Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #31
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,555
I am currently out and considering making a second production run with some improvements. Right now I am also in the middle of opening a new parts and accessories shop so it will be a while. I can add you to the list of people to contact when I make another batch.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #32
Mak'inBacon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
availability?

Gotten any further on punching out more? Look like the real deal. Just snagged an X with 300 miles so need a couple add-ons.

I'm originally a fellow Buckeye if that helps...

Go Bucks!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #33
TrailMarshall
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Rear rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit
I am currently out and considering making a second production run with some improvements. Right now I am also in the middle of opening a new parts and accessories shop so it will be a while. I can add you to the list of people to contact when I make another batch.
muddyrabbit,

I'm late to the game but recently picked up the X Challenge. Looking for a rear rack and wanted to see if you were any closer to punching any out?

I know it's a long shot at this point but wanted to at least inquire.

Thanks
TrailMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #34
hdgypsyman
Part Time Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
XCountry Tail Rack

I'm in the process of outfitting a new to me XCountry and just mounted Hepco Becker racks onto my bike. Unfortumately, this means that the stock BMW rear rack will no longer fit without a total hack job. I did a search and stumbled onto this thread. I like the look, size and fit of muddyrabbit's rack, so I p.m.'d him to see if any were available. He's out of them right now, but here's what he told me:

"I would love to make another batch of these for inmates, and incorporate some design improvements in this batch (thicker material for the side supports). Unfortunately with business being slow I just cant afford to front the money to make a batch of 10 and have them sitting around right now. If, however, someone were to organize a group buy and get at least 5 of them pre sold I could have them produced and shipped in a couple of weeks."

I would be willing to prepay for a rack to be produced for my bike. Is there at least four more inmates that would want to commit to purchasing a rear rack from muddyrabbit? I would suggest posting here and sending a p.m. to muddyrabbit if you are game.

hdgypsyman screwed with this post 04-07-2011 at 10:37 AM
hdgypsyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #35
G650Xperiment
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Wanting a new tail rack

I, too, would be willing to pre pay for a rear tail rack for my X Challenge. I'm planning to mount a Rotopax 1 gallon tank on it. I'm thinking that should be a pretty clean and simple way to go. I hope production resumes and that you can make a buck or two whiling providing some of us with a great product once again. Thanks.
G650Xperiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #36
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

I still get requests for these every couple of months, but with other projects I just cant make this one a priority unless there are orders for 5 or more. If you are in and Gypsy is still in maybe we can find 3 more.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #37
hdgypsyman
Part Time Adventurer

Rack

I've held off on buying a top rack, so far, so I would definitely commit to buying a Muddyrabbit rack if it would be available within the next few months. Please keep me updated if you decide to go ahead. I'd send the funds promptly.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:02 AM   #38
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Ok
Old 08-07-2011, 05:42 AM   #39
hdgypsyman
Part Time Adventurer

Bump!

Just a bump to keep this thread alive and hopefully get enough interest to get another production run going
Old 08-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #40
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Since you asked i do have an update. I will have our first run of aluminum panniers soon and could have the laser shop cut tail racks at the same time. The materiel will be thicker this time as my beta testing in Baja revealed the sides were a little weak for extended off road abuse. All you G650X owners will also find the panniers particularly interesting as they will incorporate a solution to one of the design short comings of these bikes.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #41
Kieffer4
Somebody stop me!

Oddometer: 112
You can put me down for a rack. I have the small touratech rack now but would like something bigger.

Running some happy trail bags on my hepco racks. Interested to see what your bags look like.

Keep us posted.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #42
round the block don
soreass

Oddometer: 129
I'm very interested, too. I would commit if there was a definite time frame for your next batch. Let me know if it's a go.
round the block don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #43
C5!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Any availabilty, now or the near future?
C5! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #44
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Sorry guys, there's just never enough interst in these at the same time for me to justify the initial expense to make them, and I'm just not in a place where I can afford to make them and sit on them.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #45
tigrebleau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Just bought an '07 X Challenge and would like to add racks and panniers. Are they still being made?