

Oddometer: 3,424
Nixels, I met you earlier this year at Plan B.

Ian408 and Mike54 I've been wanting to meet both of you. Are you all making it up here for PNWetFest?

[/highjack]
Easy-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #77
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,305
Sounds like a good trip, and throw in seeing that puppy too...
YnotJP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #78
AMERUS
Traveler

Oddometer: 59
looks good love the food pics

AMERUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #79
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixels
See ya at WetFest.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #80
ladygodiva
Gnocca

Oddometer: 13,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog
Thanks all! Thanks for the offers and suggestions as well. I don't think I took a single pic today but I got a bunch to catch up on..crazy busy day riding all over LA..had to go into the Valley fuckin 110 in the stich(185). Man has Hollywood changed in 10 years..most my favorite places closed..but my peeps are still here...I gotta go figure out where I am heading tomorrow.

and so far two for two on successful meetings..nothing to pay the rent but..the doors are open a little wider today
Fingers crossed, sweetie.

"Life's too short to drink bad wine" Lessing

"The civilized people have lost the aptitude of stillness, and must take lessons in silence from the wild." Isak Dinesen aka Karen Blixen

"He who makes a beast of himself get's rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
ladygodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #81
NotBetty
secret weapon

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
so glad I got you hang with you.
Right back at ya!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #82
Rollin
Go.

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING EYEBALL
I
don't
know
how
I
missed
this
thread
before.

Thank you for taking us along mang.

The Road

We leave behind the ones we love for it. Spend our last dime for one more mile on it. We sacrifice the skin on our knuckles to keep our wheels rolling on it. Go through the worst weather to ride it. We look for it to solve our problems, to ease our pain, and forget our troubles. We make best friends on it. Lose best friends on it. We destroy our bodies when we fall on it Patch ourselves up to stay on it. We want our friends to join us But we’ll gladly ride it alone. We long for its embrace like a lover. Return to it time and time again Like an old, solid, best friend It will always be there for us.
Poetry.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #83
earwig
Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer: 4,722
Quote:
Hey . . . I know that spot. Stopped on a ride down to Mexico several years back.

Hiya, David!
earwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #84
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,922
thanks for the link, brudda...I need to get out of the basement more often. May your next meeting be your best meeting.

Keep it upright and smooth, daddy.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas

Johnny Dakar screwed with this post 08-27-2009 at 08:55 PM
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #85
L.A. Woman
angel collector

Oddometer: 5,546
Sorry I missed this too. 120 more miles and you coulda had a scrumptious feast at Casa Dakar. Sorry we missed you sweetie.

Make sure you jump in crater lake. I hear it IS fabulous.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #86
raindog OP
dharma bum

Oddometer: 16,993
hey Eric!
hey JD I woulda shouted..but had no time to head further south this go round.

ok..so time for a quick entry...I left off with Sunday. I've been interested in Buddhism for a long time. I find The Dharma makes perfect sense to me. Anywya I had been wanting to attend a class at Spirit rock for a long time and when i went on to check if anything coincided with my trip I was pleasantly surprised that there was an all-day class on 'Forgiveness and Assertiveness" well considering what I'm going through right now I couldn't imagine a more perfect class for me.

I was expecting maybe 75 folks to show up at this incredibly beautiful meditation center for the class..I was surprised when we had 375 people there

The class featured Dr. Fred Luskin director of the Stanford Forgiveness projects and Dr. Rick Hanson a neuro psychologist and buddhist scholar.
It was a really great day of information absorption. I like spending the day surrounded by engaged and thoughtful people while learning new stuff. i don't do it often enough.

anyway an amazing day and spirit rock offers a wide range of classes and meditation retreats and everything is on a sliding scale if you don't have the dough. Good folks.

After class headed over to the oakland hills to hook up with one of my oldest friends Johnny & his wife and have dinner and crash at their place..and see more puppies

John's wife Cindy breeds French Bulldogs as a hobby. not just any frenchies have you..but the kind that get flown all over on private jets and stuff..it's like the movie "best in show" only more bizarre..talk about stories

I got to hold the runt...here is what a 4K puppy looks like at 8 weeks

my homeboy Johnny..holding the man of the house

That cute little dog he's holding..after dinner..sat up next to me on the couch and started whacking it..I was like."is he doing what i think he's doing"..YUP..did he just lick his paw..YUP..alrighty then.

anyway Johnny kicked down with an amazing dinner of Curry chicken, rice, and a spicy Indian veggie medley

I don't think this guy was digging the fact we were eating chicken

stayed up late catching up with one of best friends. Woke up and hit berkely for breakfast a really great joint and i think it was called Rick and Annies (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but it's right across the street from the carlisle hotel..which I believe is the largest wood frame structure this side of mississippi
raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #87
raindog OP
dharma bum

Monday mid morning and I gotta get going to Los Angeles to get some work done. I wanted to take the coast but just didn't have the time. Flogged it down the 5 in the heat wave Had a lady in lexus SUV wave her finger at me and tell me to slow down..so i waved a finger back and told her to have a nice day. I don't think she heard me because i had my helmet on.

it was so Hot the bugs would dry as soon as they hit your face shield. I would try to wipe em off but they were instantly crustified

OK God if you don't smite the chick in the lexus..I will

my helmet is looking a lil ghetto

on the way

near bakersfied..I think this might have been a training excercise but I'm not sure

raindog screwed with this post 08-31-2009 at 03:07 PM
Old 08-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #88
raindog OP
dharma bum

I hit LA. checked into my room and got right back on the bike to head over toward Westchester to have a meeting and hit one of my favorite places to eat in LA...ALEJO's. They have two locations. I used to go to the one in Venice all the time but it's small and there is always a line. The one in westchester is big..no line..same food.

It's amazing Italian food but I have never seen a single employee that wasn't mexican..all the staff all the cooks everyone. They bring you bread with a bowl of chopped garlic and oil. It's the best..I ate a whole bowl by myself
then i got the same thing I get every time..the special Pizza with clams and shrimp and red pepper.

I've eaten at Alejos probably 100 times..I have only ordered one other thing and that was the carbonara..which is great..but the other 99 times..it's the Pizza..trust me..go there. Then check out marios Peruvian on Vine just below Melrose for garlic shrimp..that is a top secret
Old 08-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #89
Troutldy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,731
Old 08-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #90
Sasquatch
Banned

Oddometer: 4,770
David,
I hope you dont mind, but I am taking notes from your report. I am doing the exact same ride after wetfest. I have no schedule or destination, and will ride until the money runs out.

Would be nice to meet some of the inmates along the way.

Thanks for the ride, looking forward to seeing you at Wetfest!
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote